Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had a few months of nothing but setbacks (injured after Barcelona marathon in March, and missed most of June due to illness) and I've lost so much fitness it's not even funny. I struggled to run 5 miles the other day at my marathon pace from Barcelona. I'm building back slowly though, doing 25-30 miles a week and just hoping that my body doesn't decide to get pissed off at me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I've got runners knee myself, haven't ran in weeks and I was only getting really into the last year or so. I can still feel the stiffness in the knee so looks like I'm gonna have to stay off it for another few weeks :( I hate not being able to run.

But I can still cycle, which was always my first love anyway so that's keeping the cobwebs at bay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I had a few months of nothing but setbacks (injured after Barcelona marathon in March, and missed most of June due to illness) and I've lost so much fitness it's not even funny. I struggled to run 5 miles the other day at my marathon pace from Barcelona. I'm building back slowly though, doing 25-30 miles a week and just hoping that my body doesn't decide to get pissed off at me again.
    I've got runners knee myself, haven't ran in weeks and I was only getting really into the last year or so. I can still feel the stiffness in the knee so looks like I'm gonna have to stay off it for another few weeks :( I hate not being able to run.

But I can still cycle, which was always my first love anyway so that's keeping the cobwebs at bay.

Just to get onto both of ye there. My ankle was still alittle sore for a long time so I decided to hold off so not to aggrovate it. Left a little to long so motivation may be my biggest problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

tHo9K.png

found this on reddit and it made me smile ;)

§Left a little to long so motivation may be my biggest problem.

In that case, HTFU :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

HTFU? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Links234 wrote: »
    tHo9K.png

found this on reddit and it made me smile ;)

The truth of it made me smile

Harden The F*ck Up :)

(video contains lots of swearing)

Harden The F*ck Up :)

Chopper Reid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

It's a slightly impolite way of saying "just grab the bull by the horns"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

hurry the fudge up?

I supposed I'll have to break in my new runners this weekend so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Aqua aerobics is as active as my lazy ass gets - can't keep up with you young uns on land!

Aishae, would you not cycle?

Just picking up from the GAA thread. I'd love to see an LGBT local GAA club. Just for training, playing a few matches and for all round good craic.

That'd actually be a really good idea, or even if someone held an LGBT GAA blitz day where you just made teams on the day and had a bit of craic. Though the night out after that would be dangerously close to a queer version of Coppers! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Just picking up from the GAA thread. I'd love to see an LGBT local GAA club. Just for training, playing a few matches and for all round good craic.

Yeah that would be good craic alright! I like GAA but I've never played it before. Thinking of taking it up!

Yeah a blitz would be fun. I want to take up football aswell. Athlone seems to be in the hole of nowhere and we seem to be swamped with GAA teams. There's atleast 5/10 teams scattered around the 2 counties within a short driving distance of each other.

Nearest club to me before I moved into the city centre was Ballyboden St Endas, that would have been a bit intimidating for adult beginners! :eek:

Yeah that would be good craic alright! I like GAA but I've never played it before. Thinking of taking it up!

played it for years my poor poor legs are suffering now but i loved it all the same

• Advertisement

From all that jumping eh wonder woman! :P Shouldnt have to jump if you can throw a good elbow or clip their heels after they land with the ball :P

Aishae, would you not cycle?

Not since I was a kid! I haven't the balance now. Or the cajones to use stabilisers :D
    Aqua aerobics is the only thing I can manage but it's actually a good work out and keeps me supple, helps my back too. I fell into it on hols last year and kept it up.

I was never sporty

Atleast you enjoy it which is the main thing :)

From all that jumping eh wonder woman! :P Shouldnt have to jump if you can throw a good elbow or clip their heels after they land with the ball :P

Saving peoples lives gave me the hob knobbled legs actually:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Meet the Parents is on RTE now :D

Oh are you a medic :) Did I see that you're possibly a football coach :P There's potential for a boards.ie team right there :pac:

Meet the Parents is on RTE now :D

I prefer little fockers

Atleast you enjoy it which is the main thing :)
    The funny thing is,the class I go to isn't like aerobics in the water. It's like exercises I was taught in the gym I used to go to. With a lot more bouncing around. Which is ok cos if you fall over you'll only drown!
    The class I went to in Spain used foam dumbbells and balls.
    So 'aerobics' sounds a bit Pansy and misleading!

I did a marathon a few years ago - my version of running seems to be everyone else's version of walking slowly though.

I think a LGBT gas club would be a good idea. Inclusive

Oh are you a medic :) Did I see that you're possibly a football coach :P There's potential for a boards.ie team right there :pac:

I actually a paramedic in training but I was talking bout my title as WW

I'm a camogie and football coach

• Advertisement

Well the life of a super hero is tough :)

Advertisement