Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage..making a tool of himself as usual.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I remember the 1st time I saw him I thought he was very funny! He only has the 1 routine though.He seems to always get himself into trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Reflector wrote: »
    The Savage eye was brilliant, anyone know where I can get it on DVD.

He can be a bit offensive, but thats his thing, shock comedy.

comedy should be funny first before you try for anything else.

He's shocking alright, I'll give you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Reflector wrote: »
    The Savage eye was brilliant, anyone know where I can get it on DVD.

He can be a bit offensive, but thats his thing, shock comedy.
    I remember he said some really bad things to some chinese students one day in Temple bar. Was a bit cringey.
    It only finished in December, not sure how long it takes for the dvd. The live show is on in vicar st next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Denmark101

I googled McSavage because i seen him perform recently- i found this and HAD to join!
    Haha! Alot of hate for mcSavage out there! Degsey you must know him- or he must hav been mean to you as a child or slagged you on the street or at a gig or you must be a competitor of his or something?? Coz how could someone hate a complete stranger so much? Ah go on tell us how you know him and what he did to you and we can have this like McSavage therapy room!

The Healing Room for post-mcsavage pain! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just stick mcsavage in there on his own, throw away the key, and we'll all be happy! hell, tell him its the green room for the pat kenny show and he's on next, and he'll be so happy that they'll have to call it the "whitewashed walls" room after he's allowed out! :rolleyes:

i dont hate him, i just dont find him very interesting! we can all call ourselves cahhmeeedeens "cuz we go for the shock factor", also known as the "i am a talentless nobody with an overwhelming desire to be noticed cuz im all insecure dont ya know!", factor.

the fact is that when RTE have a shíte show, and the ratings are slipping, they call in tommy tiernan, but he musnt have been available saturday night so the next best they could come up with was DMS. well done RTE and pats on the back all round!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Denmark101 wrote: »
    I googled McSavage because i seen him perform recently- i found this and HAD to join!
    Haha! Alot of hate for mcSavage out there! Degsey you must know him- or he must hav been mean to you as a child or slagged you on the street or at a gig or you must be a competitor of his or something?? Coz how could someone hate a complete stranger so much? Ah go on tell us how you know him and what he did to you and we can have this like McSavage therapy room!

please tell me you are one of those RTE employees accounts that always come on boards to plug their sh1te entertainers.

tell ya what if you are, go make a hidden camera program in Krystle, Renards et al of the slack jawed self important idiots who stuff drugs into any available oriface, like John Ryan and McSavage and then **** each other off and tell each other how talented they are, even though they only got as far as they have due to drug filled bullsh1t talk and similar wanky connections (paid for off our TV Licences btw :) ). that would be hilarious and you dont even have to tax yourself in writing a script (a big ask in the creative cesspool that is RTE for the past 5 years).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jazzy wrote: »
    please tell me you are one of those RTE employees accounts that always come on boards to plug their sh1te entertainers.

tell ya what if you are, go make a hidden camera program in Krystle, Renards et al of the slack jawed self important idiots who stuff drugs into any available oriface, like John Ryan and McSavage and then **** each other off and tell each other how talented they are, even though they only got as far as they have due to drug filled bullsh1t talk and similar wanky connections (paid for off our TV Licences btw :) ). that would be hilarious and you dont even have to tax yourself in writing a script (a big ask in the creative cesspool that is RTE for the past 5 years).

You feel unappreciated, I take it?

Nodin wrote: »
    You feel unappreciated, I take it?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I like your idea for a show, Jazzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

I think David McSavage is ...Savage!

• Advertisement

I didn't realise I was plugging anyone-:confused:?? I'm just havin laugh at the hate. Relax.
    You can't honewstly say you don't find the hate from yourself and some of the users boarderline obsessive? Its just funny is all:D

When I figure out boards.ie I'm gonna start a thread called 'Surviving the pain that David mcSavage imposed upon me forward slash will I ever get over it?' Haha:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just out of curiousity, i did the same- googled "David McSavage", even "David McSavage comedian", and this thread is nowhere near even the first five pages! but heres a NSFW link i think will tickle your DMS funnybone-

NSFW linky

i hope david you appreciate the humorous sentiment with your cutting edge sense of humor that plebs like myself just dont get!! :rolleyes:

xsiborg wrote: »
    just out of curiousity, i did the same- googled "David McSavage", even "David McSavage comedian", and this thread is nowhere near even the first five pages! but heres a NSFW link i think will tickle your DMS funnybone-

NSFW linky

i hope david you appreciate the humorous sentiment with your cutting edge sense of humor that plebs like myself just dont get!! :rolleyes:

I don't know what you're on about but I find that highly offensive. And I joined boards because I thought it seemed like a bit of fun, not to get horrible responses from you.
    Aside from the aggresive nature of your post FYI it didn't take me long at all to find this thread, and I'm not really sure what your accusing me of... surfing the internet??
    I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't leave a link like this again, I have a young child who could have heard it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I have a young child who could have heard it!

Past their bedtime, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

NSFW linky

Banned.

Past their bedtime, no?

I have a three year old who is asleep and that link which I niavely clicked on plays a loop recording very loudly 'f**K you f**k you f**k you'

What sort of thread is this? I had found the level of anger some posters were displaying amusing, but I didn't expect it to be directed at me.
    I'm not even sure why I received such a response:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I have a three year old who is asleep and that link which I niavely clicked on plays a loop recording very loudly 'f**K you f**k you f**k you'

What sort of thread is this? I had found the level of anger some posters were displaying amusing, but I didn't expect it to be directed at me.

