Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Here's a very specific request- Can anyone suggest any mysteries thrillers or detective films that sort of portray police and criminals continually trying to outwit each other? Preferably if it involves a hunt for a serial killer or the likes After reading Sherlock Holmes books and watching M I've become obsessed with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Here's a very specific request- Can anyone suggest any mysteries thrillers or detective films that sort of portray police and criminals continually trying to outwit each other? Preferably if it involves a hunt for a serial killer or the likes After reading Sherlock Holmes books and watching M I've become obsessed with this sort of thing.

Would also be interested in any info on the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Heat! Added incentive is watching Pacino (the detective) and De Niro (the career thief) perform together before they became a bit ****.

Memories of Murder and Zodiac are two excellent serial killer type films but the focus is mostly on the detectives.

You might be interested in The Taking of Pelham 123 (the original), The Secret In Their Eyes and Insomnia too. Although they only loosely fit your criteria, they're all superb films. Can't really think of any others.. M is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I'm watching a lot of Parks and Recreation at the moment. It is just so funny, it's the first show that has made me laugh out loud consistently in a long time. I wish I could be the third person in Amy Poehler and Will Arnett's marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Going to watch City of God soon, anyone seen it?

• Advertisement

It's ruddy bloody good. Best gangster film of the last few years.

(The last few pages have really exposed my nerdy obsession with films. :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I haven't seen them so maybe it's not what you're looking for, I don't know, but I've heard good things about BBC's Sherlock!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

flyswatter wrote: »
    Going to watch City of God soon, anyone seen it?

Yup I've watched it a couple of times - very good film
    I wish more people would watch it but once it's subtitles it has to be ****e shur :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just watched the first two eps of Pretty Little Liars, it seems good enough. Do any of ye watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

I started watching How I met your mother from the beginning. I'm on season 2 at the moment... I hope I'll get it done by the time I'm back to school. I thought I hadn't seen much of it before, but I seem to remember what happens in every episode.

I'm also starting to dislike Ted. I think I'm developing this heightened sense of annoyance with people who whine... the last time I watched every episode of Friends, I came to despise Ross, realising that he was the most arrogant and self-centred character I had ever seen. He never stops complaining. The thing is, I've seen every episode of Friends about five times and I never realised it before. I still love friends though. Ya can't beat watching a bit of friends on comedy central on a lazy weekday afternoon and then watching the repeat again in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Ross was the one character I never really liked, couldn't understand why Rachel loved him at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I came to hate Phoebe tbh, she was pretty horrible towards the end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Yup I've watched it a couple of times - very good film
    I wish more people would watch it but once it's subtitles it has to be ****e shur :mad:

Hate that attitude. I believe for example foreign cinema is destroying American cinema in terms of quality in the horror genre and has been for ages now. American horror has damn all new ideas and just remakes either foreign films or classic American horror films. Everyone knows that, I'm not even a big horror fan.

I'll be watching a film called 13 Assassins soon, Japanese I believe.

Saw Switchblade Romance a while back too, decent film, dunno what to make of the ending though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Lawliet wrote: »
    Ross was the one character I never really liked, couldn't understand why Rachel loved him at all

Ross was a pure pansy, sure :p

Chandler was always my favourite, because of the vunerability he always kept tucked just underneath his sarcastic charm. That and he was one of the only actors who could ad-lib; in fact, he co-wrote a lot of his own script He's the kind of husband I'm after :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Revenge is awesome - hate the hype that surrounds it on both E4 and RTE 2 though. It had led me to believe that it was just a campy, melodramatic younger take on Desperate Housewives, only with one lead instead of four (and tbf, they kinda did steal Mary Alice's narrative thingy). But it's so much more sophisticated than the ads suggest! Wouldn't say I'm addicted to it by no means, but if it's on I won't change the channel :P Well worth a watch if you're into saga-dramas with a little eye candy on the side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

SChique00 wrote: »
    Revenge is awesome - hate the hype that surrounds it on both E4 and RTE 2 though. It had led me to believe that it was just a campy, melodramatic younger take on Desperate Housewives, only with one lead instead of four (and tbf, they kinda did steal Mary Alice's narrative thingy). But it's so much more sophisticated than the ads suggest! Wouldn't say I'm addicted to it by no means, but if it's on I won't change the channel :P Well worth a watch if you're into saga-dramas with a little eye candy on the side ;)

How much did soccy pay you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

SChique00 wrote: »
    Ross was a pure pansy, sure :p

Speaking of Ross - watching Curb Your Enthusiam at the moment and David Schwimmer is guest starring in season 4 just where I'm watching now :cool:

Very good show, would recommend it to most people - very easy to watch I find and some bits are just proper LOL moments

Ticket to Dark Knight Rises booked :D

Here's hoping they bring back the likes of POW! BASH! BOP! BAM! etc.

The Newsroom on Sky Atlantic is looking rather promising. I think this is actually probably the first thing I've watched on Sky atlantic since we got Sky last year. All I ever seem to see scheduled is Star Trek and the likes.

Yesterday, they had Russel Brand doing American stand-up comedy. I can't imagine how any British/Irish viewer would want to watch that kind of nonsensical crap. American sense of humour is just so idiotic and obvious.

But the Newsroom, yeah... It's looking good, at least.

Anybody seen it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

rugrats wrote: »
    But the Newsroom, yeah... It's looking good, at least.

Anybody seen it?

Yeah I didnt think I'd like it but its actually pretty good

Here's hoping they bring back the likes of POW! BASH! BOP! BAM! etc.

And the worst villain of all.. The Scoutmaster!

Somebody uploaded all of Charlie Brooker's tv shows onto a youtube channel. Hell yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Started watching Pretty Little Liars. Oh god it's adictive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Awkward is back on yay!
    I'm a fan of teen dramas and at least this one dosent seem as pretentious as some other ones.Theres yet to be a murder or really sordid affair etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I saw Batman The Dark Night Rises last week. It is a worst film ever.

/internettroll

D'ya know what's the best.... QI. The funniest show ever... I've watched a load of it this summer. Alan Davies' buzzer never gets old

Spent like three hours last night watching University Challenge and being silently delighted with myself every time I got a question right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Namlub wrote: »
    Spent like three hours last night watching University Challenge and being silently delighted with myself every time I got a question right

Advertisement