Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redstrips

Hi All,

I had a telephone interview back in December 22nd to be precise and the interviewer told me over the phone they were happy with my responses and that they will be conducting face to face interviews in Limerick/ Dublin in Feb/ March 2012.

He asked me to do the Garda vetting but when I looked into getting the form was told, there was no such particular form for teaching abroad so I sent away a 'data protection access' form as advised by the lady over the phone.

I emailed them a copy of my degree and passport and advised them about my issue with garda vetting, I am still waiting on their reply though.

Some issues concerning me with Sabis however are the poor pay and on reflection I would only like to go to either Dubai / Abu Dhabi.

Cant help applying all the same I guess.....

Anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 con1920

Hi,
    I spent 6months working for choueifat in Dubai! I am a qualified teacher and my advice is to AVOID it at all costs, there are so much better opportunities out there. I started at the beginning of the school year with seven other teachers two of whom were qualified, one of them left after the first week and the other a few weeks later!! The training we received is totally inadequate and basically consisted of us sitting around for hours on end watching videos of various directors and managers of the company telling us what a great place it is to work! This went on for a whole week, and at the end we were given a quiz to test us!!! We were then each assigned our class for the year I was given grade 1 and we were shown are classroom and meet "our helper" basically classroom assistants that are treated really badly by the school and paid so badly for the amount of work and abuse they receive. We then had to help decorate our classroom, make posters, welcome boards etc all with little or no resources! Then your AQC's would come and check and make sure everything is done to their satisfaction. There was one instance where an AQC ripped down a teacher's welcome board because she didn't think it was good enough, not on when the poor girl spent the last day and half doing it!! They also say that you won't have any contact with parents etc, but that is just unrealistic parents come to the classroom to drop off and pick up the kids everyday and ask you question after question if you say anything they go to the AQC and then the AQC comes back to the teacher and asks "why are you talking to the parents" but it is impossible to not to. If your class is under-performing or a child is in your class then you get hauled into the AQC's office and accused of not doing your job etc, they use intimidation towards you if you are not doing things their way!! They keep your passport for weeks on end which they have no reason to do so basically keeping it just for flight risk. The teacher that left after one week spent two days trying to hers back between meeting with the director and phone calls to people she eventually got it back after many hours of meetings, intimidation, tearful phone calls home, threatening to sue her for breaking her contract. she eventually had to contact a solicitor. The curriculum is also very restricted, you basically just do what your given to teach for the week and make sure every child gets it done and its corrected right to be sent home to the parents. They class size is also very big I had 32 4/5 year old's of various abilities some had poor english, sight problems, reading and writing problems, dyslexia, but the school doesn't recognize any of these problems nor do the parents. Exams every 3/4 weeks (mini leaving cert for 5 year old's) during this week you will have a lot of correcting to do 4 or 5 hours during the night! There is a lot of work that your not aware of so be prepared for that.
    I didn't stay for the last few months, because I didn't like they way I, other members of staff and the students were being treated, I just didn't believe it was a very healthy environment. It is not all bad and I did have the time of my life aswell, I meet friends for life, Traveled a bit saw some amazing places, Sri Lanka, Jordan, Egypt etc. Dubai is cool, lots of things to do, beach, malls cool nightclubs, fairly affordable although if you jam-pack your weekends as much I did you won't have much left over at the end of the month so unless your very disciplined you won't save much! I would go back to Dubai, but if you qualified teacher do your research they are much better schools such as any of the gem schools, raffles, and regent are all worth a look, ones to avoid Sabis, star international and Sheffield school!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

