Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

You know you've turned into a phone wh,re when you start dreaming about your iphone breaking down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Aishae wrote: »
    You know you've turned into a phone wh,re when you start dreaming about your iphone breaking down

In an 'I want to be free!' way or a 'NOOOOOOOOO!' way?

hare05 wrote: »

In an 'I want to be free!' way or a 'NOOOOOOOOO!' way?
    I dreamt I rang apple as the screen was cracked. They said they'd just send a replacement. So an iPhone 3GS arrives - it's uses too (and mines a 4!) I'm thinking jaysus. But then realise my phone wasn't broken so I have to hide it as there are apple employees sniffing about. Then I go swap phone number with janeway and jump out of a plane, with my iPhone in one hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Then I go swap phone number with janeway and jump out of a plane, with my iPhone in one hand.

BEST. DREAM. EVER.

Also, I am starting to feel controlled by my iphone. I now understand smartphone addiction. I hate it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I choose not to have a smartphone for the moment. While my €40 Samsung piece of crap still works just fine, I see no reason to replace it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

By 12pm Thursday I will have handed my thesis in and be done with university forever. I am both excited and sad. I like academia but I know i'm not cut out for it, but I loved having like-minded friends. Now I feel useless, after four years of university. I'm going to be hammered on Thursday evening though.

I choose not to have a smartphone for the moment. While my €40 Samsung piece of crap still works just fine, I see no reason to replace it. :pac:
    Hehe I barely used my phone at all bafore. But now....
    Been caught by the techie (Trekkie!) monster. <- lol. Predictive text not only recognised Trekkie it capitalised it!

Saw the One Day preview tonight. Not great but not awful. A good night out as it was free. I got to dress up, overindulge in crap and we got coffee after.
    I'll make a point of entering the cinema competitions more - just for the night out:)

Saw a trailer for the debt - wanna see that!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

By 12pm Thursday I will have handed my thesis in and be done with university forever. I am both excited and sad. I like academia but I know i'm not cut out for it, but I loved having like-minded friends. Now I feel useless, after four years of university. I'm going to be hammered on Thursday evening though.

Could have written the same post this time last year (but replace four years with seven... :rolleyes: ) when I handed in my MSc thesis. If there's one thing that doing a masters taught me, it's that I am so not a research person.

Finishing up is such a weird feeling - sad and satisfying at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

I Originally wanted to do medicine

got nowhere near enough points:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

MRI scans are horrible, they take forever

I've had three. I don't mind them too much except for the dye I have to drink before. It's so disgusting. I'd only have had two except last time I didn't drink enough the second time and had to go in again. Also the first time I had one I was really underweight and had severe trouble keeping anything down. I drank the first cup too fast and almost vomited everywhere, I was so worried I'd have to start over.

• Advertisement

I've had three. I don't mind them too much except for the dye I have to drink before. It's so disgusting. I'd only have had two except last time I didn't drink enough the second time and had to go in again. Also the first time I had one I was really underweight and had severe trouble keeping anything down. I drank the first cup too fast and almost vomited everywhere, I was so worried I'd have to start over.

drink??? im lucky ive never had that :/
    ive always had mine injected into the arm or hand - theres about 4 large vials of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I've had something similar. Had the injection instead of the drink. Required a scan on my pelvis. They found a hairline fractor and where was I later that night, at a martial arts class :P

drink??? im lucky ive never had that :/
    ive always had mine injected into the arm or hand - theres about 4 large vials of it

Mine were of my intestine so that's why I had to drink it. First time was only two cups due to me being so thin. Last time I had to drink 'as much as you can' of a jug of it so basically the whole thing. They mix it with mi wadi but it makes no difference.

ah that makes sense - the intravenous option gets it to the brain better....
    sounds disgusting though - ive had some pretty gross drinks but that sounds rancid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Mine were of my intestine so that's why I had to drink it. First time was only two cups due to me being so thin. Last time I had to drink 'as much as you can' of a jug of it so basically the whole thing. They mix it with mi wadi but it makes no difference.
    Barium contrast, it's rather obnoxious alright. First cup full is fine but gets progressively worse after that. I have to drink a liter of it and I swear it gets harder everytime, must be a psychological thing!

stephen_n wrote: »
    Barium contrast, it's rather obnoxious alright. First cup full is fine but gets progressively worse after that. I have to drink a liter of it and I swear it gets harder everytime, must be a psychological thing!

