Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

As long as you eat potatoes you're fine.
    Excuse me - They're Shpuds :mad::p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Had a nice little job down in Oranmore I was hoping to gain full time work in. Now I've been told I'm over qualified :rolleyes: So much for wanting an education that may get me a well paying job, it now seems that education is getting me turned down for jobs :(

Sure I'm thinking on emigrating myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm in a catch-22 situation. Need the money to leave, but I can't get a job to acquire the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

On my very first day of college my Dad had this to say 'Get your degree and get out, this country is bunched.'

• Advertisement

On my very first day of college my Dad had this to say 'Get your degree and get out, this country is bunched.'

Your dad is a wise man

Bet he don't hear that everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

I ended up removing the fact that I have a Master's from one of my CV types altogether. It worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Asry wrote: »
    I ended up removing the fact that I have a Master's from one of my CV types altogether. It worked.

It'd kill me to have to do that. I worked so hard for my degrees, I'd hate to have to dismiss one for a job.

Having said that if I ever want to be a frontline social worker again after I get my PhD I'll have to remove that. Not quite sure how I could explain 4 years out of the workforce though...

Enrolled in a course . I start Monday :) . Now to asses what route I wanna take after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Enrolled in a course . I start Monday :) . Now to asses what route I wanna take after it
    Ohh good luck! What type of course?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Hehe you said asses :P

congratulations on the new course :)

Hehe you said asses :P

congratulations on the new course :)
    well spotted!

hehe - asses and which 'route' to take :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It'd kill me to have to do that. I worked so hard for my degrees, I'd hate to have to dismiss one for a job.

Having said that if I ever want to be a frontline social worker again after I get my PhD I'll have to remove that. Not quite sure how I could explain 4 years out of the workforce though...

"Volunteering" with a few vague references from a charity shop you did three weekends in and don't answer any other questions about it till you get hired ;)

Aishae wrote: »
    well spotted!

hehe - asses and which 'route' to take :pac:

you're lucky I love you filthy b!tches

Childcare . It's only for the year while I apply for a Visa ;)
    Cannot wait to get out of here :D:D:D

Re: the introduce thread - dublic is a special place for dub lickers to gather anonymously

Re: the introduce thread - dublic is a special place for dub lickers to gather anonymously

I'm intrigued now :D

My mind has been working over time when I read that :P I suppose I am a filthy bítch :D

My mind has been working over time when I read that :P I suppose I am a filthy bítch :D

Im going to have to leave this board before I become a filthy b!tch like you lot :)

I thought you were a filthy bítch already. I must be mistaken :P

I thought you were a filthy bítch already. I must be mistaken :P

terrible the abuse one gets signing up to this forum :D

• Advertisement

I must be mistaken so :) Unless you want to prove otherwise. I wouldn't abuse you in anyway sweetie :P Maybe jsut corrupt you alittle.

Maybe jsut corrupt you alittle.

a little ? my @SS:D

I'm actually quite an innocent individual but my mind is lying in a gutter somewhere, taking swigs of mental vodka and singing filthy songs

I just had a mental image of Aishae as a wino - interesting :P

a little ? my @SS:D

Your right. I'd corrupt you alot. Now what's this about your ass? ;)
    I'm actually quite an innocent individual but my mind is lying in a gutter somewhere, taking swigs of mental vodka and singing filthy songs

Only the gutter. Mine started digging.

Now what's this about your ass? ;)

you'd have to ask my gf;)

And what does she think of it? :P

And what does she think of it? :P

*censored*:D;)

Well I suppose it would be hard for her to let me know if you're sitting on it at the moment :P

• Advertisement

there is a lot to go through to get a visa

Advertisement