Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

adinado wrote: »
    11th of August? :O I thought the flights wouldn't be till around the 20th or so!

Yeah I thought that too. At first they told me around the 12th, then they said the 21st and then it was back to the 10th!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 becksyl89

Hey all,

Got an email today to say that Im going to Dubai on the 19th of August with sabis anyone else going that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piddif

piddif wrote: »
    Guys is it way too late to apply?! Everyone seems to have applied around January-April.

I'll be trying anyway :D

So I sent them my CV and it looks like they are still accepting applications! They have asked me to send an application form and passport etc asap.

I was asked to complete a 2 minute video CV and upload this privately to youtube for the application. Has anyone else done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ash101

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone on this is going to Abu Dhabi Khalifa city A? I'm going by myself..I had a friend going but in the end we got placed separately. I'm still very excited though. Also has anyone been told any more details about flights, accommodation, etc. I haven't been contacted since May..I'm hoping that isn't anything to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mcdbd

Ash101 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone on this is going to Abu Dhabi Khalifa city A? I'm going by myself..I had a friend going but in the end we got placed separately. I'm still very excited though. Also has anyone been told any more details about flights, accommodation, etc. I haven't been contacted since May..I'm hoping that isn't anything to worry about!

I sent off my documents in May. Haven't heard from them since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 873

I emailed the school the other day and I was sent on my ticket and visa! Dublin to Abu Dhabi on the 18th August!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EB1992

hey everyone, I'm going Ruwais in the UAE on the 18th/19th of August! Is anyone else going there too?? Its hit me that I dont know anyone else going there :P
    I'm thinking we should all start a facebook page or add each other or something so we can get to know some other people before we leave! if anyone else is going Ruwais and thinks the same let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Please be more aware of your personal internet safety. Posting your real name is not a very good idea - use the Private Messaging message instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lena84

hi just wondeing how did u go about getting your degree certified. i have it stamped by the college & the dept of foreign affairs but need to get uae embassy to stamp it also. i was told to get uae embassy in london to do this but wondering would the embassy in dublin be ok to insteasd of having to post to london??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimstir

Hiya, I've been following this thread. I'm interested in going teaching to Dubai or somewhere in UAE next year. I'm just wondering is it something that people mainly in their mid twenties do or are any of Yee in yeer thirties?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jane1234

Hi I am wondering the same I am 27 and will be married and 28 when I go perhaps to the Middle East to teach. I am aware that most of you going tend to be nqt/23ish. I would love to go with my partner for a year or two for experience as Im constantly on low hours and no summer pay etc.!!

I'm 30

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

there might be alot of people straight out of college but I know a few people in their late twenties teaching in the UAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1Elainey1

So anyone heading for the International School of Choueifat Manama in Bahrain?

I've been told there are 19 Irish heading out in August.
    I haven't accepted my English Secondary post yet as I want to hear any thoughts from others

I wonder is it safe to head for Bahrain given recent events?
    as I'm going by myself single 26 year old female

I've been researching and cant find many positive reports on Choueifat schools. any reports from people just finished this year?

I'm hemming and hawing but they wont stop ringing the phone, thanks in advance :)

873 wrote: »
    I emailed the school the other day and I was sent on my ticket and visa! Dublin to Abu Dhabi on the 18th August!

Hey 873..I asked what day I was flying out on and they said the 18th but they never sent me my flight details or visa yet..hopefully I get them soon though!Is it the school in Abu Dhabi centre or the school in Khalifa A that you'll be teaching in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 me54

hey, I know this may sound like a silly question but does anyone know if we have to bring linen, bed sheets etc with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Ash101 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Hey Ash,
    I'm also heading to Khalifa City A! I havent heard anything from them since they wanted a copy of my final year results.. have you heard anything about when we're supposed to be flying out? or our accomodation etc?

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Hey Ash,
    I'm also heading to Khalifa City A! I havent heard anything from them since they wanted a copy of my final year results.. have you heard anything about when we're supposed to be flying out? or our accomodation etc?

Heya! No I haven't heard anything since sending over all the documents..I was getting worried. I emailed them alright and they said our flight will be on the 18th of August but they didn't say a time or anything else! I know a girl who taught at the same school were teaching in for 3 years and she said the accommodation is lovely..you share with 1/2 people and its all irish! She's just finished so I'd say its the same accommodation which is just across from the school. Its getting so close now..only 5 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Hey everyone,

So got flight details and fly out on the 18th, was wondering if anyone else is flying out from London Heathrow? Also I was wondering how we can go about getting permission for immediate family member to stay in the accommodation just for settling in purposes?

Does anyone else not find it unsettling we have no idea where were staying?

Alia89 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

So got flight details and fly out on the 18th, was wondering if anyone else is flying out from London Heathrow? Also I was wondering how we can go about getting permission for immediate family member to stay in the accommodation just for settling in purposes?

Does anyone else not find it unsettling we have no idea where were staying?

Find it unsettling not having my residence visa, despite sending my documents over two months ago. They said it would be ready in August. I don't want to organise shots, suitcase, suits et al. until I get the residence visa. The accommodation will be close to the school, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. They're not going to put us up in some dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 maize6

hey guys i am going to dubai on the 19th too starting in sharjah ! has anyone been sent times?
    Also have ye noticed phone number is not working? strange !marie x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfarrell91

maize6 wrote: »
    hey guys i am going to dubai on the 19th too starting in sharjah ! has anyone been sent times?
    Also have ye noticed phone number is not working? strange !marie x
    hey I'm going to sharjah too, haven't got any flight details yet all I know is that I'm flying on the 19th...

I'm pretty sure that there is only one flight from Dublin to Dubai a day so if you check emirates you should find the time!

If you're flying to Abu Dhabi on the 18th, it's with etihad and there are 2 flights that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 maize6

lfarrell91 wrote: »
    hey I'm going to sharjah too, haven't got any flight details yet all I know is that I'm flying on the 19th...

Cool lisa prob see u on the flight ! Exciting where are from......must look up flight times on the website xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 M_2010

Anyone heading to or know anyone going to Bahrain???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeepers90

Hey, has anyone going to Muscat actually recieved their visa and tickets or is it just the flight times that have been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

jeepers90 wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone going to Muscat actually recieved their visa and tickets or is it just the flight times that have been confirmed?

All I got was the flight date & times.

I have'nt gotten any other info yet like where we'll be living or what's the story when we get to the airport like!

Hey guys, I'm going to Al Ain, UAE and have been sent my e-ticket and visa. This is what I got in the email to give those who don't have any details yet some peace of mind! I presume it's a similar procedure where ever you're going!

'When you arrive at Abu Dhabi airport, you need to collect your work visa from the visa collection counter as you enter the immigration hall. Make sure that you get your visa before preceding the immigration counter. After you have had your passport stamped, you can proceed to collect your luggage. Our representative, who will be carrying a signboard with the school name on it, will be waiting at the exit doors to take you to your accommodation.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Hey, I have applied for a position in UAE with uteach and teachaway. They have yet to get back to me on any positions being available for this term coming. Would I be better off contacting the schools directly or is it too late now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jeepers90

All I got was the flight date & times.

I have'nt gotten any other info yet like where we'll be living or what's the story when we get to the airport like!

Oh thankyou thats a relief!Was starting to get a bit worried, hopefully get more information soon then. Cant believe its only a few weeks till were heading off!

Advertisement