Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Brian Mcfadden a huge star in Australia,yet kind of a flop over here ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

From his twitter a few hours ago: "delta and i splitting up? Are you all ****ing crazy. Leave me and my princess alone stupid newspaper peoples"

Just the usual tabloid gossip probably.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ but yet he'll happily do an interview or pictures for said newspapers...if he gets paid. Hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When asked by a Daily Mail reporter what he would do after the split, Brian McFadden said "Do you want fries with that?".

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

why exactly is he a huge star in australia and nearly unheard of here?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

An ex-girlfriend of mine saw him wiping his arse (while standing up) about 15 years ago.

So there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

AARRRGH wrote: »
    An ex-girlfriend of mine saw him wiping his arse (while standing up) about 15 years ago.

So there.

Did she rescue the crisp packet after? Could be worth money now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

xzanti wrote: »
    Did she rescue the crisp packet after? Could be worth money now :pac:

Did this happen to be in a north dublin suburb by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Eh lads. We're talking about a millionaire many times over here ! He doesn't need to work. However, he does need to look after his two daughters - which he is not doing if he is living in Australia !

ALLY DICK you must be related to Kerry Katona!!!!

He's broke... he sponges off Delta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

He's a big blonde ayrian dimwit with no talent of note. Of course he was going to fit right in over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is no.1 in the oz charts now and is planning another duet with Delta yet his kids are living with a junkie and he dont give a f*ck what a f*cking tool of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

There is only one word to describe Brian and Kerry and that word is PATHETIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is no.1 in the oz charts now and is planning another duet with Delta yet his kids are living with a junkie and he dont give a f*ck what a f*cking tool of the highest order

Excuse me sir, could you please direct me to the nearest high horse shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Because we have better taste.

Excuse me sir, could you please direct me to the nearest high horse shop?

2 streets to the right :p

He is a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I'm no Kerry Katona fan but any man who cheats on his wife and then walks out on his young family to parade around on the other side of the world with his new woman goes down in my estimation. And then to publicly slate the mother of his children to the press calling her a "pigface" just proves the tyoe he is. He clearly has no respect for himself, his parents or his children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

To be fair to McFadden, she did absolutely rip him to shreds this week in her interview, saying the kids don't know who he is so I guess he saw red. Unfortunately for him it won't do him any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

He really showed his class the other day referring to the mother of his two children as a 'fat pig-faced bitch' and then saying that she is 'dead' as far as he is concerned.

Doesn't sound like a very nice bloke - I know she is no saint either but his reaction was way way over the top and very very nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

He's an ex-boyband member. So no matter what he does, for the rest of his life, he will never be respected. He chose to be a sell-out playing gigs in front of teenie-boppers for a quick buck. He's also talentless and an ugly mo-fo too. I just don't understand where people like him get the neck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Anyone else find it weird that if he did get custody of the kids he wants his Mam here in Dublin to look after them. He wouldn't even have them live with him in Australia. Talk about avoiding responsibility. His interview with Tubridy a few months ago was very 'poor me'.

Feel sorry for the kids with those two as parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

kuntboy wrote: »
    He's an ex-boyband member. So no matter what he does, for the rest of his life, he will never be respected. He chose to be a sell-out playing gigs in front of teenie-boppers for a quick buck. He's also talentless and an ugly mo-fo too. I just don't understand where people like him get the neck?

my sentiments exactly Kuntboy, I cant stand that wannabe robbie williams ****head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm no fan whatsoever of manufactured "boybands" and the like...

But.....

Can you honestly say that if you, as an 18 year old were promised the earth, moon and the stars along with a plethora of teen lays and a load of money, that you would say no ?

You would in your fcuk.

Hes the end product of an industry that sucks you up, uses you and ****s you out the other end, leaving a bad smell at the end of it.

He's just a twat, she's under new management and needs the publicity, as does he. Both idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There's an interesting article about McFadden in the Sindo by Eilish O'Hanlon (I think).. After he tweeted "pig faced mole" and other things, she criticized him for dragging things to such a childish level.. and she made the important point that their kids may well have been slagged off in school because of his childish remarks. He's pretty much shot himself in the foot really. I guess there are two questions that I would have to ask about this situation...

1) Why would McFadden move SOOO far away from his kids if they were really his priority? I'm sure he loves his kids but it's a bit much to keep making out that his kids are his priority when he would rather live thousands of miles away from them with his dollybird.
    2) Surely if he REALLY wanted to take custody of the children it would be easy enough for him at this stage, given Kerry's recent "performances" on television, her known addiction problems, and generally providing an unstable home with different partners.. I mean, come on.. Joseph Fritzel would be a better parent than Kerry Katona.

Should be interesting to see how his current custody case works out. As much of an eeeeegit as he is, I think the kids would be better off with him and the neighbours dollybird.

How come Kerry's kids are not taken off her after she admitted doing drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Well he sure showed his true colours down there recently...

"McFadden reportedly abuses contestant

Brian McFadden has caused controversy by reportedly having a fiery exchange with a British contestant on 'Australia's Got Talent'.

The former Westlife singer is a judge on the programme, and it is alleged an argument broke out on the set of the talent show after a 50-year-old mother of two, Anne Ferguson-Howe, completed a comedy routine and was being questioned by the panel of judges.

Ferguson-Howe reportedly commented on another judge's controversial background at which point it is claimed McFadden "pulled his mike off, climbed on stage and very cleverly, without anyone hearing, said: 'Why don't you just **** off back to England,"

Sydney's Daily Telegraph reports Ferguson-Howe as saying: "I'm a thick-skinned woman of 50 who loves a laugh but if it had been a 20-year-old girl the size I am with low self-esteem I think I would have gone home and shot myself."

A spokesperson for Channel 7, which broadcasts the show, said: All contestants who take part in the auditions know what to expect . the exchange was unacceptable and didn't fit with the vibe of the show, so it was deleted."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mandz wrote: »
    Well he sure showed his true colours down there recently...
    Yeah, just spotted that Mandz, this is the footage.

You think he would be keeping his head down especially after the Tweeting episode... My favourite quotes: "We know he's not a very good singer". "He's know as Mr Delta Goodrem down here." To hear him saying that "I'm not going to listen to that while there are kids in the audience"... Hiding behind "the kids" again, if he cared anything about kids he would have taken the kids from his unstable ex wife. I say fair play to that woman... Yer man Kyle kicked if off with a joke about being a size 24... And if he cant take it then he shouldnt be giving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keary79

brian mcfadden has such an ego. i thought he was bigger than westlife..

as for kerry she is trying to get her life together again she had it tough in her early years. hopefully for her and all her kids it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

McFadden and the "comedienne" seemed pretty much on the same delusion level, as neither of them have any talent. The hypocrisy of someone criticising bad language and then telling the person being criticised to fuck off is the act of a simpleton.

Will he come back here when he embarrasses himself out of Australia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

To be honest I don't think Brian Mcfadden did much wrong there, the woman was a typical unfunny comedian who only has a few vulgar jokes and is striving on the media attention.

Advertisement