Yup that's the stuff, always forget the name. First time for me as I said was the first since I couldn't keep much down in general. However it's almost impossible to keep drinking after drinking loads already, having had a scan and then told I need to drink more.

My Crohn's is very very mild though and I'm almost completely asymptomatic (why I was getting a MRI actually, to see if there were any signs of inflammation at all) so hopefully a long time before getting another.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yup that's the stuff, always forget the name. First time for me as I said was the first since I couldn't keep much down in general. However it's almost impossible to keep drinking after drinking loads already, having had a scan and then told I need to drink more.

My Crohn's is very very mild though and I'm almost completely asymptomatic (why I was getting a MRI actually, to see if there were any signs of inflammation at all) so hopefully a long time before getting another.

Chron's is fairly rare but on a positive note if you take up smoking dope you have a ready made excuse lol. Good that it's asymptomatic though, only ever met one person with it and it certainly impacted on his life but then again he coped very well with it at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

God i hate my new job :(

be thankful you have one

be thankful you have one

Very helpful

• Advertisement

be thankful you have one
    It's true. But I've found most people hate it when you say it. <- I know from having said it myself.

Is it a part time thing while you study Jaffa? It's harder to stick jobs like that when studying too :\

It's true. But I've found most people hate it when you say it. <- I know from having said it myself.

Is it a part time thing while you study Jaffa? It's harder to stick jobs like that when studying too :\

I just think it's a little unfair and it does annoy me when people say it.

If any of you knew me, you'd know I'm probably one of the most down to earth grateful people there is. I'm grateful to have a roof over my head, food to eat, and getting a good education. Also grateful to have a job. I had one for 5 years before recently being let go earlier this year. I worked damn hard at that job for very little pay and was treated like sh1t by the boss (which is fair enough and I'm not complaining about that job).

When I got let go I didn't laze about and b1tch and moan nor did I go on the dole. I spent every day looking for a new job. Have just started one now and I hate it.

It just annoys me when people say 'you're lucky to have a job' when you complain legitimately about an aspect of it.

It's like someone complaining there's flies in their food and someone responding 'oh be grateful you have food' :rolleyes:

Ah but even legitimate complaints aside I do think it's unfair that you can't occasionally bitch about long hours, feeling too wrecked for work - everyone occasionally bitches in a not-particularly-bitchy way

It's like someone complaining there's flies in their food and someone responding 'oh be grateful you have food' :rolleyes:

I think its more like saying be grateful you have nutritious food

all I meant is there are people who would kill to be in your shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

i'm planing on having a movie night full of chick flicks, i know chick flicks are chessy but i dunno i guess i'm in that kind of mood :P

so which movies are the essentials :P

Was just at the vets getting tinker his first shots when the woman we had seen waiting before us came out of the vets room crying her eyes out - my heart was breaking for her because i recognised that look. We had to put Zac to sleep at aged 6 or so because of liver failure and Brandon at 18 because his body suddenly just gave up. She was heartbroken.

We were speaking to her hubby and he said their dog had bitten the neighbours dog 3 or 4 times and demanded he was PTS. I've seen dilemmas about this kind of thing. If it's a child that was attacked of course he has to be put down but I feel... Not if it bites one dog - it sounded like a territorial dispute or they just couldn't get on and had to be kept separate. So sad though. And I speak as someone who had a dog that kept getting bitten by a neighbours dog that kept getting into our garden - as he was not controlled by his owner. Its not the dogs I really blame in situations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

FFS that's bloody ridiculous. How can they kill something for doing what comes natural to it :confused:

I too had a problem with a neighbours cat attacking one of my cats. I wouldn't dream of ordering it to be put down, and he really went for her. She needed stitches one time.
    He wasn't neutered so we got a trap off the vet and set it in our garden. Caught the little shitebag, got him neutered that night, returned him sackless the next day with our neighbours none the wiser :P End of problem.

I'm actually disgusted by that, yet not surprised. I strongly prefer other animals to people. We're horrible creatures

I was saddened that they didn't consider their options. If they couldn't control her - she was 12 - they could try find a home for her or ask a rescue for help. I'm guessing the neighbour was threatening courts and suing and they panicked. Very sad. But I doubt this is a very uncommon occurance sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Why would somebody do that? People are such creeps, a situation like that can be controlled very easily without bloody well killing anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

arrrgggghhhhh! just cracked a bone in my neck [nothing serious] but so painful

Advertisement