Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3 (Pre-Release)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Who likes achievements????????????????

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/achievements/

Sorry too much work to tidy up for copy paste.

Was hoping for a lot better given the ones from beatles and greenday, and the endless setlist isn't tied to a difficulty so is meaningless :mad:

"Beat all of the free downloadable songs for Rock Band." I hope this means new free songs? Don't remember any free songs with Rock Band 1?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Putting the Calibration achievement at 4 points so it wrecks your even number and then putting the register with RB.com achievement at 6 so you'll do that to fix it is an absolute stroke of evil genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Putting the Calibration achievement at 4 points so it wrecks your even number and then putting the register with RB.com achievement at 6 so you'll do that to fix it is an absolute stroke of evil genius :D
    cnuts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

That was the first thing I thought of too, genius idea :D

EDIT: Ugh, pro guitar achievements :( I don't want to buy another peripheral.

That was the first thing I thought of too, genius idea :D

EDIT: Ugh, pro guitar achievements :( I don't want to buy another peripheral.

Looking at the prices for them on amazon is enough to make a grown man weep :(

I'm sticking to my theory of HMV having these slashed by the new year.

I don't play drums enough to warrant the 99GBP this costs
    41jo5syEd1L._SS500_.jpg

• Advertisement

:eek: so awesome. DO WANT. Do they have a price for the fender yet?

:eek: so awesome. DO WANT. Do they have a price for the fender yet?

for the mustang solo no game 124.99 GBP , no listing anywhere for the squire but then they said that wasn't out at launch anyway (hmx fail :eek: ). From earlier articles it was est. @ around 250US which is steep for a squire imo. given the prices vs the keys being new I can see "pro" guitars being an epic fail for them alas and betting we (as in eu) don't see the squire at all.

i won't be getting this game if we dont get the squire! and whatever about paying a chunk of dosh on an actual guitar, i won't be shelling out a hundred quid an instrument on more plastic crap! roll on the january sales!

Adam wrote: »
    i won't be getting this game if we dont get the squire! and whatever about paying a chunk of dosh on an actual guitar, i won't be shelling out a hundred quid an instrument on more plastic crap! roll on the january sales!

I reckon we will get the squire. It's the main selling point of the game, it's gonna be rare but I'm almost certain they'll get it out over here. I'll snap one up as soon as it's released myself. Right now, I'm looking forward to the keys!

calex71 wrote: »
    for the mustang solo no game 124.99 GBP , no listing anywhere for the squire but then they said that wasn't out at launch anyway (hmx fail :eek: ). From earlier articles it was est. @ around 250US which is steep for a squire imo. given the prices vs the keys being new I can see "pro" guitars being an epic fail for them alas and betting we (as in eu) don't see the squire at all.

Tbh, 250US dollars is amazing for a midi guitar. The playability's not going to be great as it's a squier, but even Thomman.de's own brand midi guitar is more expensive than that.

It's expensive if you're only planning to use it with RB, though, I'll admit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Tbh, 250US dollars is amazing for a midi guitar. The playability's not going to be great as it's a squier, but even Thomman.de's own brand midi guitar is more expensive than that.

It's expensive if you're only planning to use it with RB, though, I'll admit.

Gotta disagree. I've played a number of lovely squiers, including my tele. :D I'm not saying it's as good as an American Fender, but it's a lovely guitar.

That said, I hold out exactly no hope for this guitar... What are the pick-ups? Volume/tone pots? Etc... It's not like it's a fully functioning strat with extra midi features. It's a bastardized strat by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just a heads up if it hasn't been mentioned, there is a pre-order bonus in HMV where you get 3 free DLC songs if you pre-order the game. it's going to be €45 which chances are will be the cheapest in-store price for the game. The free songs are:
    Talking Heads – Burning Down the House
    Deftones – My Own Summer
    New Order – Blue Monday

Gotta disagree. I've played a number of lovely squiers, including my tele. :D I'm not saying it's as good as an American Fender, but it's a lovely guitar.

That said, I hold out exactly no hope for this guitar... What are the pick-ups? Volume/tone pots? Etc... It's not like it's a fully functioning strat with extra midi features. It's a bastardized strat by the looks of it.

You don't need pots if you're using it as a MIDI guitar. I wouldn't say the MIDI pickups would be the best quality, but sure, I'm hoping it'll be cheap.

Oh, and I've a squier too and it's a fantastic guitar for what I paid for it, but most guitars I've played have been nicer than it.

You don't need pots if you're using it as a MIDI guitar. I wouldn't say the MIDI pickups would be the best quality, but sure, I'm hoping it'll be cheap.

Oh, and I've a squier too and it's a fantastic guitar for what I paid for it, but most guitars I've played have been nicer than it.

A fair point, but HMX are really pushing the fact that you can plug this into an amp, etc.

As for Squires, bang for your buck I always found them miles ahead of Epiphone guitars (I've an Epi explorer).

In other news, I'm going to London on Friday for the Eurogamer Expo...

http://twitter.com/Eurogamer_Expo/status/25782010392

Yes, I will be playing Rock Band 3 for the weekend :D

A fair point, but HMX are really pushing the fact that you can plug this into an amp, etc.

As for Squires, bang for your buck I always found them miles ahead of Epiphone guitars (I've an Epi explorer).

:eek:

Would you take some footage or photos for us? That'd be awesome!

you lucky ****

:eek:

Would you take some footage or photos for us? That'd be awesome!

Consider it done. Any requests? I'm really hoping they have Pro Guitar.

Between this and MvC3, it's shaping up to be a great gaming experience.
    Adam wrote: »
    you lucky ****

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

What!? Yay! :D I'm going too but I had no idea Rock Band 3 would be there! I was holding out hope it might be, because it's clearly going to be the highlight (alongside the 3DS, if that's also on show). This is going to be awesome!

I hate both of you equally. Have ye got your names in the player list at the top?

Get out you dirty so and so's and never come back :P

On a more practical note be sure to wear large conspicuous trench coats with over sized pockets sown into the lining, I guarantee when you get there you will know exactly why you are wearing them and that crazy old man calex is not so crazy after all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I have now! I'll try to take photos and videos at the expo too by the way, in the hopes that it might quell your wrath. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

More news on the DLC front: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/29/all-rock-band-3-dlc-to-include-pro-keyboard-and-drums-pro-gui/

to summarise, ALL DLC will have pro mode drums and keys at the regular price and pro guitar content will be $1 extra (so 80MSP i guess), which i presume will be possible to addon at a later stage if wanted. Also not all DLC will even come with a pro mode. In addition, certain earlier DLC will be retrofitted with pro mode although they are having trouble implementing it for people who already own DLC to upgrade at a discounted price

grimm2005 wrote: »
    they are having trouble implementing it for people who already own DLC to upgrade at a discounted price

from the artical
    Apparently, the studio is having trouble making a system that "recognizes people who have already purchased" DLC in order to "be able to supply the updated file at a discount."

Would have thought it was pretty straight forward, I mean as it is if you go to the store it shows purchased beside the songs you own :confused:

Setlist battles http://www.rockband.com/zine/rb3-new-features-setlist-battles

Won't let me embed the video so have a read and scroll down for the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Anyone know if you'll be able to get the Mad Catz MIDI-Pro adapter here? Really want to hook up my real drumkit and play pro drums :D

Anyone know if you'll be able to get the Mad Catz MIDI-Pro adapter here? Really want to hook up my real drumkit and play pro drums :D

I "think" but can't say for sure that the one with the uber cheap portable drums that have been out a while, may already allow you to do that

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100065

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99979

cost of the drums 7.99 on amazon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

In my case I need those 4 points to finally bring my score back in sync after playing Viking, so I'll definitely be avoiding registering:p

tman wrote: »
    In my case I need those 4 points to finally bring my score back in sync after playing Viking, so I'll definitely be avoiding registering:p

Mine is uneven too, but I don't think either of those achievements will fix it. :( Stupid odd numbered achievements!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Mine is uneven too :(

Rhythm games and OCD clearly go hand in hand :P

• Advertisement

Too true. You need that obsessive streak to be good with this kind of game. Same with Fighting games I think :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement