Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-ordering HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I ordered on 24th with clove. Was told it woul dnot be in the first batch, but would be in the second batch. but that was before this last delay and all the anti-HTC stuff that followed. It's quite possible HTC gave enough units to fulfil all pre-orders? although who knows.
    Expansys UK show 100+ units. all other European Expansys sites show 82? units. all of them. dunno what that means. Anyway, my card was not charged yet, so doubt it will ship tomorrow morning. Unless they authorize the card at 9am. probably be next week.
    but.... I have decided to stick with clove based on that XDA-developers thread I read and some of your comments. Why screw the reseller because HTC are screwing them around. not fair. I'll just wait it out. I emailed HTC again with links to the news stories about them favouring carriers over their loyal users who pre-ordered the unit. bad PR move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I ordered with Handtec on the 6th and my card was charged, but they're only shipping preorders made on or before the 4th tomorrow :(

Ah well. I guess my N95 will have to do a little longer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

mikeruurds wrote: »
    I ordered with Handtec on the 6th and my card was charged, but they're only shipping preorders made on or before the 4th tomorrow :(

Ah well. I guess my N95 will have to do a little longer.

I have an N95 also, it's going to be one hell of an upgrade for us :) I keep checking news everyday in the hope that Clove will get stock earlier!

WE HAVE NOW RECEIVED STOCK OF THE HTC DESIRE. ORDERS WILL START SHIPPING FRIDAY 9TH APRIL. MORE STOCK IS DUE NEXT WEEK. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO SHIP ALL ORDERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

It looks like those who pre-ordered early might have theirs shipped today! Let us know if any of your receive shipment notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Slaanesh wrote: »
    It looks like those who pre-ordered early might have theirs shipped today! Let us know if any of your receive shipment notifications.

I was onto Expansys there they said orders from any UK supplier will only goto UK address till the next shipment because they are drop-shipped? I have no idea what this means.

Could be bull****ting. Said Irish orders will ship at the start of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Not sure if this is the right place to post but Meteor have announced that HTC Desire is coming to the network exclusive to Meteor

https://store.meteor.ie/htc_desire_signup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but Meteor have announced that HTC Desire is coming to the network exclusive to Meteor

https://store.meteor.ie/htc_desire_signup
    Interesting.

Vodafone have also announced it though so it's not exclusive to meteor.

Interesting.

Vodafone have also announced it though so it's not exclusive to meteor.

Yeah I saw it in Vfe's catalog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I was in O2 shop today and was told around 21st of April they will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

how are meteor claiming this as an exclusive then??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Lies and flim flam, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I wonder if three will sell it aswell? Doubt it considering their only Android phone is the Samsung Spica :eek:.

00sully wrote: »
    how are meteor claiming this as an exclusive then??!

They can claim whatever they like! You dont have to believe them! Or else it is exclusive for about 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Asked Meteor and they said that they will have it before vodafone .....
    Could be for a few days ;)

Will Clove deliveries be handed over to An Post?

I ask because I know I won't be at home to accept the delivery but the postman leaves it in the post office across the road. My mate works in the pub and he collects it for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

if you went for the standard air mail option then ye

I think I remember picking that option but then I updated to 3 handsets and I could only choose fedex, damn.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Will Clove deliveries be handed over to An Post?

It was like 5 or 6 euro more for FedEx I think. I would not let An Post handle anything of value for me. Sorry if anyone works for them just my personal experiences. Crushed boxes, stolen items, damaged goods. No thanks.
    FedEx here we go.

Theta wrote: »
    I was onto Expansys there they said orders from any UK supplier will only goto UK address till the next shipment because they are drop-shipped? I have no idea what this means.

Could be bull****ting. Said Irish orders will ship at the start of next week.

Jaysus they havent a clue what they are doing!!!

I just got a shipment notice just there! Its in the post for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

We are pleased to inform you that your order (Ref: CLOVE*********) has been dispatched.

got this at 5:35

Woop woop

• Advertisement

Beno wrote: »

Woop woop

5.24 mine is in Heathrow so hopefully its at least 9 mins ahead of years.

Beno wrote: »

Woop woop

WOOP WOOP! class. :) What day did you order on? I ordered on 24th March. Nothing yet.

I know fedex would probably be better but to get it via An Post suits me personally. I've never had a problem with An Post! Anyway the clove guys got back to me and said they would ship it via Airsure, good service! Dunno if they'll refund me the postage cost though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

100gSoma wrote: »
    WOOP WOOP! class. :) What day did you order on? I ordered on 24th March. Nothing yet.

23rd march with standard delivery, I'm hardly ever home during deliver hours, its just much easier to collect from the depot rather than be at home at the right time.

an post all the way!

Cheers for that Beno. I ordered on the 24th with Clove and they said I might just make the first batch. but doesn't look like it. ah well, should have it by next Friday I hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Christ almighty I wish one of the networks would just give a release date!

At this rate I'm just going to cave and get an iphone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Christ almighty I wish one of the networks would just give a release date!

At this rate I'm just going to cave and get an iphone!

Whoa whoa whoa... lets not do something hasty then regret it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bomber6

Whoa whoa whoa... lets not do something hasty then regret it :p
    LMAO, Pixmania appear to have it in stock. 457ish euro with their discount coupons (17 off all orders over 450 euro). Ordered mine last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 morpheus01

I just noticed that Meteor got rid of their 20 euro bill-pay option. Cheapest is 30 euro now (which includes data). You mightn't even need data if you've wireless at work/home. That's an extra 180 over the course of the contract.

It's more expensive than UK operators. Thinking that it could be a lot cheaper in the long run to just save up and get an unlocked one on Clove. Gona have a hard time explaining 440 quid on a phone to the Mrs tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I've the HTC Hero at the moment and if I was to upgrade my phone for better hardware I think I would go for the Nexus instead of the Desire. The reason being is that HTC are taking 3 months to release 2.1 after Google made it available. HTC Sense is good but not sure if it would be enough for me to stick with HTC when upgrading...as you know when you are into technology you always want the latest release etc asap.

What does everybody else think?...maybe not the best place to post as you are all buying the Desire ;)

Advertisement