Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks - THE TV SERIES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

As i feared its been tampered with too much . Not half as good as before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

check out the web shows, far better imo, most people are so familiar with the characters at this stage that its a hard balance between appeasing their fan base and introducing the show for the first time on tv
    Ah no thanks. Definitely the worst RTE production ever.. Is it supposed to be comedy or what? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I'm a big hardy bucks fan but this TV episode is just ****e!

C'mon lads get the **** back to what made the web episodes so good

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

jfrmbray wrote: »
    quoted for truth, give it a chance people.

guarantee 90% of this thread are first-time viewers who're over 30.

22 and I know humour when I see it. This isn't it in my opinion. I can understand how people would like it but it's not something that would appeal to many I'd imagine. Could be wrong but how and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

I'm not over 30. I've seen it before online. I think it is ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Watched most of the web episodes and had some great laughs........
    Not transferring too well to TV though.......
    This really isnt "mainstream" enough to make it on TV, I reckon - not a great introduction to the show for anyone who hasnt seen it on the web.....
    Oh yeah, am also over 30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you havent seen it before, watch the web episodes seriously. They are hilarious and so far away from what was on tv just now it's... ridiculous.
    they're very short and very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

el diablo wrote: »
    Ah no thanks. Definitely the worst RTE production ever.. Is it supposed to be comedy or what? :rolleyes:

everyones entitled to their opinion, but the worst rte production?? have you ever watched rte??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

Better than Kilnaskully anyway and the lads produced it themselves on the youtube so fair play to them. They got a big fan base and thats why RTE have it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

ohohoho, more nationwide and capital D please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

That_Guy wrote: »
    22 and I know humour when I see it. This isn't it in my opinion. I can understand how people would like it but it's not something that would appeal to many I'd imagine. Could be wrong but how and ever.

22 myself!! Seen the webshows. Didn't really like them. Gf loves it so trying to like it. But no just not funny.

Ripped off the idea of trailor park boys and done it badly.

Big pile of sh*te.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Horse_box wrote: »
    I'm a big hardy bucks fan but this TV episode is just ****e!

C'mon lads get the **** back to what made the web episodes so good

^^True Dat!

If anyone hasn't seen the web episodes, definitely check out youtube, they are fooking classic compared to what we just saw on RTE. That was nothing like the bucks I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I'm a first-time viewer who is over 50 and I have had an acutely tuned ****e detector since I was a teenager and this show was utter ****e.

Quick Silver with Bunny Carr would surely be a worse show not to mention Oireachtais Report!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Was that suppose to be comedy?

Desperate housewives saved the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

im a massive fan too, but gonna call it like i see it , that was not great, theyve used many of those jokes before but then many people might not have seen them so i can see the logic in using them, for long time fans though that episode just doesnt compare to the youtude episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

No Lexus or uncle Mick either??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Enjoyed it but yeah something seemed missing from the web episodes which were mostly fantastic. There was too much focus on one character (Eddie) when the best stuff is usually when they are all bouncing off each other.

Wasn't enough Buzz or Boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thought it was quite good myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I think it will get better as it goes on, tonight seemed like an introduction with Eddie also ending back in the lads house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

No Lexus or uncle Mick either??

Hopefully Mick comes back into it, great character :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I just didn't get it. What parts of it were supposed to be funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

It has become a show about squeezing in as many 1-liners as possible. It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek take on life in the Wesht...

Take Eddie out and it's a disaster..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

seriously disappointed was really hoping it would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek take on life in the Wesht...
    Your having a laugh right???
    Life in the "Wesht".........thats about as close to life in the "Wesht" as it is to life on Mars tbh, tongue n cheek or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

anybody know when or if this replays on rte this week? completely forgot about it and missed it, fcuking raging now....

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

What the fu*k was that sh*te? Jesus that was chronic. Can anyone point out what was funny about that, cause I'm fu*ked if I know. I'm finding it hard to decide which is worse; that or Catherine Lynch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

From The worst Irish TV shows EVER!

Irish Independent - Saturday October 28 2006

Going Strong Bunny Carr made his name hosting Quicksilver, a quiz show famous for its poor prizes (they started at one old penny) and poorer answering. Q: "What was Ghandi's first name? A: "Goosey-Goosey." Q: "What was Hitler's first name?" A: "Heil!"! The musical clues of organist Norman Medcalf have also entered legend. Once, to suggest the answer 'Meath', he played Meet Me In Kentucky.

In 1975, Bunny moved to Going Strong, an afternoon sop to senior citizens which made Quicksilver look like the Apollo 11 moon landing. Going Strong had regular features on knitting, shrubberies and mushy foods; no episode would be complete without an elderly farmer recalling the time he was chased by a bull. The annual highlight was a Grandmother Of The Year pageant.

Lots more here: http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/the-worst-irish-tv-shows-ever-75727.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

No bad....not great. Early days yet.
    RTÉ could at least wait until the series is over before they start pimping the DVD though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

kippy wrote: »
    Your having a laugh right???
    Life in the "Wesht".........thats about as close to life in the "Wesht" as it is to life on Mars tbh, tongue n cheek or not.

:rolleyes:That's my point. It isn't what it was originally meant to be

Advertisement