Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I'm thinking of re-watching it to bide time until the second season comes out!:P

I might rewatch it closer to the second season premiere. I should get back to reading the books, only finished the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Episodes of Quantum Leap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

The Walking Dead is so amazing I don't have a clue why I'm only watching it now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Just finishing off watching series four of The Big Bang Theory now.

I'll probably start watching New Girl after that, it seems pretty good. :)

And I have to finish off watching every episode of The Inbetweeners too, started that over a year ago and never got 'round to finishing it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

The Walking Dead is so amazing I don't have a clue why I'm only watching it now..
    Starts off great, goes strong then meh.

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »

Well so far it's good, I'm on episode three of series two now and it's so addictive it's crazy. Oh and I watched series one at the start of January, not just today aswell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

David Attenborough; the only person alive who can say things like "Narwhals, unicorns of the sea" without sounding ridiculous.

marko93 wrote: »

This! I'm saving up the rest of season 2 so I can watch it over a few days. I think its painfully slow on a week-by-week basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Gypsy Weddings,I think I love all this car crash trashy tv because I end up watching so much arty stuff in college.

but still this show is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

It's been a good midterm for TV. Drive, The Road, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, Modern Family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Watched Drive the other day, was pretty amazing :rolleyes:

Jackobyte wrote: »
    It's been a good midterm for TV. Drive, The Road, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, Modern Family.

Lord of the Rings! I've had a.. craving? to watch them for the last few weeks, but nobody has the DVDs handy, and every link is dead on the internet now because megavideo is gone, and downloading just won't happen for me. Somebody post me the boxset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I'm thinking of re-watching it to bide time until the second season comes out!tongue.gif

Conor108 wrote: »
    I might rewatch it closer to the second season premiere. I should get back to reading the books, only finished the first one.

I just started reading the second book and I'm already almost 400 pages in and I've only been reading it for two/three days :D
    I've rewatched the first season again...ready for season two :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Lord of the Rings! I've had a.. craving? to watch them for the last few weeks, but nobody has the DVDs handy, and every link is dead on the internet now because megavideo is gone, and downloading just won't happen for me. Somebody post me the boxset.

Yesterday was intended to be a LOTRs day where me and my group of friends would vegetate in front of the TV with a 24 pack of red bull, watching all three one after the other. Alas, it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

leemurta wrote: »
    Watched Drive the other day, was pretty amazing :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hate films that are amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Pulp Fiction, for the lullzzz ;) and all set to watch The Way Back this evening - have been a fan of Ms. Ronan's since she was a young 'un, so I'm expecting to be suitably impressed.
    Can anyone recommend some funny films to me? And I mean properly funny, not American "someone falls over, a toddler makes a sarcastic comment and you're expected to piss yourself" funny. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Gypsy Weddings,I think I love all this car crash trashy tv because I end up watching so much arty stuff in college.

but still this show is great!

Love love love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Watching Tangled!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I was procrastinating the other day and made a list of all the comedies I like, the size was quite puny:

The Big Lebowski, The Jerk, The Blues Brothers, Kingpin, When Harry Met Sally, Tin Men, Home Alone and Borat. There's stuff like Tagadella Nights and Blades of Glory that are decent but aren't very funny on second or third viewing.

However, I love loads of films that aren't really proper comedies but either comedy-dramas or films laced with gloriously dark humour. Stuff like Wonder Boys (watch this if you haven't), After Hours, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, The Truman Show, The King of Comedy, Trainspotting, Being John Malkovich, High Fidelity and Falling Down.

There's either a dire lack of humorous films being made or my sense of humour is shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

LIAM NEESON IS IN THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?! I am way to excited to see this movie, lawds.

I should sleep now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Yesterday was intended to be a LOTRs day where me and my group of friends would vegetate in front of the TV with a 24 pack of red bull, watching all three one after the other. Alas, it didn't work.
    Did this before. And did the 6 star wars too although that ended up with nearly burning the house down cooking ribs, some poor elderly woman passing by being shown a film of an adult nature and a lightsaber fight in the middle of the road at 4am.
    Would do again

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

I got into Community really hard. Silly but clever funny. I have 4 more episodes to see and I keep putting it off cuz I don't want it to eeeeend

victoriaa wrote: »
    I got into Community really hard. Silly but clever funny. I have 4 more episodes to see and I keep putting it off cuz I don't want it to eeeeend

You have made an excellent decision. It's coming back soon-ish. Let's hope for 6 seasons and a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Just cried watching One Tree Hill again. Damn that show!

So I have episode 6 & 7 of The Walking Dead to watch and it's still going good. It's so gripping.
    Also I'm going to check out Friday Night Lights pilot episode tonight too. Considering I have nothing better to do than puke every twenty minutes... So yep, that's my Saturday night \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    That man is ALL of the sexy.

Oh God I know! Have you seen Episode 13 Snake Eyes yet? There's a scene near the start where he is just after getting out of the shower. :D
    Also Emily/Paget is leaving again. This time it's for good though! :(

All I seem to be watching these days is either CM, The Mentalist or New Girl.

I only watched Warrior in the first place to see Tom Hardy in shorts punching people, but now I am actually emotionally traumatised and crying. Holy shit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The X-Files Season 1 is up on Sky player. Giving it a watch. On episode 10 and enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Namlub wrote: »
    I only watched Warrior in the first place to see Tom Hardy in shorts punching people, but now I am actually emotionally traumatised and crying. Holy shit

I thought it was hilariously Hollywoody.

TOMMY CONLON JUST RIPPED HIS OPPONENTS HEART OUT, BAKED IT IN A CAKE THEN FED IT TO SOME NEEDY ORPHANS FROM CALCUTTA! OUTRAGEOUS JIM!

I watched King of Comedy, which was brillerz.

• Advertisement

I thought it was hilariously Hollywoody.

TOMMY CONLON JUST RIPPED HIS OPPONENTS HEART OUT, BAKED IT IN A CAKE THEN FED IT TO SOME NEEDY ORPHANS FROM CALCUTTA! OUTRAGEOUS JIM!

I watched King of Comedy, which was brillerz.

I love all that tbh
    Tommy clearly should have won though >_>
    HE RIPPED THE DOOR OFF A TANK!

Advertisement