Denmark101, have a look around AHs and get a feel for the forum.
    Also have a read of the charter.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Maybe your better off posting on other forums...this one is not for the easily offended....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292

I didn't realise I was plugging anyone-:confused:?? I'm just havin laugh at the hate. Relax.
    You can't honewstly say you don't find the hate from yourself and some of the users boarderline obsessive? Its just funny is all:D

When I figure out boards.ie I'm gonna start a thread called 'Surviving the pain that David mcSavage imposed upon me forward slash will I ever get over it?' Haha:pac:

well RTE employees have signed up multiple accounts before to plug their shows and 'stars' across various sections of this site. thats the level they are at :)

but no, dave mcsavage is awful and i think its more the nature of his employment in the company that annoys boards users the most. ya know, spending of license money on an unfunny jerkweasel because he has good connections and stuff. and its especially annoying considering that this island has such a good pedigree of comedians and writers that someone like mcsavage is considered by people, and i say this cringingly, funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Ive done a 180 on him. I wanted to beat the living daylights out of him until last weekend when i saw him on that excuse of a human beings show on saturday night. In comparison hes a delight.

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    well RTE employees have signed up multiple accounts before to plug their shows and 'stars' across various sections of this site. thats the level they are at :)

but no, dave mcsavage is awful and i think its more the nature of his employment in the company that annoys boards users the most. ya know, spending of license money on an unfunny jerkweasel because he has good connections and stuff. and its especially annoying considering that this island has such a good pedigree of comedians and writers that someone like mcsavage is considered by people, and i say this cringingly, funny...

Oh I didn't realise he got the show because of his connections. I'm suprised he didn't think to have a TV show before 2009 then, considering his connections you'd think he would have availed of them before now-? How long is he around now?

I first seen him a good few years ago in some comedy club in dublin and again only a few weeks ago in the International Bar in Dublin- I've never seen him street perform but sounds like alot of people have had bad experiences, but I really enjoted the night in the clubs.

I work in the media and doubt his connections are what got him his first show after 10 plus years in comedy. But who knows maybe I'm wrong:confused:
    Doubt it tho:pac:

Saw the live show in vicar st. It was misleadingly titled "the savage eye live". One thing was very obvious, Mcsavage was head and shoulders above everyone else on the night, but strangely was shown up for not having much material. The supports were **** bar for a fews moments of light. Mcsavage himself was brilliant, but after the half way mark he resorted to the "international" and street routine inc getting aiden bishop up on stage to do an ancient routine i saw years ago in the international. Over all though he was good, but loses points for lack of preperation lack of material. I look forward to Savage eye II.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I honestly think the guy is a comedy genius. The Savage Eye was so spot on it was scary.

Obviously theres alot of people who disagree with his portrayal of Irish society but for me he consistantly hits the nail on the head and his observations are hilarious.

I was actually surprised RTE had the balls to take a risk on it and for the first time I have a bit of respect for them. I think the Katherine Lynch stuff is muck, but it appears that there has been some kind of revolution in RTE in terms of taking risks on new shows, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt but fair play to them for trying, its about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Over all though he was good, but loses points for lack of preperation lack of material. I look forward to Savage eye II.

Surely a comic with a lack of preparation, and lack of material is ****e??

Noopti wrote: »
    Surely a comic with a lack of preparation, and lack of material is ****e??
    No, as he was very good to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

NSFW linky

Funnily enough if you google "David McSavage twat" then this thread is number two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jelliskite

I see McSavage has been booked at the Helix for a night in the comedy festival.. How the Fuk is this guy getting gigs like this ??? Did they go and see his recent live act before booking him ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

there's a limited pool of comedians to pick from for festivals, so all the local heads will be getting a slot.

P.S. McSavage has been working for RTE for years as the warm up comedian on the Late Late (guess how he got that job?) so it's not like they picked him out of obscurity.

BTW the savage Eye was the complete extent of his material. His next series will be him slagging off spanish students and them looking at him blankly as they have no idea what he's saying. And when that routine is exhausted he'll start calling women lesbians for not stopping and watching his comedy.

there's a limited pool of comedians to pick from for festivals, so all the local heads will be getting a slot.

P.S. McSavage has been working for RTE for years as the warm up comedian on the Late Late (guess how he got that job?) so it's not like they picked him out of obscurity.

BTW the savage Eye was the complete extent of his material. His next series will be him slagging off spanish students and them looking at him blankly as they have no idea what he's saying. And when that routine is exhausted he'll start calling women lesbians for not stopping and watching his comedy.
    mcsavage is one dublins funnier comedians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

PK2008 wrote: »
    I honestly think the guy is a comedy genius. The Savage Eye was so spot on it was scary.

Obviously theres alot of people who disagree with his portrayal of Irish society but for me he consistantly hits the nail on the head and his observations are hilarious.

I was actually surprised RTE had the balls to take a risk on it and for the first time I have a bit of respect for them. I think the Katherine Lynch stuff is muck, but it appears that there has been some kind of revolution in RTE in terms of taking risks on new shows, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt but fair play to them for trying, its about time.

100% agree.....ireland has a big disturbing dark side that most people won't admit to....hence the anger for him telling it like it is....its funny because its true

Advertisement