con1920 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I spent 6months working for choueifat in Dubai! I am a qualified teacher and my advice is to AVOID it at all costs, there are so much better opportunities out there. I started at the beginning of the school year with seven other teachers two of whom were qualified, one of them left after the first week and the other a few weeks later!! The training we received is totally inadequate and basically consisted of us sitting around for hours on end watching videos of various directors and managers of the company telling us what a great place it is to work! This went on for a whole week, and at the end we were given a quiz to test us!!! We were then each assigned our class for the year I was given grade 1 and we were shown are classroom and meet "our helper" basically classroom assistants that are treated really badly by the school and paid so badly for the amount of work and abuse they receive. We then had to help decorate our classroom, make posters, welcome boards etc all with little or no resources! Then your AQC's would come and check and make sure everything is done to their satisfaction. There was one instance where an AQC ripped down a teacher's welcome board because she didn't think it was good enough, not on when the poor girl spent the last day and half doing it!! They also say that you won't have any contact with parents etc, but that is just unrealistic parents come to the classroom to drop off and pick up the kids everyday and ask you question after question if you say anything they go to the AQC and then the AQC comes back to the teacher and asks "why are you talking to the parents" but it is impossible to not to. If your class is under-performing or a child is in your class then you get hauled into the AQC's office and accused of not doing your job etc, they use intimidation towards you if you are not doing things their way!! They keep your passport for weeks on end which they have no reason to do so basically keeping it just for flight risk. The teacher that left after one week spent two days trying to hers back between meeting with the director and phone calls to people she eventually got it back after many hours of meetings, intimidation, tearful phone calls home, threatening to sue her for breaking her contract. she eventually had to contact a solicitor. The curriculum is also very restricted, you basically just do what your given to teach for the week and make sure every child gets it done and its corrected right to be sent home to the parents. They class size is also very big I had 32 4/5 year old's of various abilities some had poor english, sight problems, reading and writing problems, dyslexia, but the school doesn't recognize any of these problems nor do the parents. Exams every 3/4 weeks (mini leaving cert for 5 year old's) during this week you will have a lot of correcting to do 4 or 5 hours during the night! There is a lot of work that your not aware of so be prepared for that.
    I didn't stay for the last few months, because I didn't like they way I, other members of staff and the students were being treated, I just didn't believe it was a very healthy environment. It is not all bad and I did have the time of my life aswell, I meet friends for life, Traveled a bit saw some amazing places, Sri Lanka, Jordan, Egypt etc. Dubai is cool, lots of things to do, beach, malls cool nightclubs, fairly affordable although if you jam-pack your weekends as much I did you won't have much left over at the end of the month so unless your very disciplined you won't save much! I would go back to Dubai, but if you qualified teacher do your research they are much better schools such as any of the gem schools, raffles, and regent are all worth a look, ones to avoid Sabis, star international and Sheffield school!

It's good to hear feedback from people who have been out there. The salaries for Sabis/Choueifat seem poor. The cost of living is high in Dubai. I doubt if you would save much. As a cautionary note I note Sabis often advertise under other names...recently in the Indo they were down as School International. There was no name, it was just part of the email address.

Re what you said above about GEMS, I have read mixed reviews online. A lot of the schools seem to have poor staff moral and a lot of testing and paperwork with school management being difficult to deal with.

With various schools there have been issues of passports being withheld so teachers couldn't leave, salary being late and poor accommodation.
    Do your research before you go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Kohl

Hi,

How did the other teachers who started with you (and weren't qualified) get on?

The girls who were not qualified teachers mostly were teaching kindergarten classes so from 3/4 year old's most of them found it hard at the beginning because most of the kids have no english but they pick it up very easily. Some of the kids are still like babies not fully toilet trained etc, but kindergarten teachers all have a helper in the classroom full time to help with things like that! Their workload isn't as much as grade 1 or 2 or the primary school. i know it's a year or two in the difference but the leap in the work they do is huge! Parents are a bit more relaxed with kindergarten to because the kids are smaller and the work isn't that hard once their picking up a few words of english their happy! As are the AQC's as long as the parents are happy and the kids are performing okay. In Dubai the AQC's didn't pay to much attention of kindergarten much I don't know about other sabis schools, they vary at lot for a network of schools that are meant to on the same curriculum. If you really have your heart set on Dubai, go for it, just try and get reassurance from the school that you will have a kindergarten class and that you won't be a supply teacher, basically a substitute teacher, because if you are a supply teacher they can move you to any of their other schools in the UAE if a full time teaching post becomes available there. They kinda forget to mention this to you when you get a position!!! The pay for everyone starting out is 1500 euro if you have a masters I think its 500dirham extra a month like 100 euro extra basically. it's easy enough to live on that. I was living in Bur Dubai bout 30mins drive from the school! Then ders barsha round 10mins from the school and on campus! bit more freedom tho living off campus. I liked living in Bur dubai close to beaches, 10 mins from dubai mall, souks 10 mins away, closer to the airport and the Irish village! It is far away form from the lake tower areas and the marina area bout half an hour in taxi but der cheap so not a problem really! you just really need to block work out at the weekends, very easy to do every weekend ders something to do or go to. I know my friends out at the mo have calvin harris and snow partol concert coming up at Atlantis! and for midterm their are going to Kenya on safari and this weekend skydiving over the palm! Not a bad way to spend your weekend and holidays!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mishmish1

Was wondering if anyone might know more about the SABIS PGCE option. Are course fees covered by SABIS? Presumably can't apply for the distance PGCE until actually get the job first? How does it work?

Mishmish1 wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone might know more about the SABIS PGCE option. Are course fees covered by SABIS? Presumably can't apply for the distance PGCE until actually get the job first? How does it work?

I don't have the Youtube link, but there is a video of a guy talking about SABIS and he mentions the opportunity for employees to do a PGCE. Hope that helps. I think its with the University of Sunderland, if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Kohl wrote: »
    I don't have the Youtube link, but there is a video of a guy talking about SABIS and he mentions the opportunity for employees to do a PGCE. Hope that helps. I think its with the University of Sunderland, if I recall correctly.
    I am also interested to find out about the PGCE there and if many people working with SABIS apply for this?
    Has anyone on here studied in UAE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mishmish1

Thanks for the reply. I think this is the youtube link;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK606YQWtls

He does mention the PGCE but it's not clear whether it's self funded or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redstrips

Hi,

Thanks for your very detailed feedback Con 1920, you pretty much answered all of my apprehensions so far!

Does anyone have any other schools/ companies in Dubai which may be worth checking out? I have my head set on Dubai or OZ at the mo.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 seanfada

I have spent 15 years working for SABIS in the same school in the UAE. I was an uqualified teacher in Ireland for 7 years with a permanent job in a VEC. I left there on career break and after one year with SABIS I resigned from my post in Ireland as I loved the organised and thorough education offered by SABIS. I know everybody's experience is different and I wish the hundreds of satisfied staff would take time to share their exeriences but unfortunately the internet is usually used by a small amount of people to moan and complain without justification. This move to SABIS was the best decision I made in my life and I would recommend it to any honest, hard working funloving individual who is serious about education, it is not for those loking for a sun holiday for a year. Sometimes, qualified teachers find it difficult to adjust as they have learnt how to teach in one particular country and see that as the only way to teach and are closed minded to the fact that other methods of education exist outside of their country.

PASSPORTS: If you wish to be a resident and hold a visa the school must legally submit your passport to the authorities (IT IS THE SAME FOR FOREIGNERS COMING TO IRELAND) for your visa to be processed, the reality of this is that it can take up to 6 weeks. The school does not need or want your passport, it is illegal and immoral for an employer to keep your passport and in my 15 years I have never seen it happen. Yes, you do sign a contract which is based on the UAE labour law which does contain a breach of contract clause as set out by the Ministry of labour, it is not the school. People do not realise that when they abscond they leave children without a teacher and teachers must be hired internationally which takes a period of time. It saddens me to see "qualified teachers" so eager to leave their classes without teachers, it is a clear indication of their true level of professionalism.

Yes there are other schools, but I pose this question, why do I see more and more teachers who left SABIS for other schools returning to SABIS after a year or two with tales of woe from the other schools and realising that "the grass is not always greener on the other side"???????????

MY ADVICE, study all documents, do your research and BEWARE OF CASUAL so called "TEACHERS" who fly in and fly out and are suddenly experts on an educational system that has been around since 1886.

Sean
    Aren't you a recruiter for sabis? If so are you actually teaching?
    If sabis was so good there should be at least some comments to reflect that.

