Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

omg that woman tried to kill me.
    jumping up n down in the pool is not for creaky old relics like me - jaysus me lumbago, etc.
    i landed in the pool too hard - i pay 6.50 to be beaten senseless by a floor of tiles

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

OT:

Just finished reading the first 250 chapters of Dragon Ball. I'm now utterly convinced the series went stale once Goku grew up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Would that not be the point, to observe the natural course of a characters life much like the Harry Potter series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Would that not be the point, to observe the natural course of a characters life much like the Harry Potter series.

Well yeah, but it's like the mechanics of the series changed as soon as Raditz arrived with a scouter device (for anyone who's heard the "OVER 9000!" meme, that's what's used). Before that point the series was pure comedy, boss fights were decided in seconds, and Goku was an idiot who didn't know what women were and flew around on a cloud.

Now the battles are several continuous chapters of grunting and firing the same energy ball attack with about 20 different names and no difference in effect.

It is stale before any of the super saiyan crap comes into play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Just came across this
    Zebra Finch male couple who sing to each other. Ahhhh arent they sweet.

_54550095_male-pair.jpg

zebra finches - highly vocal, colourful birds that sing to their mates, a performance thought to strengthen the pair's bond.
    Scientists found that same-sex pairs of finches sang to and preened each other just like heterosexual pairs.
    Same-sex pairs of monogamous birds are just as attached and faithful to each other as those paired with a member of the opposite sex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14479670

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

What a sweet bird :)

Made me think of this little picture for some odd reason.

eaglecat.gif

For the fun of it:

Go to google and enter google gravity then click Im feeling lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

hare05 wrote: »
    OT:

Just finished reading the first 250 chapters of Dragon Ball. I'm now utterly convinced the series went stale once Goku grew up.

I have all of dragonball and dragonball z on anime, not even bothering with gt :P dragonball z has way too much filler and ****e, but if you can see past it it's good :P dragonball is amazing though :D

Get a call today out of the blue. Have temp work down in Oranmore for a few days this week and next as well as a few days next months :D:p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Went hiking up the mountains this morning :) It's so weird having so much free time...so used to working full time during the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

you wont ever catch me hiking ..... the sheer boringness of it is enough for me

Not if you were hiking with me ;) :pac:

I doubt my text-mate would approve ;)

Haha how's that going for you btw?

kissed her recently ;) (told you guys my irresistable charms worked)

now just trying to establish what we are :)

kissed her recently ;) (told you guys my irresistable charms worked)

now just trying to establish what we are :)

Aww that's great! Well you know who to come hiking to if it doesn't work out ;)

Jeezzz good luck wouldn't have gone a miss :D

I said IF...IF it doesn't work out :p :pac:

On a separate note, damn I hate hayfever :mad: Been sneezing all day!

Spent the day in some CPR thing ...... Some people shouldnt attempt CPR ...seriously

Spent the day in some CPR thing ...... Some people shouldnt attempt CPR ...seriously

Ah now, bad CPR is better than no CPR! So I was taught anyway :pac:

Did I read there a few pages ago that you're a paramedic? You'd be the person to ask so - where can you buy those mouth guard thingys for giving CPR?

• Advertisement

Ah now, bad CPR is better than no CPR! So I was taught anyway :pac:

Did I read there a few pages ago that you're a paramedic? You'd be the person to ask so - where can you buy those mouth guard thingys for giving CPR?

There's bad CPR then there's what happened today

She looked like she was bout to swallow the model whole :p

I got mine off the Irish Heart Foundation

Getting a nice piece of lino for Xmas! :PAC:

Ha talk of christmas already :P I nearly had to swallow my heart tody when I was told the building and it contents I'm in charge of mainting as well as IT is woth a fair few million :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Ha talk of christmas already :P I nearly had to swallow my heart tody when I was told the building and it contents I'm in charge of mainting as well as IT is woth a fair few million :eek:

Are you planning on setting fire to the servers?

Well Done to the LC people who got results today .Any around here?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are you planning on setting fire to the servers?

Eh no!!! They're a major multinational IT company and I don't thing I could incur such rath :P

Yep cos I'll be on my travels and I needed flooring so the folks suggested it.

Also won preview tickets to One Day for Tuesday :D

So I'm having to empty the room to get the floor done. It's f'ing impressive how much sh'te I fit in there :o I has skillz

Oh a few million.- are you due a raise!

Aishae wrote: »
    Oh a few million.- are you due a raise!

I wish! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Eh no!!! They're a major multinational IT company and I don't thing I could incur such rath :P

Just tell them Tyler told you that "Only after disaster can we be resurrected". ;)

Advertisement