Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redstrips

biddy boop wrote: »
    Hey Alia89, Ally_ally and Redstripes any news from your interviews??
    Hi Biddy Boop,

The latest update I received from Sabis was to send on the email addresses of my referees and both have contacted me advising they have returned the questionnaire to them. I have also completed the Garda vetting so I guess the next stage is the face to face interview, Hmmmmmm!

How about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Kohl

ohdatlewis wrote: »
    I am a 4th year student and am going to apply for the SABIS, mainly because I want to get some experience teaching.
    My one concern however is the contract that you must sign for them. Apparently its a 9 month contract and there is no way out of it?
    I would like to do a postgrad course in primary teaching that starts next January. Would I be able to work for SABIS for less than 9 months?
    What happens if i break that contract?

Why not just volunteer in a local school? That's much easier than all the hassle associated with a SABIS application/ move to a new country etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

Kohl wrote: »
    Why not just volunteer in a local school? That's much easier than all the hassle associated with a SABIS application/ move to a new country etc.

Volunteer = no income??
    It's bad enough havin 15% of our population on the dole so I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 biddy boop

Redstrips wrote: »
    biddy boop wrote: »
    Hey Alia89, Ally_ally and Redstripes any news from your interviews??
    Hi Biddy Boop,

The latest update I received from Sabis was to send on the email addresses of my referees and both have contacted me advising they have returned the questionnaire to them. I have also completed the Garda vetting so I guess the next stage is the face to face interview, Hmmmmmm!

How about you?

Wow, well done sounds positive :-)

I have my first interview next week

Have u specified where you'd like to be placed?

Was your phone interviews tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

Hi I'm thinking of applying for this too. Just wondering if its too late? How exactly did you all apply, did you register on sabiscareers.com and apply for positions there? Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement

ohdatlewis wrote: »
    Volunteer = no income??
    It's bad enough havin 15% of our population on the dole so I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

Yes. But I suppose you could work a few days during the week and volunteer the other days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mishmish1

MoogPoo wrote: »
    Hi I'm thinking of applying for this too. Just wondering if its too late? How exactly did you all apply, did you register on sabiscareers.com and apply for positions there? Any help appreciated.

I sent an email to : scooney@sabis.net , and someone got back to me with application procedure details. I think you have a few more weeks left the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

I havent sent on my garda clearance form or vetting yet to them. Does it matter how long it takes to send onto them?

Which garda form did ye guys send onto them? Cause I hear one takes longer than the other to process here?

Thanks!
    :)

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    I havent sent on my garda clearance form or vetting yet to them. Does it matter how long it takes to send onto them?

Which garda form did ye guys send onto them? Cause I hear one takes longer than the other to process here?

Thanks!

That would be the Police Clearance Certificate. You have to take a photocopy of your passport and all the addresses you have lived at in Ireland, and a letter to the superintendent of your region stating why you want the certificate. Its all on Citizens Information. Its on the Garda website too. I think it takes an average of 3 weeks, but I got mine back two days later. Of course I don't have a criminal record and haven't lived at many addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Thanks!
    Hi I just got a data request access form from the garda station and posted it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Hi I just got a data request access form from the garda station and posted it back.[/Quote]

Thanks kohl,

Katy, do u mind me asking if that asking if that takes long to get? I

Hi I just got a data request access form from the garda station and posted it back.

Thanks kohl,

Katy, do u mind me asking if that asking if that takes long to get? I[/QUOTE]

Hi, it just took a around 2 weeks from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

hi just wondering if you can apply if your a final year student. wont graduate till august, must i wait till next year?

I was looking at the "Teaching in Dubai" page on Facebook. They mention that they're starting the first round of interviews. I'm sure people will start hearing or will have already heard from them. I didn't hear anything. hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JezZCaa...X

Hey all,

I had a telephone interview a few weeks ago and I was contacted last week about problems they were having in contacting my references. Did anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone know what dates the face to face interviews are scheduled for?

Thanks!
    Jess

Has anyone heard anything about face to face interviews yet?

Hi guys had 1st phone interview this week
    They mentioned face to face interviews in Dublin &limerick mid-late March
    Regarding references, did u provide email addresses? Did u contact them personally? As far as I can gather, they will be sent a form via email! Bt I've no personal experience of it yet bt i know 1of my referees will keep me updated :-)

Hi all, has anyone heard anything since about when the interviews are taking place? I'm still waiting to hear. Are people on here still having phone interviews? :)

Didn't hear anything yet. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Nope havnt heard anything yet. The last email I got from them was an auto-generated email stating that they've seen my youtube CV video and I can now remove it if I so wish. Did anyone else get such an email?

• Advertisement

I got an email today sayin I have been successful &will soon receive an invitation for a face to face interview. They didnt specify when they will be held. I nvr completed the video cv so I can't comment on that

Hi, got an email today today about interviews but didn't state when they are yet. They also asked me to send on a video cv but I already sent that bk in December. so I'm abit confused.

I didn’t receive any email about the face to face interviews. I guess I haven’t been successful :( shall I email the recruiter? I feel extremely let down.

Or maybe the interviews are for people in Dublin first? I dont know. Is anyone from London applying? If so please let me know if you have heard back from the recruiters about the face to face interviews yet.

Alia89 wrote: »
    Or maybe the interviews are for people in Dublin first? I dont know. Is anyone from London applying? If so please let me know if you have heard back from the recruiters about the face to face interviews yet.

Hi, maybe the interviews are in Ireland first and that's why you haven't heard. I wouldn't feel disappointed about it yet until you know for sure.

I really hope this is the case. Fingers crossed I hear back from them soon :confused:. Good luck for the face to face interviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmatthews12

I had my interview back in late December. Ive sent all my documents in except one...they wouldnt except my degree scrolls in latin, apparently it has to be in English which is bull**** so now ive to fork out another 100e to get them translated and redone...any other Irish people have this issue?

I had my interview back in late December. Ive sent all my documents in except one...they wouldnt except my degree scrolls in latin, apparently it has to be in English which is bull**** so now ive to fork out another 100e to get them translated and redone...any other Irish people have this issue?

If you read down through this thread, I think there are people who had to get their degrees attested or translated. I think all the NUI degree certificates are in Latin as far as I know. Mine's in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmatthews12

lucky you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

Hey I have a face-to-face interview next week? Does anyone have any tips?
    I'm also kind of worried because of all the bad stuff I've read on the internet!!! Anyone have any advice? It would be appreciated!

Advertisement