Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 6x07 - "Dr. Linus" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

eoin wrote: »
    You should at least link to the book, not the pretty crappy film.

Quite right. We are talking about a TV show though :) Thats my excuse anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

mewso wrote: »
    Good but not as good as the fans think Stephen King story - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108941/ - starts well and turns into a silly religious battle.
    Im guessing you've never read the book then?
    There's a graphic novel series based on it running at the moment. It looks really good but I'll probably wait until it is available in a single volume before getting it.

I wish I coudl say the same. I started when it was first released and now im stuck waiting everytime for a new part! Well worth it tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭nc6000

Btw - The Stand references keep building up this season. UnLocke freeing Ben from his shackle is very similar to how Flagg frees Lloyd from prison in The Stand. Lloyd goes on to become Flagg's right hand man. A choice which seemed open to Ben in this episode.

Thanks. I'm reading The Stand at the moment and hadn't got to that part! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The Stand is one of the best books i've read! Could really be made into a mordern day series again! Comics look pretty cool too!

I see FLocke reeling in loyal subjects but punishing them severely when they betray or fail him, jus like Flagg did! Even his encounter with Richard was Flagg esque, he gave him a chance to join him or pay(pretty much)! Jacob aint that pushy which reconfirms to me that hes actually the good guy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Im guessing you've never read the book then?

Not a Stephen King fan really but hey linking to the tv version meant all those who have read it could post in response to me showing that they have read it and how ignorant and uncool I am for not having read it. Always worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

mewso wrote: »
    Not a Stephen King fan really but hey linking to the tv version meant all those who have read it could post in response to me showing that they have read it and how ignorant and uncool I am for not having read it. Always worthwhile.

Your more cool for not reading it! But I woudl definitley tell anyone NOT to watch the tv film its awful!!

Advertisement