Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3 (Pre-Release)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Looks like the full list of songs has been leaked
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6273988.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B6
    Can't say I'm overly excited by the listing, only bout half the songs would interest me, but thats probably twice as many that I'd play on the new guitar hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Meatwad wrote: »
    Can't say I'm overly excited by the listing, only bout half the songs would interest me, but thats probably twice as many that I'd play on the new guitar hero.

Same as, but I'm not that bothered by it. To be honest had I seen the RB2 before I started to play it, I'd never have played it. Songs I knew and loved were sometimes horrible to play and other's I didn't know or din't have much interest in playing have become my favorites. The did take some that were on GH:WT :mad:

That said I'm glad to see they stole At the Drive-In from GH:WT freaking love that band, and freaking Killing Moon is there :eek: And Mid life crisis :eek: :eek: who didnt love that in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas !!!!!!!!!

Looks a hell of a lot better to me than the GH6 one, they are giving us the Beach Boys !!!!! and finally we get Primus and my favorite song by them no less :) Will be one for expert bass for sure.

Here is the official word from harmonix :D

http://vimeo.com/14293335

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Don't Stand So Close To Me - Win!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

calex71 wrote: »
    Here is the official word from harmonix :D

http://vimeo.com/14293335

Those guys are genuine legends. Seriously.

Also, YOSHIMI BATTLES THE PINK ROBOTS Pt.1. My life is complete :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's about a million times better than the Guitar Hero crap they are putting out this year, that's just painful to look at, let alone playing through it.

It's about a million times better than the Guitar Hero crap they are putting out this year, that's just painful to look at, let alone playing through it.

Good to have you back Jerichoholic. Still playing RB2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm willing to pay up to €400 for the guitar as my current electric sucks. If they don't release them here, I'll import them and do so while muttering curses. Simple :P

They'll release the Pro stuff here; it'd be too much of a waste for them not to. The RB2 stuff wasn't required for any particular gameplay, they were just slight upgrades. The Pro instruments are essential for a huge chunk of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the goods:

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Rock+Band+3/34114189

Just click play all.

A great list imo; what it has above GH: WoR is diversity!

Good Vibrations! AWESOME. Also, Amy Winehouse's Rehab is an odd "lego" style entry. Not bad by any means though!

EDIT: FREE BIRD!!!! ARRRRRRGH :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Good Vibrations! AWESOME. Also, Amy Winehouse's Rehab is an odd "lego" style entry. Not bad by any means though!

EDIT: FREE BIRD!!!! ARRRRRRGH :D:D:D

Rehab despite the singer is musically solid !!!! SOme very good players on that track.

1st thing / New feature I'll use after setting up and having a look is the one that allows you to bury songs so they don't come up in setlists and bite you on the ass. Bye Bye Visions :D

I'll be sstarting with a library of over 600 tracks:eek:

Hey seeing as we have John Lennon am I being to hopeful for a Beatles export?

You're being far too hopeful :P

You're being far too hopeful :P

I know, some of the best songs in RB to be doomed to being played never from their own disc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Meatwad wrote: »

They spelt Devo wrong :pac:

FAITH NO MORE - MIDLIFE CRISIS :eek: :eek: :eek:

FAITH NO MORE - MIDLIFE CRISIS :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know right!!!!!!!!!!!! That drum intro alone (not hard but will be fun to drum) not to mention the keys and vocals being hella fun.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to transfer the songs from rock band 2 into rock band 3 the way you could transfer the songs from rock band 1 into rock band 2? Or even better can you bring all the songs from rock band 1 and 2 into 3?

Also will you be able to buy the keyboard separate cause I don't want to buy another full set?

Thanks

In short, Yes and Yes :P

In short, Yes and Yes :P

Cheers.

Cant wait :D

How are they going to do the RB2 export? Been so long that I don't remember how it was done with RB1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

From what I can remember I think you buy a license for around 800 msp which allows you export the songs. Lego rockband you got a key which allowed you do it , but you still had to pay the msp for the export.

How are they going to do the RB2 export? Been so long that I don't remember how it was done with RB1.

Yes I feel it will be the same way as RB1 export, pop the disc in chose export and pay the 800 or was 400 points, they copped on then that this ment that anyone with rock band 2 and a friend with RB1 could just borrow a disc and rip the songs. It will be the same with RB2 as there is no code for export with it ;)

That said you still need the disc if your xbox dies or you delete the songs. With later games the songs are actually downloaded when you enter the codes as opposed to being ripped from the disc, so you can get some cash back by selling on the game to cover the export license cost. I'm looking at you lego rb / acdc / track pack 2 / green day :D

How does the export work for ACDC... was thinking of picking it up cheap. Is it also 800 points and do I need a new copy of the game? Gonna do Lego Rock Band before 3 hits. Some great songs in there (also some trash).

How does the export work for ACDC... was thinking of picking it up cheap. Is it also 800 points and do I need a new copy of the game? Gonna do Lego Rock Band before 3 hits. Some great songs in there (also some trash).

Hmmm I know ac/cd and track pack 2 both had codes to download the songs contained in them, but I can't swear to not paying to do so. I am 99% sure I didn't have to pay for a license for those, it was part of the cost of the games unlike the other ones lego, green day etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The AC/DC one has a code on the back of the instructions and it downloads them to RB2. Hope its the same with Lego as i have that to import as well.

The AC/DC one has a code on the back of the instructions and it downloads them to RB2. Hope its the same with Lego as i have that to import as well.

Nope, there's an 800 MSP charge for Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Little bit of info on exporting etc here:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/06/rock-band-3-details-rb2-export-confirmed-for-all-consoles-pro/

Unfortunately looks like we'll be missing a couple of songs like with RB1 import (hopefully it's sh!te tracks this time and not good ones like before!). Also goes on to say that pro mode tracks will unfortunately "most likely" be more expensive (although I doubt i'll be venturing into pro mode). Not sure how that will work, will certain tracks be exclusive to pro-mode? or will there be 2 versions of each? Could be very annoying if you decided after downloading a lot that you wanted to start on pro-mode and then finding all your dlc is non-pro mode supported, unless you could possibly "upgrade" your previous dlc to pro-mode rather than buying it again at the higher price? (although this seems unlikely).

On a slightly less interesting note, here's the trailer for the DS version of RB3! http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/07/video-see-rock-band-3-for-ds-in-action/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So very excited for this now, the setlist kicks all kinds of ass. It reeks of glorious 80s keyboard cheddar :D Centrefold! Power of Love! Whip It!

Wonder what kind of prices the keyboard / game prices will go for over here? Have they released official Europe prices? I'd say we'll be looking at between 130-160.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

if they were smart about it they'd do an offer on keyboard+game for around a hundred quid, but greed is fairly prevalent in the industry unfortunately

• Advertisement

€130 would be the low end of the scale for game and KB based on this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Wireless-Keyboard-Software/dp/B00409SOCS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283936112&sr=8-5

The way prices have dropped on this kind of thing in HMV after only a few months makes me think I'll hold off on the keys for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement