Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Brian Mcfadden a huge star in Australia,yet kind of a flop over here ?

Options
  • 17-03-2010 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

mcfaddencrown.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I would assume being with Delta Goodrem has aided his success.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A bit like Prince philip and the Queen, nobody knew who he was until he rode Lizzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Because at the end of the day Aussies are just weird, look for Jedward to go platnium there soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Is he that big over there? Can't stand him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Lets not look a gift horse in the mouth, we should thank the Aussies for taking him far away from our screens.

My only frear is that Australia is not far enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Yeah when I was in Australia he was on the radio all the time. Deltra Goodrem is huge there so I presume it's mainly down to her. They're the golden couple over there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

He's a prize tool..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

It's one of the great mysteries of our time along with the question "why are we here?"biggrin.gif Although this question would be easier to find an answer to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

His lyrics are poetic and beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

His lyrics are poetic and beautiful.

Yep see what you mean.;) (i Hope you were being sarcastic!)

"then we'll invite the family round
    and drink some english tea
    then i raise up my finger
    and watch football on tv"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Can't blame him for leaving here really though can you with the attitudes people have against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

What a prat. He left Westlife to spend "more time with his family", then he walked away from his kids to chase some skirt around Oz. That song "Real To Me" is hyporcrisy of the highest order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its not that he is a flop here. He just does more work in Australia is all. I think. Fair play to him for giving it a shot on his own. I actually liked one or two of his songs tbh. Would call meself a fan of his or anything but couldnt be bothered wasting me time giving out about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Ally Dick wrote: »
    What a prat. He left Westlife to spend "more time with his family", then he walked away from his kids to chase some skirt around Oz. That song "Real To Me" is hyporcrisy of the highest order

It's great to see irish begrudgery alive and well and calling a guy who has made a success abroad "a prat"

I'm sure he'd rather be a success in Australia, (population 22 million and a country which celebrates achievement), and a flop in ireland, than a success in ireland (population 4 million and a country where begrudgery rules and achievement is spat upon), and a flop in australia.

Well done to him and continued success!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Could be worse. I go to Poland a lot, and in every shopping centre and on the radio you're subjected to the aural rape that is Ronan Keating.

It's great to see irish begrudgery alive and well and calling a guy who has made a success abroad "a prat"

I'm sure he'd rather be a success in Australia, (population 22 million and a country which celebrates achievement), and a flop in ireland, than a success in ireland (population 4 million and a country where begrudgery rules and achievement is spat upon), and a flop in australia.

Well done to him and continued success!

A success in Australia ? That's nothing to boast about. It's the home of the pub band. He's had one number one with Delta Goodrem and a no 5 album. Hardly stellar. I wish him nothing but bad luck for abandoning his two daughters

A success in Australia ? That's nothing to boast about. It's the home of the pub band. He's had one number one with Delta Goodrem and a no 5 album. Hardly stellar. I wish him nothing but bad luck for abandoning his two daughters

I feel sad for you that you come over as such a begrudger, and hope that you can learn to celebrate success rather than come over as so bitter about someone elses's success.

I feel sad for you that you come over as such a begrudger, and hope that you can learn to celebrate success rather than come over as so bitter about someone elses's success.

His success ? What success ? His career is nose diving in Australia. Look at his last single. It hit no 99 in the charts there. Are you related to him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Marcelproust

His success ? What success ? His career is nose diving in Australia. Look at his last single. It hit no 99 in the charts there. Are you related to him ?

I thought the name of this thread is "Why is Brian Mcfadden a huge star in Australia,yet kind of a flop over here"

Are you saying that anyone who is not a begrudger like you must be related to Brian Mcfadden?

I'd rather be brian Mcfadden and a flop in both australia and ireland rather than someone like you who seems to just get pleasure about being a begrudger.

As much as I think he is a bit of a prat, and his music is ****, he went to Australia because he couldn't get enough work in Ireland. He travels back to see his kids all the time as far as I am aware. Nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned. Your comment on the other hand. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Don't knock begrudgery. It has served us well for many a year

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

As much as I think he is a bit of a prat, and his music is ****, he went to Australia because he couldn't get enough work in Ireland. He travels back to see his kids all the time as far as I am aware. Nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned. Your comment on the other hand. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Delta didn't want to live here, and he knows where his bread's buttered? He probably couldn't get enough work anywhere, let alone here.

Eh lads. We're talking about a millionaire many times over here ! He doesn't need to work. However, he does need to look after his two daughters - which he is not doing if he is living in Australia !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

lucozader wrote: »
    mcfaddencrown.jpg

Disney-Quasimodo-5929.jpg

Eh lads. We're talking about a millionaire many times over here ! He doesn't need to work. However, he does need to look after his two daughters - which he is not doing if he is living in Australia !

It must be great to know best how other people should lead their lives, and not only to be aware of that but to offer, without even waiting to be asked, your advice about how best they should lead their lives.

No doubt you also welcome such advice, with open arms about your own life, when offered it by complete strangers.

It must be great to know best how other people should lead their lives, and not only to be aware of that but to offer, without even waiting to be asked, your advice about how best they should lead their lives.

No doubt you also welcome such advice, with open arms about your own life, when offered it by complete strangers.

He's a big headed celebrity and a lousy father. He deserves to be knocked down off his pedestal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

He's a big headed celebrity and a lousy father. He deserves to be knocked down off his pedestal

I agree. Remember when Ryan Tubridy asked him about his kids on the Late Late? He gave a mealy mouthed answer as to why he was living in Oz when he should be nearer his kids over here. Especially when the mother of those kids can at best be described as unstable!

Koloman wrote: »
    I agree. Remember when Ryan Tubridy asked him about his kids on the Late Late? He gave a mealy mouthed answer as to why he was living in Oz when he should be nearer his kids over here. Especially when the mother of those kids can at best be described as unstable!

What did he say exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If he's as good with money as he is with picking the mother of his children, he must be down to his last twenty Australian Dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

dont you know, it's down under, everythings upside down. Crap in Europe = Aussie gold. He thought he was going to be the robbie williams of West life. "Hey I'm an edgy undiscovered talent who wont be told what to do any longer". He's a dic*head and I loved seeing him squirm when Ryan tubridy asked him "if you care so much about your kids well being, why are you in Australia whilst their mam is doing coke of the living room table". He's got tons of clout if he wants them kids but unfortunately that's not condusive to an aussie pop lifestyle. I'm sure delta whats her name has a lot to do with him not wanting his kids in australia also. personl issues aside, his music is crap fullstop.

Advertisement