Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Brian Mcfadden a huge star in Australia,yet kind of a flop over here ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Ally Dick wrote: »
    His success ? What success ? His career is nose diving in Australia. Look at his last single. It hit no 99 in the charts there. Are you related to him ?

Here! Here ! well said! clap clap clap;)

Eh lads. We're talking about a millionaire many times over here ! He doesn't need to work. However, he does need to look after his two daughters - which he is not doing if he is living in Australia !

he's no millionaire according to his last Late late interview. He told ryan tubridy that he'd have to get a job on a building site if he came home here, that's how good his career prospects are in UK/Ireland. I'd say if he has 1 million he's doing well. remember you have to pay child support in accordance to your net worth at the time I'm sure. He's not amking much from album sales I imagine.

What did he say exactly?

youtube it! he gave a sh*t excuse and even needed to bring his mam in for emotional support. he was going mad but tubridy just asked him the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

j1974 wrote: »
    youtube it! he gave a sh*t excuse and even needed to bring his mam in for emotional support. he was going mad but tubridy just asked him the obvious.

I seen it at the time and remember it, I was wondering if you remembered what was actually said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I wish him nothing but bad luck for abandoning his two daughters

Unless you know him personally - or know Kerry personally, you'll never know the full story regarding their marriage, their break-up or the story with their children, so, it's not fact that he abandoned his children - it's tabloid gossip.

In his own words, he went to Australia to get work, because his name was so tainted in Ireland.
    Leaving Westlife clearly didn't do him the favours he thought it would and the press here produced stories that put him out of favour with the Irish public and essentially, ruined any chances he had of a solo career.

I watched the interview he did with Tubridy and I felt sorry for him. If he "abandoned" his children, it was because he had no choice. If he wanted any chance of providing for them, he had to leave the country, because Ireland turned on him.
    Sure, he could have stayed ... but what would he have done? He'd certainly never work in showbiz again. The recession killed off most job prospects. So, the chances are, he would have either ended up on social welfare or in a low paying unskilled job, barely making ends meet (paying for rental of a house, providing funding for two young daughters, paying bills etc) - with the press continually on his back, dragging his name through the dirt even further.

I also feel bad for him because clearly, he hasn't got a good relationship with the mother of his children. As mentioned in the Tubridy interview, all contact between them is done through his mother. Whatever your feelings are about McFadden, that's a very sorry state for anyone to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Unless you know him personally - or know Kerry personally, you'll never know the full story regarding their marriage, their break-up or the story with their children, so, it's not fact that he abandoned his children - it's tabloid gossip.

You are quite right, of course, and i dislike the bullying and intolerant tone of Ally Dick's posts as much as I laugh at his assumption that he "knows" about this guys life.

What he know about is, apparently, what he reads in the tabloids, and it seems to suit his mentality insofar as he likes to choose to believe it all and come here to demonstrate his lack of charity and insight, and to display his love of begrudgery. I have no idea who brian Mcfadden is, or who is wife is, or anything about him apart from that he seems to have been in Westlife.

I also feel bad for him because clearly, he hasn't got a good relationship with the mother of his children. As mentioned in the Tubridy interview, all contact between them is done through his mother. Whatever your feelings are about McFadden, that's a very sorry state for anyone to be in.

While I agree with you that we should feel sympathy for someone in his position, thre appears to be a cadre here who are unable to feel any sympathy for anyone and seen to prefer, instead, to come here and give us all their exciting views about how dreadful everyone is, not realising that they really know nothing about those on which they pontificate beyond what the tabloids tell them, and they haven't yet worked out that the tabloids don't tell the truth about much.

You are quite right, of course, and i dislike the bullying and intolerant tone of Ally Dick's posts as much as I laugh at his assumption that he "knows" about this guys life.

What he know about is, apparently, what he reads in the tabloids, and it seems to suit his mentality insofar as he likes to choose to believe it all and come here to demonstrate his lack of charity and insight, and to display his love of begrudgery. I have no idea who brian Mcfadden is, or who is wife is, or anything about him apart from that he seems to have been in Westlife.

While I agree with you that we should feel sympathy for someone in his position, thre appears to be a cadre here who are unable to feel any sympathy for anyone and seen to prefer, instead, to come here and give us all their exciting views about how dreadful everyone is, not realising that they really know nothing about those on which they pontificate beyond what the tabloids tell them, and they haven't yet worked out that the tabloids don't tell the truth about much.

Sounds like your typical modern day football fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What did he say exactly?

I think he said something like he had to go abroad to find work in order to look after his kids financially, he was clearly very uncomfortable with the question. I thought is was a very good question considering at the time Kerry Katona was clearly not capable of looking after herself never mind their kids.

Tubridy made the point that if it was him he would be straight home to take care of the kids regardless of career, a point that I totally agreed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Tubridy made the point that if it was him he would be straight home to take care of the kids regardless of career, a point that I totally agreed with.

Exactly! When Brian was asked the question about his kids he turned the question back on Tubridy and asked him what would he do and Tubridy said he would do anything to see his kids. Tubs said he would give up his career to see his children. Brian went pretty quiet after that!

There is a small bit about the interview in this article below.

http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2009/sep/06/tubridy-plays-a-blinder-on-late-late-show/

This is the best quote from the article; "He tackled Bryan McFadden on the question everybody was thinking, but nobody has asked before: what is he doing in Australia when his children are in potential peril in the UK?"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You seem to be pontificating that the tabloids don't tell the truth about much, but you can't possibly know this unless you're employed by the tabloids, and have examined each and every piece of information at their disposal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You seem to be pontificating that the tabloids don't tell the truth about much, but you can't possibly know this unless you're employed by the tabloids, and have examined each and every piece of information at their disposal.

Message boards are about expressing opinions, or as you prefer to put it "pontificating".

If your default position is to believe everything you read in the tabloid newspapers, until you have examined each and every piece of information at their disposal, or if you believe no one can have an opinion or view unless they are employed by the tabloids, then thats your opinion and I am sure we can all make up our own minds as to the accuracy of it.

Truth is an interesting concept. If a celebrities PR agent plants a story in the tabloids, is that the truth? I don't read the tabloids largely because it's obvious to anyone of even average intelligence that they are not truthful, and they are also nasty, vicious and unscrupulous, and i choose not to support financially that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Message boards are about expressing opinions, or as you prefer to put it "pontificating".

If your default position is to believe everything you read in the tabloid newspapers, until you have examined each and every piece of information at their disposal, or if you believe no one can have an opinion or view unless they are employed by the tabloids, then thats your opinion and I am sure we can all make up our own minds as to the accuracy of it.

Truth is an interesting concept. If a celebrities PR agent plants a story in the tabloids, is that the truth? I don't read the tabloids largely because it's obvious to anyone of even average intelligence that they are not truthful, and they are also nasty, vicious and unscrupulous, and i choose not to support financially that sort of thing.

I don't think that you understood my post, and you also seem to have forgotten that you initially used the word "pontificating".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭kippy

To be honest that Late Late show interview with Tubs really showed the guy up for what he is. In fairness to Tubs he did push him on the fact that he had pretty much "abandoned" his kids and that if he was serious about them he would work at almost anything to be near them.
    The guy is a Class A toss pot from what I can see, if only for his "fatherly" exploits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭james finn

dont like the guy but i hate his ex more for using kids as a weapon which seems to be the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

The man was delusional to think he'd have a career going on his own, as for marrying Kerry Katona!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭james finn

id say he gets on better in another country because people tend to complain about everyone in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It's great to see irish begrudgery alive and well and calling a guy who has made a success abroad "a prat"

I'm sure he'd rather be a success in Australia, (population 22 million and a country which celebrates achievement), and a flop in ireland, than a success in ireland (population 4 million and a country where begrudgery rules and achievement is spat upon), and a flop in australia.

Well done to him and continued success!

I would go so far as to call him a Big Chinned Prat without a hint of begrudgery about it..the bloke is a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭kippy

james finn wrote: »
    id say he gets on better in another country because people tend to complain about everyone in this country.

I wouldnt say that at all actually.
    The Aussies will (I think they have already) grow tired of him eventually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

He bonked a Limerick stripper....on his STAG night!, he's trash....just like Katona. He's living in Aussie to avoid tax + he dosen't want those kids.

I've no sympathy for any celebs, get a normal job or STFU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Wouldn't have any sympathy for him at all, what's he doing in Australis when his children are in England with their druggie mother? Can't see Delta marrying him either, wouldn't hold my breath, she can only put if off so many times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

Ireland is so small that people are very easily influenced in the media, and peer pressure to like or dislike something because it's the cool thing is an annoying Irish habit. Country is full of bitching...
    The guy can write a catchy tune so has some talent and from what I have seen from him in interviews is very down to earth. We don't know the inns and outs as to why he isn't living near his children but can't be easy with that lunatic ex.

He bonked a Limerick stripper....on his STAG night

I had forgotten that! What a classy guy eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Is he really a big star over there though? I used to work with tons of Aussies & none of then ever heard of him. A few knew him as 'Brian something', the boyfriend of Delta but that's it!
    And I think there's def some lying going on with the kids situation. He claims to be worried & trying hard for years to get custody but...seriously...if he did try that hard I've no doubt the kids would be with him now. Fact is Katona is a mess..she's bi-polar and seems to only take her meds every other day, she's a druggie, she's bankrupt, she's split from her drug pusher husband for about the 20th time, she's in & out of rehab and fat camp and cosmetic surgery clinics...and as well as testimonials from friends and family to back this up, this has ALL been documented on tv. Those kids should have been taken off her a long time ago especially when the video of her SNORTING COCAINE came out. The same cocaine she keeps under the bed within easy access for her kids.
    Now heres the father (in the courts view) a fine upstanding citizen in a stable, loving, drug free relationship desperately wanting (apparently) custody of his kids. What are we missing? What judge decided those kids are better with their mother? I don't get it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

chocgirl wrote: »
    Wouldn't have any sympathy for him at all, what's he doing in Australis when his children are in England with their druggie mother? Can't see Delta marrying him either, wouldn't hold my breath, she can only put if off so many times.

well I have a degree of sympathy but am able to look at the bigger picture-be no harm if you did too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I smell PR guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Now he can go back to his FAAAAAMILY in Dublin coz that's what's "real to him"

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

damn, looks like they broke up

poor delta

• Advertisement

lucozader wrote: »

poor delta

What? Lucky escape more like!

Advertisement