Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nmull

Thought as much, Do you think if anywhere started showing them many would go?

Know a guy who did something for the superbowl and it worked out well with a place in town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

nmull wrote: »
    Thought as much, Do you think if anywhere started showing them many would go?

Know a guy who did something for the superbowl and it worked out well with a place in town

Site's ike Justin.tv were grand for the PPV's until WWE caught on to what was going on and reported the channel for "copyright infringement" or something like that. My best bet for watching PPV's on streams is to look for a sopcast link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nmull

Site's ike Justin.tv were grand for the PPV's until WWE caught on to what was going on and reported the channel for "copyright infringement" or something like that. My best bet for watching PPV's on streams is to look for a sopcast link.

Ye not the same as watching on a big screen though, would you yourself head out if they were showing it in town?

nmull wrote: »
    Ye not the same as watching on a big screen though, would you yourself head out if they were showing it in town?

Depends on the PPV really. For Mania, I definetly would but for something like Fatal4-Way, I'd stay at home and watch it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 WNS

I went to an Orig Williams WWF tribute show when i was a child, there was wrestler there called Legend Of Doom, who was he ?

I think his name was Johnny something ( cant think of his surname ) theres a picture of him in Chris Jerichos book.

• Advertisement

WNS wrote: »
    I went to an Orig Williams WWF tribute show when i was a child, there was wrestler there called Legend Of Doom, who was he ?

I think his name was Johnny something ( cant think of his surname ) theres a picture of him in Chris Jerichos book.

Accor to Jericho's book, his name is Johnny South

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Hey there, anyone has the presale code for august 10th Smackdown tapings @ San Jose? If you know it, please let me know!

Thanks a lot!

Initium wrote: »
    Hey there, anyone has the presale code for august 10th Smackdown tapings @ San Jose? If you know it, please let me know!

Thanks a lot!

From a lot of sites I've just looked up, the presale code for SD should be out sometime today (prob American time) so that'd be this evening our time. If I see anything, I'll let ya know

Thank you very much! Yeah, the presale starts today @ 10:00 AM PDT. I hope I can get it, since I´m going on vacation and will be at day before RAW, and Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Thank you very much! Yeah, the presale starts today @ 10:00 AM PDT. I hope I can get it, since I´m going on vacation and will be at day before RAW, and Summerslam.

Probably too late but it's SUMMERSLAM

• Advertisement

Hey it´s not too late, it´s @ 10:00 but west coast time so I still have a couple of hours! Thanks a lot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hey it´s not too late, it´s @ 10:00 but west coast time so I still have a couple of hours! Thanks a lot!!!

WWEREY aswell apparently

Thanks again! I have just found that one too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Somone mentioned 'the spirit squad' in another thread and I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick summary of their times/achievements in the WWE. (I kinda drifted away from watching WWE at the time :)).

How did their gimmick get over, how long did it last, what caused their downfall and where are they now etc...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Somone mentioned 'the spirit squad' in another thread and I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick summary of their times/achievements in the WWE. (I kinda drifted away from watching WWE at the time :)).

How did their gimmick get over, how long did it last, what caused their downfall and where are they now etc...

well i ll leave the rest for someone else but Nick Nemeth aka Dolph Ziggler came out of the Spirit squad after briefly filling the role of Chavo (kerwin White's caddy) is the obvious stand out that remains despite people talking up Kenny Doane more than any of the others at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I never knew Ziggler came out of the spirit squad :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't watch too much wwe back then myself, but from what I saw, they were Vince's team in a way, they did his dirty work, particularly when it came to dealing with HBK who vince and Shane were feuding with, then the reformation of DX

They held the tag titles, I dunno how many times. But they could contest it under the Freebird rule (any two could defend it).

As BH said, the obvious success story is Dolph Ziggler, who I think was Nicky. Kenny Dykstra also became a solo wrestler but didn't have much luck, even though he was pretty talented. I think he was last seen being tied up and thrown into a van by Jesse and Festus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

^^^

Kenny's been working for Evolve. He had a really good match with Jimmy Jacobs at their first show. Haven't seen him anywhere else though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So with so many stars injured/gone, do WWE's main shows (RAW and Smackdown) have more wrestling content? Has the wrestling gotten better these last two months? (I never catch SD and only catch RAW if it's recommended)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    So with so many stars injured/gone, do WWE's main shows (RAW and Smackdown) have more wrestling content?

Here's the stats for TV wrestling this year, though they're not too useful without being able to compare to previous years but interesting nonetheless. I was shocked to see that iMPACT! has the most wrestling so far: www.pwinsider.com/article/48998/by-the-numbers-looking-back-at-the-week-in-wwe-tna-and-ring-of-honor-tna-impact-passes-wwe-smackdown-for-most-wrestling-will-ring-of-honor-pass-wwe-raw.html?p=1
    Total Wrestling Time (Twenty Weeks)
    TNA Impact: 513 Minutes for 112 Matches
    WWE Smackdown: 512 Minutes for 99 Matches
    WWE Raw: 492 Minutes for 110 Matches (over forty-two hours)
    Ring of Honor: 406 Minutes for 56 Matches (over seventeen weeks)
    WWE Superstars: 391 Minutes for 67 Matches
    WWE NXT: 233 Minutes for 53 Matches
    [Season 2: 62 Minutes for 13 Matches (five weeks)]
    [Season 1: 171 Minutes for 40 Matches (fifteen weeks)]

Hourly Averages
    Ring of Honor: 23.88 Minutes (up from 23.38 Minutes)
    WWE Superstars: 19.55 Minutes (down from 19.68 Minutes)
    TNA Impact: 12.83 Minutes (up from 12.61 Minutes)
    WWE Smackdown: 12.8 Minutes (up from 12.76 Minutes)
    WWE Raw: 11.71 Minutes (down from 11.83 Minutes)
    WWE NXT: 11.65 Minutes (down from 11.68 Minutes)
    [Season 2: 12.4 Minutes (down from 12.75 Minutes)]
    [Season 1: 11.4 Minutes]

Per Match Averages
    Ring of Honor: 7.25 Minutes (up from 7.06 Minutes)
    WWE Superstars: 5.84 Minutes (no change)
    WWE Smackdown: 5.17 Minutes (up from 5.16 Minutes)
    TNA Impact: 4.58 Minutes (up from 4.52 Minutes)
    WWE Raw: 4.47 Minutes (up from 4.46 Minutes)
    WWE NXT: 4.4 Minutes (down from 4.44 Minutes)
    [Season 2: 4.77 Minutes (down from 5.1 Minutes)]
    [Season 1: 4.28 Minutes]

Three Longest Matches
    Davey Richards versus Eddie Edwards: 20 Minutes (ROH April 26)
    American Wolves versus Christopher Daniels and Roderick Strong: 19 Minutes (ROH July 5)
    Sheamus and Edge versus Randy Orton and John Cena: 16 Minutes (Raw June 14)

Shortest Matches
    Rob Terry versus Ken Anderson: 1 minute (Impact February 25)
    David Otunga versus Darren Young: 1 minute (NXT February 23)
    John Cena versus Batista: 1 minute (Raw February 22)
    Jack Swagger versus Santino Marella 1 Minute (Raw March 1)
    Zack Ryder versus Montel Vontavious Porter: 1 Minute (Raw March 1)
    Doug Williams versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute (Impact March 4)
    Evan Bourne versus William Regal: 1 Minute (Raw March 8)
    John Morrison and R Truth versus Big Show and The Miz: 1 Minute (Raw March 8)
    Sting versus Rob Van Dam: 1 Minute (Impact March 8)
    Eric Young versus Sean Waltman: 1 Minute (Impact March 8)
    Cryme Tyme versus David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd: 1 Minute (Smackdown March 12)
    Michelle McCool versus Tiffany: 1 Minute (Smackdown March 12)
    Drew McIntyre versus Aaron Bolo: 1 Minute (Smackdown March 12)
    Skullkrusher Rasche Brown versus Caleb Conley: 1 Minute (Ring of Honor March 8)
    Kelly Kelly versus Maryse: 1 Minute (Raw March 15)
    Angelina Love versus Daffney: 1 Minute (Impact March 15)
    Michelle McCool, Layla, and Maryse versus Gail Kim, Eve Torres, and Beth Phoenix: 1 Minute (Raw March 22)
    Tomko versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute (Impact March 22)
    Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim, Mickie James, and Beth Phoenix versus Michelle McCool, Vickie Guerrero, Layla, Alicia Fox, and Maryse: 1 Minute (Raw March 29)
    Jack Swagger versus Chris Jericho: 1 Minute (Smackdown April 2)
    R Truth and John Morrison versus Cryme Tyme: 1 Minute (Smackdown April 2)
    Dark City Fight Club versus The Set: 1 Minute (ROH April 5)
    Daniel Bryan versus William Regal: 1 Minute (NXT April 13)
    Daniel Bryan versus Skip Sheffield: 1 Minute (NXT April 27)
    Skullkrusher Rasche Brown versus James Stone: 1 Minute (ROH April 26)
    Dolph Ziggler versus Hornswoggle: 1 Minute (Raw April 26)
    Maryse versus Nikki Bella: 1 Minute (Raw May 3)
    Beth Phoenix versus Rosa Mendes: 1 Minute (Superstars May 6)
    R Truth versus William Regal: 1 Minute (Raw May 10)
    Vladimir Kozlov versus Ryan Mitchell: 1 Minute (Superstars May 13)
    Tara versus Taylor Wilde: 1 Minute (Impact May 13)
    Matt Morgan and his voices versus Scott Hall and Kevin Nash: 1 Minute (Impact May 13)
    Chavo Guerrero versus Kane: 1 Minute (Smackdown May 14)
    Vance Archer and Curt Hawkins versus Jeremy Barner and Brent Roberts: 1 Minute (Smackdown May 21)
    Vladimir Kozlov versus Santino Marella: 1 Minute (Superstars May 20)
    Edge versus Undertaker: 1 Minute (Raw May 17)
    David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd versus Vladimir Kozlov and William Regal: 1 Minute (Raw May 24)
    David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd versus Hornswoggle and Great Khali: 1 Minute (Raw June 7)
    Drew McIntyre versus Matt Hardy: 1 Minute (Raw June 7)
    Matt Morgan and Hernandez versus The Band: 1 Minute (Impact June 10)
    Drew McIntyre versus Teddy Long: 1 Minute (Smackdown June 18)
    William Regal versus Santino Marella: 1 Minute (Raw June 14)
    Kelly Kelly versus Rosa Mendes: 1 Minute (WWE Smackdown June 25)
    Natalya versus Tamina: 1 Minute (WWE Raw June 21)
    Vladimir Kozlov versus Santino Marella: 1 Minute (Raw June 28)
    Kane versus Luke Gallows: 1 Minute (Smackdown July 2)
    Alicia Fox versus Eve Torres: 1 Minute (WWE Raw July 5)

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's very helpful!

So what have WWE been doing to try distract people from the lack of stars on both shows?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thanks, that's very helpful!

So what have WWE been doing to try distract people from the lack of stars on both shows?

RAW have done a better job. Bringing in Nexus and creating Cena v Nexus. A locker room split thanks to nexus. Orton v Edge. Also pushing Evan Bourne.
    A mystery GM storyline on the go. I'm not sure RAW are lacking stars when they have Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho.

Crowning two new Champs in Sheamus and Rey.

Smackdown: Pushing Swagger and having Kane look for Takers "Attacker". Not too much else on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Why didn't Goldberg want to wrestle Chris Jericho in WCW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

glenjamin wrote: »
    Why didn't Goldberg want to wrestle Chris Jericho in WCW?

At the time, Goldberg was being pushed to the moon while Jericho was knocking around the midcard. He felt that having a feud with Jericho taken seriously would be a step back for his character.

Also, according to Jericho's book, he wasn't exactly happy with the way Jericho's promos actually managed to make him look a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

geeky wrote: »
    At the time, Goldberg was being pushed to the moon while Jericho was knocking around the midcard. He felt that having a feud with Jericho taken seriously would be a step back for his character.

Also, according to Jericho's book, he wasn't exactly happy with the way Jericho's promos actually managed to make him look a bit ridiculous.

And yet when it came to a shoot fight, jericho OWNED him.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm just wondering if anyone knows is the next WWE ppv Night of Champions on Sky Sports or is it on Sky Box Office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 MegaAwesomeOne

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows is the next WWE ppv Night of Champions on Sky Sports or is it on Sky Box Office.

It's on Sky Sports 1

How many WWE PPVs do we have to pay for per year these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

flahavaj wrote: »
    And yet when it came to a shoot fight, jericho OWNED him.:pac:

When did this happen?

• Advertisement

Whats happens if you go to a WWE TV taping and you have front row tickets on the opposite side of the hard camera but you have an old WWF scratch logo shirt on? + you don't have a jumper or jacket with ya :D

Stupid question but I've always wondered what WWE would do.

Advertisement