Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

The Breast Feeding Support Thread

1218219220221222224»

Comments

• Vaquita wrote: »
    Not quite breastfeeding related, but milk drinking related so hope this is ok to post.

My 1 yr old is breastfed when I am home and would have 2 x bottles with expressed milk when I am at work. Until last week. She is now refusing milk in her old baby bottle, in her straw cup, in an open cup. Just not interested and will even gag according to her childminder.

Is it ok to just rely on yoghurts, cheese, other calcium sources during the day and for her to drink water? She'd have full fat cows milky porridge most mornings and loves yoghurt. She still feeds from me really well at night or in the day at weekends.

I would be very happy to drop my midday work pump so if she's not drinking it, will stopping that pump affect my supply overall?

Thank you!

Highly unlikely at this stage in your breastfeeding journey. Your supply is established.
    I used to pump for my baby at work, that got tiring. I could have worked any 3 days in the week or a couple of nights and if I wanted to feed all day any day my supply was there.
    It shouldn't effect your supply, I stopped feeding there in January at 22 months and the milk didn't dry up for a long time after!

• For those of you who pumped at work, can I ask how that worked? Did you just go somewhere at lunchtime to pump? Was that somewhere in the workspace?

I'm not returning to work for a few months but I'm curious about the logistics of pumping if I'm still breastfeeding when I go back and I want to continue.

• ucsie wrote: »
    For those of you who pumped at work, can I ask how that worked? Did you just go somewhere at lunchtime to pump? Was that somewhere in the workspace?

I'm not returning to work for a few months but I'm curious about the logistics of pumping if I'm still breastfeeding when I go back and I want to continue.

The workplace should provide you with somewhere private to pump. In my case it was a resting/medical room that was available. And I discussed it with my manager and could take pumping breaks whenever I needed to. A lot of big and public sector companies would have guidelines.

• With my first I used our first aid room. We have a dedicated pumping/BF room now with comfy chairs etc

Advertisement