Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Missy L

Hey HKL and Bloor

HKL Glad your first interview went well..they do take about a week to respond so Im sure youll find out soon enough...do keep me posted :)

Bloor..Thanks for the advise I am at some ease at the moment, I remember the first interview being pretty straight forward to but then I also heard some people were offered the job from just first interview. Made me think that maybe they dont think iv answered well enough in the first one so they want to test me again! I know my imagination can run wild haha!

But Thanks guys your advice was much appreciated and shall surely keep you lot posted :)

O.M.G After waiting for 6 months for my second interview I have been offered a job in Bahrain...I really wanted the job in UAE..I dont know I just feel let down and lost...Anyone for Bahrain?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Missy L wrote: »
    Anyone for Bahrain?

*raises hand*

Here the last two years. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hi Thanks for your reply...I was offered Bahrain a place where I didnt even think of lol..I have been hearing alot of negatives about the protests and the place and no one has given me any positives which kind of freaks me out. Can you please tell me about your experience within the country, working environment, accomodation, social life and as a whole...I have got 2 days to sign the contract so in need of serious help... Also I have just read they keep your passport which is kind of scary :( If you have facebook or msn it be great to speak with you direct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Waller07

Hi!
    Has anyone received there airline tickets??
    I got mine today and fly on the 25th August and arrive early hours on the 26th. i was under the impression training started on the 25th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gaff84

Ya Waller, I received my airline tickets today...flying out the same time from dublin...was under the impression we started training on the same day also but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

hey, I recieved my tickets, going to Doha on the 27th, anyone else on that flight? (i had to ask for a later flight though, so i doubt anyone will be)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bloor

On the flight for the 25th like most of the others I think...at least there will be a few of us out there before you anyway!!!

Hey Guys

After waiting 6 months for all the applications and 2 interview processes I have had to decline the offer made to me for Bahrain! I never imagined going Bahrain as I initially applied for UAE! I am very upset that I have had to miss out. They say they will keep my file on system and notify me whenever there is a vacancy in UAE, but lets face it, how realistic is it for someone to get another chance like this :( I had my first interview in Jan, and I knew I was through to the next stage same day, however no one bothered contacting me for second interview even though I tried! Somehow a delay happend with the UK applicants and all the vacancys had pretty much been filled! I wish all you guys the best of luck on your journey and hope it is what you expected and more. Goodluck everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 alimai

Hey, just wondering has anyone going to abu dhabi gotten their flight details yet.....or heard much from their schools...it's been very quiet considering were going in about twenty days or so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SarahOG

Hey :)

Nope haven't heard yet but apparently we will in the next 2 weeks so don't worry :) PM me your facebook page link or something, i've gotten in touch with some people who have taught in Ruwais so if you have any questions i can fill u in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ais24

Hey Guys,

Im heading to Abu Dhabi August 22nd, they sent me my ticket and Visa a couple of days ago. I did email them though about it as was getting abit concerned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gaff84

Hay guys,

Ya, I got my flight tickets about 3 weeks ago, that is for Doha though so I'd say all the schools are different. I would get in contact them though to be sure. We fly out the 25th of August from Dublin, know that there is a lot of Irish on the flight jetting off to Abu Dhabi, Ruwais, Dubai, Doha etc. Most of the people that I have spoken to are flying out at this time. Not long now, looking forward to a bit of sunshine. Even though it is 40 degrees out there, it's still better than what we're getting here at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 seanfada

Hi Guys, is actually 50 degrees today:) Goes beyond the point of noticing it. Make sure to sign up for twitter and follow the tweets for the new teachers. The link will be on the bottom of any email they sent you. the email address is careersgulf@sabis.net

Enjoy the year (or longer) you will have an excellent experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AmyR967

Hi guys,
    Anybody heading to Muscat, Oman? I'm flying out the 22nd from Dublin! It would be great to get in contact with someone. Can't wait! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Karen26

Hi Amy, I am heading over to Muscat teaching in a weeks time... just seen your message, i persume you have it all sorted. However i had to go to the garda station and get the gaurds to type up a character reference and i emailed that along with my garda vetting and they accepted both. Hope this helps. :) I am also flying to Muscat from Dublin on the 22nd ;) You all set?

:D

so relieved to hear of someone else heading to Muscat aswell, I was beginning to get jealous of the big group heading to Doha. ha!
    I think i'm pretty much sorted now anyway, can't wait to get on that plane now.
    Have you taught with Sabis before? An action packed few weeks ahead of us with training starting the 24th ha! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

hey has anyone going to Doha got their visas yet? or an address for where they will be staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emerald86

hey I've been researching SABIS and would really love to apply but cant find out how to anywhere, any help on how to greatly appreciated!:D

Hey Ya i am delighted to no there be someone else at the airport ;) and someone Irish in Muscat ;) Ya tell me about it, everyone going to Doha ;) A well we got lovely area...should be some 10months...roll on the sun ;) 24th, i thought it was 27th. Where is the tanning and sleeping after the flight..I haven't thought with SABIS before, have you? I am all set now, just party sat night and driving up from Clare Monday morning early...so nervous ;)

• Advertisement

oh yeah, had a look at d calender it is the 27th, thats not too bad so. nope, i've never worked for them before, just graduated from Maynooth. Ha, looks like it's going to be a sink or swim scenario. I hope I get the younger kids.
    Muscat looks deadly doesn't it? i want to learn to scuba dive, should be banter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 seanfada

Hi,

I worked for many years with SABIS. You can apply by registering on www.sabiscareers.com

You primary school teaching? I am secondary school, be teaching PE..Should be fun.. bit nervous though.. having going away party tomorrow so that should be fun ;) you all set for flight? I am heading up Monday morning at 5am ;( Be tired!!! Cant wait for the sun though and the Irish parties ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭freckly

This is not supposed to be a weird question but in or around how old are the few heading to Muscat? I would love to go but am worried that I might be a bit old (going 27) Friends of mine worked in a different school there but they arent hiring my subjects and when they were there a few years back the SABIS staff were all straight from uni 22 or 23. Does anybody know if they have people of a similar age this year?

@freckly: i'm 22, i kind of got the impression alot of recent graduates are hired.

@karen: My degree is in English and History but they haven't told me what I'm teaching, I think I might get primary due to lack of experience. Ha, going away party is the right idea! :-) I'm getting my last vaccines tomorrow, disaster leaving everything to the last minute.
    I've just packed lots of linens, plenty of make-up, teabags :-/ .... slightly worried i'm forgetting something important but I'm sure we won't be stuck.
    :) getting excira now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 StepVheN

Hey peoples,I applied and had my second interview by phone only last week it went well and I'm waiting to hear back. Does anyone know how long they take to inform you?, there seems to be a lot of people flying out next week. Also how long do they keep recruiting till?

Hey I am heading to Muscat and i am 26 so i am bit nervous going over at my age, but look why stay in ireland and have no job, when i could be over in the sun getting experience..

Stop i am so tired and sick after party!! ;) good night though... ya all set now, nervous though ha... i prob bump into you at airport or over there when we land whoop whoop ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MommyGypsy

Did any of you actually end up working in the UAE or for SABIS at all? I am looking into applying for 2012 but would like some feedback first?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Waller07

antz182 wrote: »
    hey has anyone going to Doha got their visas yet? or an address for where they will be staying?

Hi!!:):) i got my visa emailed through the other day....have you not received yours yet? you all ready?

Advertisement