Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

So it turns out my new passport was lost between departments, hence the 2 month wait and now the panic to get to cork sometime this week to be issued another one.

Hopefully because it is their fault, it'll be dealt with as an emergency and I'll have it back before I travel next week. (so they claim)

If not I hope they can open their cheque book to refund me my holiday costs.

Just cannot trust them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Has anyone done this lately? Just wondering how long it takes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Has anyone done this lately? Just wondering how long it takes?

The passport webpage has updated turnaround times, updated daily. Best to check that as it's changing on an almost daily basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Took me the best part of 3 weeks using passport express recently

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

I did it online recently. Took a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Did Passport Express to renew my youngest daughter's passport. Submitted at post office on 24th April. Arrived this morning. The estimated delivery date was 18th so a day early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

Roughly how long does it take for your Passport Application tracker details to go up on line from when you post them?

I applied for 5 new passports 10 days ago and have just checked "track passport" online but message for all 5 application barcode number states " does not exist"?

Does it normally take this long for status to be uploaded online?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

So it turns out my new passport was lost between departments, hence the 2 month wait and now the panic to get to cork sometime this week to be issued another one.

Hopefully because it is their fault, it'll be dealt with as an emergency and I'll have it back before I travel next week. (so they claim)

If not I hope they can open their cheque book to refund me my holiday costs.

Just cannot trust them anymore.

Hope you got sorted SweetCaliber. I was in the passport office in Cork yesterday to get a passport for my daughter who lost hers. They were absolutely lovely in there. Arrived early for my appointment and was called to the counter almost straight away. From the security man who met us at the door to the lady at the passport desk and the gent at the cash office they couldn't be more helpful or pleasant. I really hope you have the same experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

jordata wrote: »
    Hope you got sorted SweetCaliber. I was in the passport office in Cork yesterday to get a passport for my daughter who lost hers. They were absolutely lovely in there. Arrived early for my appointment and was called to the counter almost straight away. From the security man who met us at the door to the lady at the passport desk and the gent at the cash office they couldn't be more helpful or pleasant. I really hope you have the same experience.

Cant say the same unfortunately. Drove to cork with proof of travel next tuesday, was told to come back next monday and they "might" have it ready. Such a waste of petrol for something that wasnt my fault. I have very little faith in the paasport system now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 le_baz

Just got my passport renewed online.

They don't include the observation name in the renewal which is a pain.

I need this because my birth cert name and the name that I use are different.
    Irish thing about calling you by your second name because your first one is the same as your fathers.

They have the information and its already been vetted so why can't they replicate the old passport.

I don't see that in any of the information they provide for renewal online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 le_baz

I have never been questioned about it.
    It actually helps when visas have your birth cert name on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Online Renewal
    I guess when it goes well, it's grand.

Applied 5 days ago, and checked their tracking info a while ago and it's printed and handed over to An Post since yesterday. Thats a good turn around! should be in the letterbox by Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ruth2312

Hi, I'm currently in Oz and my Irish passport got destroyed in the rain. The laminated page is perfect but the rest of the passport has fallen apart. I'm due to travel to NZ in 4 weeks and Bali in 5. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement quickly or temporary passport??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Contact the Irish Embassy...

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/australia/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kittykatty96!

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has lost a passport and made a application for a new one. But after they had paid, found their lost passport and successfully got a cancellation and refund for their application.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As far as I know if you lost a passport you fill in a declaration at the Garda station to confirm this and when your application goes in that lost passport is cancelled and can't be reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hi,
    Applied earlier this month for our new born, and wasn't aware it's taking around 22 working days.
    Our flights are booked for next week, but passport not due to arrive til week after going on the tracking website.
    Is there anything we can do or just need to start cancelling and rearranging our holiday?
    I tried calling passport office but they can't take calls at mo due to high volume and someone I know can't get an appointment for a week :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Perhaps tweet them? Someone seems to monitor the twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

If you have an observation it is because you initially requested it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

whiskeyman wrote: »
    <snip>
    I tried calling passport office but they can't take calls at mo due to high volume and someone I know can't get an appointment for a week :(
    they have a contact form and someone should get back within a day with info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

As far as I know if you lost a passport you fill in a declaration at the Garda station to confirm this and when your application goes in that lost passport is cancelled and can't be reinstated.

Your old passport won't be reinstated. Once you sign the declaration of loss in front of a Garda, you can forget about ever using that passport again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hi,
    Applied earlier this month for our new born, and wasn't aware it's taking around 22 working days.
    Our flights are booked for next week, but passport not due to arrive til week after going on the tracking website.
    Is there anything we can do or just need to start cancelling and rearranging our holiday?

If it's for a first time passport, they won't expedite it. Ultimately, you booked a holiday without a valid passport, so it's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Maybe you ticked the box by mistake. If its the Passport Office who made the mistake they should issue you a new corrected passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Rastafari is the almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Passport expires in September and i just got a new one. Which one is valid now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Rockfish wrote: »
    Passport expires in September and i just got a new one. Which one is valid now? :confused:

Did they not cut the corners off the old one? Did you send away the old one with the application?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement