Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

New weather alert for South-east and the rest of ireland 9:44pm- Gale force winds with Strong snow blizzards

Just opened my front door Got blown away There is Loads of snow blowing everywhere!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Wow my lights just flickerd and im in Dublin :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

despite everyone saying snow in kilkenny and south east, despite it being less than 1 degree here, despite thewre being a wind chill, which i don't know if its accurate of -16.1, there is only wet sleet falling here . :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

irishdub14 wrote: »

Have been flickering here for the last couple of hours?

1.7c and icy rain atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

These flickering lights are giving me a headache. Did you hear that darling? !!

Anyway, got out the trusty wind up torch, the battery operated radio and put boiling water in the thermal mug. I am so ready for battle if there is a power cut tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Get prepared for a whiteout in a blackout in Dublin! :eek:

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Have been flickering here for the last couple of hours?

1.7c and icy rain atm.

Its only just happened here anyway.....

Omg just heard on the radio That electricity has gone out in places across the country get ready your flashlights out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

RobitTV wrote: »
    Just opened my front door Got blown away There is Loads of snow blowing everywhere!!!

Yeah can you believe its actually snowing in Waterford in March. Pity the roads are too wet for it to stick, Temp 1.9c/0.5c

• Advertisement

I dont have a flashlight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wind decreasing here bigtime once again :rolleyes:, back down to the daily average of 16mph mean. Temp on the rise too, back up to 3.6c.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I am willing to shelter any laydeez that are affected by power cuts lol :D

Weather report-- Heavy snow and Gale force winds its unreal down here Electricity has gone out in some places i heard it on the Radio Get ready for a blackout guys!! :pac:

I dont have a flashlight. :(

Gloworms in a jam jar. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There are a huge amount of power outages in Lenister, thousands of houses.

RobitTV wrote: »
    Weather report-- Heavy snow and Gale force winds its unreal down here Electricity has gone out in some places i heard it on the Radio Get ready for a blackout guys!! :pac:

What station did you hear bout the electricity on Robit?

snow ghost wrote: »
    Gloworms in a jam jar. ;)

Only a Mayo fecker could come up with that :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

BBC reports 20,000 homes in Northern Ireland are without power due to the weather.

READ HERE

snow ghost wrote: »
    What station did you hear bout the electricity on Robit?

I Heard it on WLR FM Waterfords Local radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

Heavy snow here a few miles outside Wexford for a while , has stopped now , ground was wet from rain and sleet earlier so not alot of it stuck.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1.6c DP 1.6c Temp going in the right direction but fear a night of cold rain and sleet.

ian_m wrote: »
    BBC reports 20,000 homes in Northern Ireland are without power due to the weather.

READ HERE

OMG This is a Disaster the whole country is gonigo ut of electricity tonight because of the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dew point 0.1°C and falling :) , temp 1.6°C and falling, sneachta flakes..also falling and starting to settle.
    And so it begins :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Min wrote: »
    Thanks for the update.

Looks like we have several more inches of snow to come, it has been snowing for near three hours now, blizzard conditions worse than the January blizzard.

i see. the trick is to really not want any snow and you end up getting plastered:pac:

How is Owenc doing?

Owen!

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I am willing to shelter any laydeez that are affected by power cuts lol :D

Nell McCafferty is on her way over to ya... naked. :pac:

Well the planes to dublin airport are still landing behind me... thats a bad sign for snow...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

How is Owenc doing?

Owen!
    "Northern Ireland Electricity said there was widespread damage, especially in Omagh, Enniskillen, Dungannon, Londonderry, Coleraine and Ballymena."

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp is on the fall here now and wind speeds on the up, 4.0C/2.7C now with the wind gusting to 53km/hr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement