Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Brian Mcfadden a huge star in Australia,yet kind of a flop over here ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yeah, just spotted that Mandz, this is the footage.

You think he would be keeping his head down especially after the Tweeting episode... My favourite quotes: "We know he's not a very good singer". "He's know as Mr Delta Goodrem down here." To hear him saying that "I'm not going to listen to that while there are kids in the audience"... Hiding behind "the kids" again, if he cared anything about kids he would have taken the kids from his unstable ex wife. I say fair play to that woman... Yer man Kyle kicked if off with a joke about being a size 24... And if he cant take it then he shouldnt be giving it.

Obnoxious,grandstanding prat..all this bullshiit about "kids in the audience"..ytrying to paint himself out to be a man of the people and a caring father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Degsy wrote: »
    .all this bullshiit about "kids in the audience"..
    That was my point as well. "kids in the audience" sounds like something his PR guy thought up to justify his own childish behaviour.

That was my point as well. "kids in the audience" sounds like something his PR guy thought up to justify his own childish behaviour.

And he did the whole thing without a trace of humour or style..turning round to the audience behind him reminded me of a kid in school slagging somebody off then looking around to see who's laughing...very unprofessional.
    He's a long way from being ready for television,Simon Cowell he is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

He's an A1 tosser. He's so concerned about kids in the audience and he couldnt be bothered much with his own. Brian McFatten what a gobs**te. I hope he stays in Australia forever, Ireland couldn't deal with another talentless, egotistical a**hole, that loves talking about themselves.... we've already got Ronan Keating.

purpur1 wrote: »
    He's an A1 tosser. He's so concerned about kids in the audience and he couldnt be bothered much with his own. Brian McFatten what a gobs**te. I hope he stays in Australia forever, Ireland couldn't deal with another talentless, egotistical a**hole, that loves talking about themselves.... we've already got Ronan Keating.

Anybody see the pic of Ronan Keating in today's metroherald?
    Got a bit of a combover going on..wont be long before he's wearing an Elton John racoon hat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

I would go so far as to call him a Big Chinned Prat without a hint of begrudgery about it..the bloke is a tool.

Which one is it? A big-chinned prat or a tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anybody see the pic of Ronan Keating in today's metroherald?
    Got a bit of a combover going on..wont be long before he's wearing an Elton John racoon hat!

link to pic please ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    link to pic please ;)

the-baldy-man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

the-baldy-man.jpg

Rab C Keating?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

20060804_ronan_keating.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,156 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hold on a second, who said he's a huge success over in Australia? Seriously, is someone really trying to spoof me and tell me that Brian "I married Kerry coke Katona" McFadden is a massive star in Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

lol, I cant believe half the peeps on this thread seem to believe what tabloid rags.

Ooh ooh The Sun said bleh bleh bleh about an Irish guy havin some moderate success down under...I guess it's completley true then...

everyone knows everything bout everyone these days...:rolleyes:

Einstein wrote: »
    lol, I cant believe half the peeps on this thread seem to believe what tabloid rags.

Ooh ooh The Sun said bleh bleh bleh about an Irish guy havin some moderate success down under...I guess it's completley true then...

everyone knows everything bout everyone these days...:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that there would be a string of defamation actions against the tabloids if all of the tabloid spoutings were a pack of lies.:P

lucozader wrote: »
    20060804_ronan_keating.jpg

Thats an old pic..check him out now
    big-pictures_t_ronan-keating-going-bald-2108b.jpg

aleqm5junuxozrtiwoctrqs.jpg

Here's another view of his combover..as you can see its not even stuck down properly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This just in... People age :eek:

:rolleyes:

xzanti wrote: »

Real celebrities can afford paintings like Dorian Gray, and lesser celebrities go for cosmetic surgery. The cheapskates go for comb-overs.:D

xzanti wrote: »

True..i'm getting thin myself but people in thier 30's dont get combovers..especially millionaires like Keating..Not only is he vain he's tightfisted too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

walshb wrote: »
    Hold on a second, who said he's a huge success over in Australia? Seriously, is someone really trying to spoof me and tell me that Brian "I married Kerry coke Katona" McFadden is a massive star in Oz?

He is actually, his new single went Platinum and was number one in their charts for three weeks. He's going for an electronic/autotuned kinda sound, although the new album is embarrassingly called "Wall of Soundz". He's definitely doing well for himself. Personally I think he's a sound enough bloke, or at least he comes across that way in interviews and his missus is stunning - classic Irish begrudgery?

classic Irish begrudgery?

No, I am merely wondering if the stories of his "success" are really all that?

BTW, his relationship with Delta is more a PR and business relationship for both.

I would be highly surprised if it genuinely lasts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No, I am merely wondering if the stories of his "success" are really all that?

BTW, his relationship with Delta is more a PR and business relationship for both.

I would be highly surprised if it genuinely lasts.

You do really have three or four talking points which you recycle in every thread.

rovert wrote: »
    You do really have three or four talking points which you recycle in every thread.

So me and you are more alike than you think then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So me and you are more alike than you think then.

More A material here.

You proved my point re: the talking points when you went back to the milking thing in the other thread.

rovert wrote: »
    More A material here.

You proved my point re: the talking points when you went back to the milking thing in the other thread.

It obviously irks you then. My suggestion would be to ignore walshb posts.
    Just a suggestion, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

He is actually, his new single went Platinum and was number one in their charts for three weeks. He's going for an electronic/autotuned kinda sound, although the new album is embarrassingly called "Wall of Soundz". He's definitely doing well for himself. Personally I think he's a sound enough bloke, or at least he comes across that way in interviews and his missus is stunning - classic Irish begrudgery?

I wonder why they asked Ronan instead of him to judge the Australian x-factor? I mean he lives there so wouldn't it have been handier and cheaper to ask him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

greenie wrote: »
    I wonder why they asked Ronan instead of him to judge the Australian x-factor? I mean he lives there so wouldn't it have been handier and cheaper to ask him?

Brian is doing the talent show instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Has got to be his Misses

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Walshb and Rovert, take it to the Thunderdome or wherever.. I'm getting sick of your handbag slinging in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Had to grab a listen to this new song...ha it's a carbon copy of the "pearl harbour sucks" song from team america.

• Advertisement
Advertisement