All I can say is it's rather strange that only the 2nd positive comment has been posted so soon after seanfada posted his last comment.
    Anyway if people are going to go with sabis do your research and don't expect anything too much.
    It's a job at the end of the day and the chance to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 minmaguire

Hello all, I have also been teaching with SABIS for the past 6 years. I was recruited as a graduate from UCD as an unqualified teacher, the plan was to stay for one year but I am still here now!
    You are right what you say tiger, most comments are negative on this discussion site, but I would feel only because people only log on when they have something to complain about. If you think about the number of people SABIS employs there are bound to be people who feel that it is not the right place for them. This could be down to location, culture, personality, who knows what. The same way I am sure all the people who worked for microsoft, google or Facebook weren't all superduper happy with their employers!
    There is know doubt that employees are worked hard in SABIS and that a lot is expected of them. An understanding of children, flexibility and a hard work ethic are a must. If you don't have a lot to give, don't apply for the job.
    It is also correct to say that the starting salary is lower than in SOME other schools. however employees are provided with accommodation, bills are paid, flights etc etc. What people who have not worked for any other companies in Dubai don't realise is that SABIS is actually extremely efficient during the Visa process. I have known teachers in other schools who have not had their visa processed after 6 months. There is also never any problem with salaries, employees are always paid on the last day (or a few days before) of the month.
    What also is not mentioned isthat most other schools will ask you to sign a two year contract, this means that even if you leave at the end of the first academic year, you will not recieve government gratuities as you have not completed your contract. SABIS contracts are renewed annually and include a clause for a bonus payment after the two years.
    yes people should think carefully before moving to a new country, where the culture is definitely very different. yes people should consider that they will be away from their family friends for a couple of months and yes people should consider that they will be expected to work for a living.
    In my honest opinon anyone who I have seen leave, has left a) they were homesick or b) they were not prepared to be professional and did not want to work.

P.S i just saw some of the other comments.
    I completed the PGCE here with the University of Sunderland, am in the middle of a Masters in Education ( also with Sunderland) and got married while I was out here!
    PPS the school does not cover the cost of the PGCE employees must cover the cost themselves, however, my director was very supportive in allowing another member of staff to mentor me and in allowing external observers from the university into the classroom.(realistically employees would only be able to start PGCE in their second year, and even then it may be tough and I would recommend waiting until third year,Purely because study and work is VERY difficult!)

As a "so called teacher" I worked very hard for four years to be able to call myself a teacher and get that piece of paper. I chose to terminate my contract with sabis because I was not be treated fairly and with respect. It is not wrong for me to want the best for myself in my career and that's why I choose to leave and get employment in an organisation that would utilize my skills and qualifications to my full ability and also treat me like an employee with fairness and respect. It is not wrong for me to want the best for myself and sabis couldn't /wouldn't do that for me. As for bragging about terminating my contract, I am clearly not and what I post on this discussion board are MY opinions and My experiences. it is quite unfortunate that other contributors feel that it is okay to make assumptions about my professionalism and character!! I am a very open-minded individual and that is the main reason why I applied to sabis to experience a new education system and curriculum and learn from the experience, however the system was not what I had imagined and I didn't believe in it so I choose to leave. I have worked in varies different schools around the world. The sabis system has been around for 125 years and sometimes I felt like I was back in 1886, In MY OPINION sabis is lagging behind in technology, methodology and variety within the classroom. As for people thinking its a holiday and not wanting to work is ridiculous, we were up at 6am in school for 7.30 till 4pm and most nights were spent correcting books and copybooks!
    I totally agree with Tigerandahalf its a job all be it an unchallenged, under paid job, if you want to see a bit of the world then go for it otherwise stay away! As you can see from this tread sabis did not like ANY negative comments and try to discredit people's OWN EXPERIENCE of the organisation unfortunate but that's the way they roll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Hi People,

Just been on twitter and facebook and SABIS has stated that they are getting ready for the face to face interviews in USA, Ireland and UK....I was wondering if anyone's heard from them about an actual set date for a face to face interview? I'm getting a bit anxious as ive had no correspondance regarding a face to face interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 minmaguire

As a "so called teacher" I worked very hard for four years to be able to call myself a teacher and get that piece of paper. I chose to terminate my contract with sabis because I was not be treated fairly and with respect. It is not wrong for me to want the best for myself in my career and that's why I choose to leave and get employment in an organisation that would utilize my skills and qualifications to my full ability and also treat me like an employee with fairness and respect. It is not wrong for me to want the best for myself and sabis couldn't /wouldn't do that for me. As for bragging about terminating my contract, I am clearly not and what I post on this discussion board are MY opinions and My experiences. it is quite unfortunate that other contributors feel that it is okay to make assumptions about my professionalism and character!! I am a very open-minded individual and that is the main reason why I applied to sabis to experience a new education system and curriculum and learn from the experience, however the system was not what I had imagined and I didn't believe in it so I choose to leave. I have worked in varies different schools around the world. The sabis system has been around for 125 years and sometimes I felt like I was back in 1886, In MY OPINION sabis is lagging behind in technology, methodology and variety within the classroom. As for people thinking its a holiday and not wanting to work is ridiculous, we were up at 6am in school for 7.30 till 4pm and most nights were spent correcting books and copybooks!
    I totally agree with Tigerandahalf its a job all be it an unchallenged, under paid job, if you want to see a bit of the world then go for it otherwise stay away! As you can see from this tread sabis did not like ANY negative comments and try to discredit people's OWN EXPERIENCE of the organisation unfortunate but that's the way they roll!!

You have every right to your opinion Con as I do to mine! You are of course free to write what you want, but personally if I was considering applying to SABIS I want like to read some balanced views on the experience and not just from the few who have obviously not enjoyed it.

You say you were with SABIS for 6 months before you left, it is a pity that you felt things were so bad that you could not complete the last 3/4months on the contract( a one year contract only really runs from end of August to end of June) Personally I feel when I sign a contract that I will endeavour to complete the contract even if I dont agree/like the employer on a matter of principle, a contract is a contract.

Secondly you seem to have an issue with the working hours? yes, there are classes from 7.55-4pm but no teacher is teaching for all that time, each teacher is only timetabled for 30 hours a week. Every teacher gets 30 minute coffee break in the morning and at least an hour lunch in the afternoon.
    While staff might have more contact hours with students than in a school in the UK/IRL, they are not expected to have the same intricate lesson plans that teachers are asked to have, and as you know can take many hours to prepare. Also teachers (particularly in Ireland) are expected to volunteer for after school activities with students, whether that be sports, arts, music etc. This is not the case in SABIS schools, when you have finished your last class of the day you are free to leave.
    To bring up correcting copybooks, I don't feel really warrants a response, any teacher in any country and any education system in the world is expected to correct Classwork/Homework/Exams.

Thirdly, you yet again bring up the salary, which you seem to think is inadequate, yet in previous posts, you say you have friends still working in SABIS and go on to list all the fabulous things they are doing in Dubai. Presumably they would not be able to do all these things if the pay was so bad, that they are on the bread line (which is how you make it sound!) It is fair to say that if you travel on all the holidays and go out at the weekends you will be able to live comfortably on the salary, however you may not be able to save very much. If you do not travel on the holidays and are careful with your money then you will be able to save. I would also add that each teacher gets an increment every year. This is performance based and each teacher knows it, the better you do, the more you get!

Fourthly I would make the point that yes it may be possible to go "unchallenged' in the job, if that is what YOU decide. The same way that you can "hide' in any job and remain unchallenged. In education it is possible to push yourself extremely hard and challenge yourself daily no matter what environment you are in, because at the end of the day you are working with students and they are what matter the most. But it all depends on the mindset and motivation of the indivdual.

I would like to point out that I am quite sure that all the points you make, prospective employees are told about / asked about during the application process? I remember "SABIS has its own system of education will you be able to work in that system" and "will you be able to stick to a contract even if you are missing home, do not like the school" I remember these specifically as I was very nervous about the prospect of coming over on my own and didn't really know much about the place.

It is unfortunate that you personally had a bad experience in SABIS, it is also unfortunate that the many people that stay for 2,3,4,5,6,7 or 20 years do not come onto these discussions and give their opinion as to why they are here.( maybe thay are too busy doing all their correcting!!)
    There is no doubt there are many points that each school can improve upon and work on, as is true of any educational institute in the world. I do not jump up and down on the bed every morning because I love my job and can't wait to get to work. but I feel that the positives of coming to work here for 1-2 or more years far outweigh any of the negatives.

Again I am not "SABIS" but have been working here for 6 years and feel that it is only fair that someone comes from the other angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Alia89 wrote: »
    Hi People,

Just been on twitter and facebook and SABIS has stated that they are getting ready for the face to face interviews in USA, Ireland and UK....I was wondering if anyone's heard from them about an actual set date for a face to face interview? I'm getting a bit anxious as ive had no correspondance regarding a face to face interview.

Hi, seen this too. Haven't heard anything yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 biddy boop

Hi Guys,

Im only in the process of fillin out the application form, any tips?...

Seanfada can u advise what they are looking for in a candidate etc

Where is everyone hoping to be located?

what were yur interviews like?

is anyone considering the PGCE with Sunderland while working for Sabis?

Has anyone done the PGCE? If so would u mind advising how much the fees are, i know its self funded. Also how do u think a degree from Sunderland is viewed by potentia employers...

Thanks in advance :)

biddy boop wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone done the PGCE? If so would u mind advising how much the fees are, i know its self funded. Also how do u think a degree from Sunderland is viewed by potentia employers...

I've been doing some research on the PGCE with Sunderland as I am in the process of application to SABIS myself. As far as I can tell, a lot of schools in the UAE seem to be looking for teachers with the PGCE and QTS. I don't think this PGCE offers QTS or would directly qualify a graduate to teach in Britain. I think you have to go down the OTTP route with the British Teaching Development Agency, if you are planning on teaching in Britain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how difficult is it to get a week or so off from teaching with sabis to come back to ireland for a wedding etc?

Has anyone had experience in getting time off to return to ireland?

Thanks for any help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anyone tell me how difficult is it to get a week or so off from teaching with sabis to come back to ireland for a wedding etc?

Has anyone had experience in getting time off to return to ireland?

Thanks for any help! :)

It's tough!!! I was told at interview AND when I arrived over in Al Ain that it wouldn't be allowed. They were so uptight about people leaving on little trips that they even specified whose funerals staff could go home to attend!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

I see, and had you tried to get time off? I wonder would it be possible to get it put in the contract before signing it? As in on the day of the interview?

Hi Guys,

I've been doing some research on the PGCE with Sunderland as I am in the process of application to SABIS myself. As far as I can tell, a lot of schools in the UAE seem to be looking for teachers with the PGCE and QTS. I don't think this PGCE offers QTS or would directly qualify a graduate to teach in Britain. I think you have to go down the OTTP route with the British Teaching Development Agency, if you are planning on teaching in Britain.

Thanks so much for the info, good luck with the application process :-)

Hey Alia89, Ally_ally and Redstripes any news from your interviews??

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    I see, and had you tried to get time off? I wonder would it be possible to get it put in the contract before signing it? As in on the day of the interview?

I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Hey Biddy Boop,

Nope havnt heard anything of the next stages of the interview as of yet, I'm still anxiously waiting to hear something back from them. Have you? Or anyone else heard anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

is everyone just applying to dubai?

the training they give you...how long term is it...like is it any good when you return to ireland to work?

Alia89 wrote: »

Hey Biddy Boop,

Nope havnt heard anything of the next stages of the interview as of yet, I'm still anxiously waiting to hear something back from them. Have you? Or anyone else heard anything back?

Hey, I got a txt from them today askin me to read an email, I'm assuming it's a date for my first phone interview (fingers crossed) my friend has also recently been invited to her first phone interview

So I guess 2nd interviews or face to face interviews won't be organised until they get through all the 1st round applicants

Anxious waitin seems to be a common trend for applicatants based on older posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

I am a 4th year student and am going to apply for the SABIS, mainly because I want to get some experience teaching.
    My one concern however is the contract that you must sign for them. Apparently its a 9 month contract and there is no way out of it?
    I would like to do a postgrad course in primary teaching that starts next January. Would I be able to work for SABIS for less than 9 months?
    What happens if i break that contract?

Advertisement