Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks - THE TV SERIES

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭briany

CM24 wrote: »
    Was there only 4 episodes in this season?

Yeah, and if the length of the series was to keep it as tight as possible, then I commend that. That's a big problem that the film ran into where they tried to expand what started out as a 10 minute joke out to 90 minutes.

Final episode was hilarious. The tape from 1997 was made all the funnier by dubbing the kid versions of themselves with their adult voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

Any more series planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any more series planned?

Not sure, there was no mention of it in last week's RTE new season launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Any more series planned?

Oh I'd hope not.

Its gone to S**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

The Hardy Bucks have arrived on Netflix. 4 seasons available but Is it just me or are some of the episodes different from previously aired stuff. Maybe it just been a while since I watched them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Glebee wrote: »
    The Hardy Bucks have arrived on Netflix. 4 seasons available but Is it just me or are some of the episodes different from previously aired stuff. Maybe it just been a while since I watched them.

Noticed it there last night - on the front page of my UK Netflix. Couldn't help but watch the first episode. Not sure I'll be going back tbh. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The youtube stuff was their best work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭obi604

is this totally new content?

M

obi604 wrote: »
    is this totally new content?

No it's what was previously shown on RTE, I didn't like the last series at all. There's rumours of a new series but no actual filming has teken place or release date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

No it's what was previously shown on RTE, I didn't like the last series at all. There's rumours of a new series but no actual filming has teken place or release date yet.

Based on details they posted on Twitter over the last year, it seems they are pretty unhappy with the limitations of RTE.

Like most people have said... YouTube stuff was very good, series 1 was okay but most of the rest is poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

That's them ruined so.

RTE poison everything they touch. There may be script editors that could help them but no good ones work for RTE.

And with Jane Geogan having the last word on everything... This will be Trouble in Paradise 2: Swinford Nights.

decent prediction

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The second series on RTE is the best thing they've ever done, better than the YouTube stuff, the series they had last year was so bad, they should probably knock it on the head.

M

The second series on RTE is the best thing they've ever done, better than the YouTube stuff, the series they had last year was so bad, they should probably knock it on the head.

Yes Season 2 is the best for me, in particular episode 2 where they get broadband in to the cottage.

Yes Season 2 is the best for me, in particular episode 2 where they get broadband in to the cottage.

Im looking at that at the moment on Netflix, I cant remember any of this stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

seems to be all new stuff on netflix. they plot is largely the same but they have reshot everything by looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Blanco100 wrote: »
    seems to be all new stuff on netflix. they plot is largely the same but they have reshot everything by looks of it.

no they haven't????

I thought if looked different for wharever reason.

I thought if looked different for wharever reason.

What parts, just as a matter of interest? I think the character of Eddie's girlfriend, the one from Fair City done a lot of damage to the comedy and tone in the show. The original characters, especially as a group dynamic (ie Boo, Eddie, Buzz and Frenchtoast) were neglected.
    Maybe it was just a case of "never change a winning formula" for me. Or maybe the material was running dry and they were getting other writers involved .
    The Viper character also just became a parody of himself, (and he originally was just a parody already (albeit a brilliant parody!!)

To end on a brighter note...............

"Any biscuits"

"I , eh, have"

"Get them"

One of my favourite ever, and just so simple, moments in Hardy Bucks !!

I was looking at Season 2 and thought that it had some different parts from the stuff aired on RTE, I could be just mixing it up, its a while since ive seen any hardy Bucks stuff.

M

I was looking at Season 2 and thought that it had some different parts from the stuff aired on RTE, I could be just mixing it up, its a while since ive seen any hardy Bucks stuff.

Yes I was a little confused too, I think they redid some of their Youtube stuff for Season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

no they haven't????

The stuff with Lexis training for instance is completely different no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just had a quick look on netflix all the episodes I checked were the same as their RTE series which follows a different story from the original Youtube series but reuses many of the jokes.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    The stuff with Lexis training for instance is completely different no?

No?

The King of the Town was one of the best TV episodes.

Maybe i am wrong though? !

Advertisement