Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Just saw the 'new' new girl. Very very funny. Also, I want Sherlock series 3 nawwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just watched a documentory from 2206 called Jesus Camp,its suprisingly riveting.It focuses on three young evangelical kids and their faith and they attend a 3 week summer camp.

I really enjoyed it but I do tend to like things like this.It's not as entertaining as the Louis Theroux pieces on the Westboro Baptist church but it is shocking and makes you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Just watched a documentory from 2206 called Jesus Camp

I demand access to your time machine!

But yeah thats a really good movie, especially when your one is going on about how Harry Potter is the devil. Mental.

Dag Nabbit i meant 2006!

Yeah its weird,they revisted some of the kids for 50 documentorys to see before you die.He'd watched the films :P

Just back from The Woman In Black. Wasn't even that scary or good I thought. Worst Harry Potter yet.

On the plus side, new GoT trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Namlub wrote: »
    I only watched Warrior in the first place to see Tom Hardy in shorts punching people, but now I am actually emotionally traumatised and crying. Holy shit

I, always eager to test out my roboticness, decided to take this recommendation on board. Oh god, it was all fine, I was totally chill until like four minutes from the end. But as soon as that song from The National came on, I welled up. Actually welled up. That's huuuuuuge for me. My brother also commented that my face resembled that of a tortured cat (while watching that scene, not in general...I think)...really good movie, bit odd how I hadn't heard of it before though. :confused:

(obviously don't watch this if you don't want the film to be completely spoiled for you.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

YES! The song just broke my heart, oh god. And same, apparently it came out last September but I only heard about it a few weeks ago >_<

The scene that really hit me in Warrior was when
    Tommy comes in and his Dad's drunk and he just holds him on his bed
    .So emotional.

I'm just in the door from Safe House,not really the type of film I like but it was good I suppose and my boyfriend loved it.Watched supersize me last night though and instead of putting me off fast food I now have a bigger craving than ever for a big dirty greasy burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Watched In Time tonight. It was amusing enough. I don't feel like time was stolen from me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

The Green Mile was on tv tonight. Spiffing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

The Green Mile was on tv tonight. Spiffing :D

The Green Mile is my favourite film ever! Love Tom Hanks so much.

Watched J. Edgar yesterday. Actually quite good.
    Felt so sorry for Clyde though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I don't suppose anyone saw that short story thing that was just on RTE 2? It gave me the creeps. The premise? A guy gets attacked by a swan, somehow becomes pregnant(?) by it and "gives birth" to an egg. It was called The Meaning of Eggsistence.

Just home from this means war and most people will dismiss it as girly twaddle but lads it was savage!
    Tom Hardy be still my beating heart!Rawr.
    T'was gas aswell.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't suppose anyone saw that short story thing that was just on RTE 2? It gave me the creeps. The premise? A guy gets attacked by a swan, somehow becomes pregnant(?) by it and "gives birth" to an egg. It was called The Meaning of Eggsistence.

<_<

>_>

aIMGP5139.jpg

Finally got around to Firefly & Serenity recently, it's actually brill!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

Just home from this means war and most people will dismiss it as girly twaddle but lads it was savage!
    Tom Hardy be still my beating heart!Rawr.
    T'was gas aswell.

I was forced to see this and omg what a flag waving exercise. I like the reference to the UK US relationship in Afg. The Brits are called borrowers for a reason. Interesting ethos - girls should not feel cheating guilt and guys should join uncle sam, ya get to spend buckets of money being a legal stalker while the bad guys come and go as they please. A homage to the USA of today.

Well you clearly read into that more than I did.

I guess my film student ways aren't fully honed.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Nooooo! Why Desperate housewives, why
    Mike!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Nooooo! Why Desperate housewives, why
    Mike!

:(

I know ....... it's just :(

That was some good walking dead (the most recent episode in the US)

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    That was some good walking dead (the most recent episode in the US)

Everyone keeps saying this, I'm like 3 episodes behind, just finished "Triggerfinger". Gotta catch up

c_hobo_with_a_shotgun.jpg

Just wow... Most ridiculous, unnecessarily violent film ever. I don't know what to say...

c_hobo_with_a_shotgun.jpg

Just wow... Most ridiculous, unnecessarily violent film ever. I don't know what to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You can say what it is. Amazing grindhouse no holds barred awesomeness

Season finale of the walking dead tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I've been slowly (but surely) getting through 30 Rock season 1 to 4 after picking it up a few weeks ago. Why didn't anyone tell me about it before then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just finished The Wire.... What the hell do I do now? Some Jameson and Dubliners may be in order. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Just finished The Wire.... What the hell do I do now? Some Jameson and Dubliners may be in order. :D

Have you seen The Sopranos? The Shield? Breaking Bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

rewatching drake and josh. classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

New season of Game of Thrones aired last night.

Absolute quality and gripping show.

Advertisement