Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks - THE TV SERIES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

Pure Boggervision. Looks like they made it up as they went along. Terrible acting. Lead guy lapsed into a D4 accent at the end. I am well over 30 but used to hang around with clowns like this when I was 20. Didn't like them then and moved on pretty quickly. Don't want to be reminded of it either. Haven't seen the web version and have no intention of watching it. RTE is what I pay my license fee for so I'll judge it in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

:rolleyes:That's my point. It isn't what it was originally meant to be

Ah now, it was never about "live in the wesht" (watched all the web shows) tongue n cheek or not.........

The web episodes had at least some decent humour in them. This show was pretty devoid of it, and with only 3 episodes its gonna be hard to pull it back......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

could RTE have spent any less on this? i've seen school plays with better production! it was funny in parts but anyone who seen the youtube videos would have seen most of this before. they could have done with some semblance of a script as well, the improvisation got tiring after a while. ah well, shur that's the way most of us talk in the wesht anyways, time for a lush.

regardless i thought the africa-ireland garda exchange bit was good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

It seems RTE tried to encourage a storyline which has sort of led to it being predictable and unfunny

I literally loved all the web episodes but this was meh

Hopefully they will get back to form next week

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

kippy wrote: »
    Ah now, it was never about "live in the wesht" (watched all the web shows) tongue n cheek or not.........

The web episodes had at least some decent humour in them. This show was pretty devoid of it, and with only 3 episodes its gonna be hard to pull it back......

Do you know what tongue in cheek means??

Of course it started out as a piss take of life in the west. But RTE have decided to make it about 4 guys who try to out do each other with 1-liners. It doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Horse_box wrote: »
    It seems RTE tried to encourage a storyline which has sort of led to it being predictable and unfunny

I literally loved all the web episodes but this was meh

Hopefully they will get back to form next week

I agree.

Although I enjoyed this first episode, I initially didn't like the first web episode but the consequent ones made up for it; Hopefully it will be the same case for the next episodes on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is how you do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

everyones entitled to their opinion, but the worst rte production?? have you ever watched rte??

I can't think of anything worse. Even Val Falvey, Killinaskully, Mattie, Stew, Stone Cold Sober, Katherin Lynch and Fair City are vastly superior to this crap. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fitch34

Its about time RTE gave up on the idea of making a comedy!! Can't believe they show this ****e when there are so many good shows that they can show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

I thought it was decent. People are always going to complain when something gets popular, feck 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Loved the web episodes but was worried that the RTE transition might go well.

It was an average episode tonight I think. Took a lot of the old web episodes and also the pilot episodes that can be found on bebo. As other posters said it seems they are trying to find a balance between introducing characters to new viewers and not making it to repetitive for people whove seen all the web episodes.

Not a patch on the web versions but its only been on once so ill wait a while before I judge it.

Cameraman: "What countries have you been to?"
    The Boo: "Them all..................................................well not physically, moreso spritually like on the internet"
    Misquoted but similar to what he said:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Had this on plus and just watched it, how embarrassing for RTE and the "actors" involved. How did this utter **** get on tv, is someone taking the piss or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

dapto1 wrote: »
    I thought it was decent. People are always going to complain when something gets popular, feck 'em.

People are always gonna complain when they watch a show that's horribly scripted,acted and edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

el diablo wrote: »
    I can't think of anything worse. Even Val Falvey, Killinaskully, Mattie, Stew, Stone Cold Sober, Katherin Lynch and Fair City are vastly superior to this crap. :confused:

All of them certainly had bigger budgets but I'd still watch Hardy Bucks ahead of any of them. Even tonight's non-vintage offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Give them a bit of credit, they made a brilliant online show in my view and I think they had to do some rewinding and reintroducing for the first episode on TV.

Personally I didn't like the interaction with the camers crew which seemed fake and tiresome. I also don't like the way they have tried to bring in a concrete storyline that doesn't suit this type of comedy.

All I'd say is watch the online episodes before judging, they are far better than what was aired tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

xabi wrote: »
    Had this on plus and just watched it, how embarrassing for RTE and the "actors" involved. How did this utter **** get on tv, is someone taking the piss or what?

It got on TV because it has a fanbase and won a RTE competition, that's why.

This is how you do it

That was also brutal!

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It got on TV because it has a fanbase and won a RTE competition, that's why.

Seriously? Mother of god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

This is how you do it

Love that programme , Do ya know where i can see the full episodes on the internet? tried loads of times and cant find them anywhere.

As for the people who havnt seen the hardybucks i suggest you check out there YouTube channel , dont bother looking at the edited web shows. Tonight was terrible. If you dont like it after those then fair enough

That was also brutal!

It is miles ahead of that sh1te shown tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Seriously? Mother of god.

It has a very big fanbase and if you watch the online episodes with an open mind you will probably see why.

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Love that programme , Do ya know where i can see the full episodes on the internet? tried loads of times and cant find them anywhere.

As for the people who havnt seen the hardybucks i suggest you check out there YouTube channel , dont bother looking at the edited web shows. Tonight was terrible. If you dont like it after those then fair enough

There are no full episodes on you tube unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Scucca

Does anyone know when it'll be up on the RTE player?
    Or is there somewhere else that I can watch it online?

I see a lot of bashing going on and I had a feeling RTE would probably make a balls of it but I'd like to see it myself first.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 #014917

C'mon, did alot of the grandparents here send letters to each other a week ago to do some trolling on this? Maybe not as funny as the webisodes but funny nonetheless.

Alot of you need to take the cocks out of your respective arses and either develop a sense of humour, or turn the tv off after
    Min wrote: »
    Desperate housewives
    and go to bed or else you'll be crankey in the morning.

There are the webisodes I mentioned previously, split into 3 parts. These are denoted by the part1, part 2 or 1/3, 2/3 etc. superceeding the title of each video.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It had it's moment.

I didn't like Hardy Bucks the first time I watched it. Then I got to like it.
    The big thing I noticed was that I found the episodes on the rte storyland website about 12x funnier than the youtube episodes.

The difference was they were edited down, and it was far far funnier.

The tv show was like a typical tv show, not nearly as quick changing as the storyland episodes, not as much funny packed in. It was still quite funny in places.

It's going to be a bit tedious for people who are already fans to watch the first few episodes because they have to start from the ground up and introduce the characters and so forth, but whether they are just throw in elements of the web episodes for ever more I don't know.

RTE are probably fúcking it up royally, they should have just left it in the original format.

Unfortunately it wasn't as natural as the web episodes came off, the viper was especially disappointing.

The Ibiza bit is a bit concerning, hopefully they don't end up going and get back to basics. I wouldn't rule the show out as ****ed just yet, give it a chance.

segaBOY wrote: »
    It has a very big fanbase and if you watch the online episodes with an open mind you will probably see why.

No way, after what I just witnessed I'd rather cut my big toe off.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Someone's taking all this very seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I didn't like Hardy Bucks the first time I watched it. Then I got to like it.
    The big thing I noticed was that I found the episodes on the rte storyland website about 12x funnier than the youtube episodes.
    Are there episodes I haven't seen, the ones I seen on youtube where just copies of the storyland ones.

Just watched it on RTE player (fair dues to RTE on getting shows up quick they used to be very bad at it) while I wasn't blown away by it, it got an infinite more amount of laughs than any show RTE have done recently. It's hard for me to judge as I couldn't tell if it was picking up from the wedisodes (which I think it was) but liked it overall. It's hard to know which way it needs to go, more production gloss or more script or just back to basics.

At first when I saw Eddy in the car I thought these ****ers have just blown all the RTE money on fancy stuff for themselves but was delighted with the ending.

Very promising show overall, not perfect by any means but still an improvement for RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

#014917 wrote: »
    C'mon, did alot of the grandparents here send letters to each other a week ago to do some trolling on this?

Alot of you need to take the cocks out of your respective arses and either develop a sense of humour, or turn the tv off after and go to bed or else you'll be crankey in the morning.

Very, very strange post. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement