Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Whats happens if you go to a WWE TV taping and you have front row tickets on the opposite side of the hard camera but you have an old WWF scratch logo shirt on? + you don't have a jumper or jacket with ya :D

Stupid question but I've always wondered what WWE would do.

most likely you'll be denied entry until you have get another shirt or are re-seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Whats happens if you go to a WWE TV taping and you have front row tickets on the opposite side of the hard camera but you have an old WWF scratch logo shirt on? + you don't have a jumper or jacket with ya :D

I'd say you'd get given one of those generic wwe workmen shirts to put on while it's being taped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I'd say it's no different from brining a sign that they don't want it. You either cover it up or you aren't getting in. Gotta love ROAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

jaykhunter wrote: »
    How many WWE PPVs do we have to pay for per year these days?

There's 13 in total, Sky and WWE agreed that 5 PPV's (the April PPV, June PPV, July PPV, September PPV and last PPV in October) would be shown on Sky Sports/Sky Sports HD in the new contract so there's 8 you pay for on Box Office

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Degag wrote: »
    When did this happen?

you never heard the jericho/goldie story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I got not one, not two, but a whopping THREE questions.

First question, is Maryse any relation to one of The Quebecers - Pierre (Carl Ouellet)?

Second and third questions are Youtube aided-

From this ECW house show - was this John Rocker sign guy planted or real, or in other words, was it a Heyman shoot or scripted?

And was the fan who jumped in the ring after Hogan turned Heel and joined the nWo in 1996 planted or real? Because Kevin Nash's kicks don't look very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Charisteas wrote: »

And was the fan who jumped in the ring after Hogan turned Heel and joined the nWo in 1996 planted or real? Because Kevin Nash's kicks don't look very hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuErl4Hjy-c

I would suspect that this was real. The last thing that you want is to be encouraging fans to jump over the barrier. Nash's 'kicks' are more like pushing movements to try to get the guy out of the ring. Fans jumping into the ring occurred quite often in WCW.

I know it's not related to this but as a general rule usually if the commentators mention it more that once while it's happening and after they've been moved on then it's most likely a plant.

First question, is Maryse any relation to one of The Quebecers - Pierre (Carl Ouellet)?

No, they're not related, they just happen to have the same last name. It doesn't help that they're also both from Montreal, Quebec!

No, they're not related, they just happen to have the same last name. It doesn't help that they're also both from Montreal, Quebec!

Yeah I noticed they were also from the same city. I did google it before I asked here, but I only saw something on wiki answers which isn't always too reliable. I was going to ask if they are father/daughter, but there is only about a 15 year age gap, so I thought maybe uncle or cousin, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What were the original plans for WWF Invasion, before Triple H and Benoit got injured? I would presume Triple H would be in the main event, probably replacing Kane, so what would Kane have done? Or would he have replaced Jericho and have Jericho and Benoit remain the tag champs in a match?

(Sorry, I watched Backlash 2001 - Invasion over the past few days)
    Triple H would have been the one leading team WWF the whole way through. Nothing was really set in stone, and the invasion angle hadnt really gotten into full swing when he was injured so they were able to adjust it pretty easily.
    I remember reading somewhere that Benoit was rumoured to become part of the WCW team, but probably would have fallen to the side for a mid-card feud instead of being on one of the main teams. Couldn't say for sure.
    Kane was always going to be in the main event team because he was paired with Taker and the fans had really gotten behind the two of them when the time came to make the changes to the teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I would assume that you can be ejected for no reason as that's essentially what tickets say these days. You could also be reseated as someone mentioned but they might just blur the logo out like they did at SummerSlam 2009. Todd is interviewing someone in the crowd or something and some bloke appears in shot with an old WWF smoking skull belt and a big shiney smile on his face. On the DVD it's just blurred out but I dunno what the "live" broadcast was like.

Was Vader's blood at In Your House 13 Final Four legit hardway caused by Taker's boot to the chair into Vader's face or was it a bladejob? I could never figure it out on the video.

Also, was Vince's blood at Vengeance 2003 in a match against Zach Gowen hardway? I've rewinded and fast fowarded and paused so much that it's too hard to tell. Vince seems to either grab or touch his head as he's turning over but then you see his hand and there's no blade in it.

mr.mayo wrote: »
    For anyone who remembers "Exposed! The Secrets of Pro Wrestling", can you tell me the names of any of the wrestlers involved, I'm pretty sure Colossus is Golddust but I'm not sure who the rest are, here's a link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03LsMmM0lFs

It wasn't a great doc by any means but it did get its points across, shame they treated it like a conspiracy, seemed very patronising and that's probably why it got such bad reviews

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499206/

All American Boy is Mike Modest who was seen in the fantastic documentary Beyond the Mat.

Gary Wolfe and Anthony Durante were "The Pitbulls" in ECW. I don't know who the others were. You're right, it did seem like a conspiracy as if you were being cheated. You could do a whole thread on it actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty sure Haku was one of them. Skullduggery if I remember correctly

I have a question - why was Kip's name "Kip James" in TNA? He was part of the "james gang" -- yes, ok, from Road Dogg Jesse/Brian James.

In team Angle, did it feature Charlie Angle and Shelton Angle? No! :pac:

So, did Kip marry Road Dogg at some stage and take his name? Effectively becoming the b!tch in the relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

True Legend and along with Austin will always be my favourite wrestlers.

Anyone know where I can get D-Lo Browns' theme music?

Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dtbDublin

I agree, the man was a legend! It's a shame the Droz accident happened as WWE never seemed to build him up after that.

His music is available on WWE Anthology which you can still get in HMV and Tower or online. You can also download the track by itself on itunes, it's on disc 2 of WWE Anthology. It's Track 9- The Real Deal.

Everybody needs to own this and Regal's theme from this set.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Thanks a bunch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This is probably more a question of opinion, but I was reading Power Slam (think it was last months edition, with Batista as the cover story) and they were lamenting WWE's lack of main event stars. It also said that Kurt Angle's contract with TNA was due to expire/be renewed in August.

Did Kurt sign a new contract? What are the chances he would ever wrestle for WWE again?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Considering he is on the tna website listed as one of the main stars coming over for the tour I'd assume he's staying.

• Advertisement

Kurt's at least staying until Bound For Glory but I'd imagine he'll stay for another year.

However, it's very likely he'll do one last stint in WWE for a big paycheque for a last run, and setting up further down the line HoF, best of DVD, legends deal etc

Are Owen and Benoit the only ones to get a tribute show?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Are Owen and Benoit the only ones to get a tribute show?

Eddie got one did he not?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have a question - why was Kip's name "Kip James" in TNA? He was part of the "james gang" -- yes, ok, from Road Dogg Jesse/Brian James.

In team Angle, did it feature Charlie Angle and Shelton Angle? No! :pac:

So, did Kip marry Road Dogg at some stage and take his name? Effectively becoming the b!tch in the relationship?

He took the name Kip James as a showing of respect to BG as part of the never-ending 3LK break up storyline.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Eddie got one did he not?:o

Eddie got two, the Raw and Smackdown :)

I don't remember them too much, they might have even been taped the same night actually. The Raw started with all the wrestlers on the ramp and a 10 bell salute, and the Smackdown started with Batista driving onto the ramp in a low-rider. Both shows featured a few matches, and wrestlers talking about their Eddie memories.

God bless you Eddie. We lie, we cheat, we steal :D

thanks guys. Certainly more than 3 wrestlers have died in the last 11 years! It makes me wonder just who is big enough that they'd have a tribute show for, it's an ongoing disgrace that they won't even have a graphic for people's deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

thanks guys. Certainly more than 3 wrestlers have died in the last 11 years! It makes me wonder just who is big enough that they'd have a tribute show for, it's an ongoing disgrace that they won't even have a graphic for people's deaths.

Think they got the tribute shows because they were under contract and active performers in the WWE when they died. Actually, that leads to another question. Have any others died in the last 11 years while still working for them? So many have died I can't recall :(

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Think they got the tribute shows because they were under contract and active performers in the WWE when they died. Actually, that leads to another question. Have any others died in the last 11 years while still working for them? So many have died I can't recall :(

That's quite a good point. The only one i can think of is Pillman.

Jolt2007 wrote: »

Russ Haas

• Advertisement

Russ Haas

Agreed, but he was still in developmental. I'd think you'd have to be on the main roster to get a mention.

Advertisement