Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

were you an ID Nurse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

no, started out as a special needs assistant in schools and then went onto residential and worked as nurses aide for a little while.

was it boring ?working as nurses aide doesn't sound appealing - Paeds nurse would be the only sort of nursing I'd be into . Kids just love me -then again that would probably be my downfall

I think I was at burn out stage by the time I was working with adults, I couldn't hack the 12hr shifts and sometimes the clients weren't always that nice to work with..and could make life unbearable. The shifts were long and boring, spend half of it just waiting around with a beeper for a call to turn someone or change a catheter..and then doing the daily stuff on top of that (dressing feeding etc) I used to love working with kids though and did that for about four years. My own one was young enough at the time (as was I) so I was in a good place for it too and it seemed like second nature working in that kind of environment, the people were nice, the kids were a great laugh and the hours were amazing as it was school term and paid summer holidays :D was nice route to go down and looking back I probably had it too soft because I just couldn't hack working in nursing homes or residential places with adults for long after it.

I did my EMT training and I remember a few of the calls we went out to we were dealing with kids the person supervising me wasnt impressed with my way of distracting the kids. Kids have a better way about them than adults I find .
    Highlight of my training - making someone laugh so much they said I was like a fresh faced Joan rivers or an Ellen .
    My point : I love EMT work

• Advertisement

I'm sure something will turn up soon ;)

only downside was dealing with car crash victims - truly heart breaking at times

my sister wanted to do emt training and that's the first thing I said to her, did she think about what that would be like cause there's no way I could handle that.

Kanoe wrote: »
    my sister wanted to do emt training and that's the first thing I said to her

thats the first thing that got told to me .I did my placement in Cork had to say I had my fair share of car accident calls aswell as cardiac arrests I only cried once - that being said each case is as heart breaking as the next . Bringing people as young as me out of wrecked cars was awful:( - Think by now people would learn about speeding :mad:

just don't forget to look after yourself along the way

• Advertisement

Kanoe wrote: »
    just don't forget to look after yourself along the way

It's hard to think of that when you have someone seriously hurt in front of you relying on your help

God I'm proving too weak :o
    not even a month and shes already got me hot under the collar ;)
    normally I'm known for being "hard" , she's fast becoming my one weakness - not to mention my guilty pleasure:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

God I'm proving too weak :o
    not even a month and shes already got me hot under the collar ;)
    normally I'm known for being "hard" , she's fast becoming my one weakness - not to mention my guilty pleasure:o

come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies-208415.jpg

Now I'm tempted :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

At my age you should know about the perils if going down a slide head first or attempting to climb on the wrong way - my shoulder is paying for it! It was just a laugh before the kids arrived at the party (a friend asked me to paint faces). Bouncy castle as well.

I'm too old for this sh!t ! <- NEVER

Aishae wrote: »
    At my age you should know about the perils if going down a slide head first or attempting to climb on the wrong way - my shoulder is paying for it! It was just a laugh before the kids arrived at the party (a friend asked me to paint faces). Bouncy castle as well.

It sounds like something I've done after a few :D

It sounds like something I've done after a few :D
    If I'd had a drink, I'd have belly flopped on the bouncy castle aswell! Hehe

If I'd had a drink, I'd have belly flopped on the bouncy castle aswell! Hehe
    hehe *sigh* marry me :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I watched All Over Me tonight and liked it so much that I just bought the soundtrack.

^^^ 3 cheers for impulse shopping :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

I watched All Over Me tonight and liked it so much that I just bought the soundtrack.

I have so many soundtracks for shows/movies/games...

Currently listening to the Minecraft one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Unrequited love sucks

Unrequited love sucks

*hugs* It can only get better babes :)

where you been all weekend?

Unrequited love sucks

always

Unrequited love sucks

*hugs* It can only get better babes :)

where you been all weekend?

Thanks. Hate being friends with benefits with someone i really like!

I've been pretty busy this weekend, mostly involving drink :D. Did you have a good one yourself?

Thanks. Hate being friends with benefits with someone i really like!

I've been pretty busy this weekend, mostly involving drink :D. Did you have a good one yourself?

Did you both talk about it or are you assuming?

I had an eventful one
    in the middle of cooking dinner for my other half ,which is not going to great if I might add .

but hey if you need to vent or something pm me anytime :)

Did you both talk about it or are you assuming?

I had an eventful one
    in the middle of cooking dinner for my other half ,which is not going to great if I might add .

but hey if you need to vent or something pm me anytime :)

Thanks mate :)

After I asked her out to dinner (this is after several weekends of staying the night at hers) she said yeah and seemed real up for it. Then she texted me the next day that she really likes me as a friend but isn't looking for anything more at the moment, but that she'd still really like to see me. So we did go on the date anyway....we get on great so I'm not really sure whether we're friends, friends with benefits or dating but just not serious :confused: Like the next time we go out I'm sure I'll end up back at hers..

So not used to dating/relationships of any kind, so I'm not sure where I stand. I guess I was a little naive to think that she might like me and want more than just sex.

If your falling for her then keeping the arrangement is probably not the best idea you could end up hurt :/ - however if it's purely sex (which i get the impression it isn't ) then have fun .

Have to ask yourself if you want to find someone up for something serious or whether your happy as is

Yeah good advice..might wait a bit and see cos she might change her mind. Because (I know this might sound like I'm wishful thinking but I do believe this) I actually think she quite likes me. And she's not the type of person who sleeps around a lot or would have meaningless sex with anybody...so I'm a bit confused! From what she's said, I think because she's new to the whole women thing that she needs to see different girls and get comfortable with the idea of dating.

• Advertisement

its best to know where you stand - so its good advice from WW. even if it turns out not to be what you want, you can move on from that. but being in limbo sucks.......

im on the last 5 episodes of the just between series BandC introduced me to.. great stuff. seriously, any trek fan might enjoy it. even if you arent a trek fan you might enjoy the lady-fancying over/undertones.

and it evolves from the initial series a lot. i love what happened further down the line with the plot.
    i think its turning out to be a far more satisfying conclusion than the actual show gave us (star trek voyager)

Advertisement