Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Babybuff wrote: »
    you know when you get bored and you do stupid things?
    Babybuff wrote: »
    Should hopefully have some work in the next few weeks but til then I've a few things planned to keep me occupied. Funnily enough I'm looking forward to the aloneness for a bit, I've really been craving my space for a while and have sort of gone out of my way to try and get it. (I started by telling people to fup off then quit my job. Think I had a mini breakdown.)

Got a start on the hallway yesterday, stripping wallpaper and sanding architrave. managed to take half the plaster off the walls in the process so it's already ended up costing me more money than I have to do it by myself which is typical. Kitchen and living room next and if that's not enough going to start c25k with my sister next week when her kids go back to school. Nicey.

So was quiting the job the stupid thing?

Done that about 5times myself!

Trying to rain in the desire to do so again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

At this moment in time, quiting my job would seem like utter lunacy, given the length of time it took to get my hands on this one in the first place. I have cosidered my own business as I love my own personal me time, but motivation would be a factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

kiwipower wrote: »
    So was quiting the job the stupid thing?

Done that about 5times myself!

Trying to rain in the desire to do so again!
    honestly, no. Well, maybe a little stupid but think it was just time to go. I loved my job but I was getting comfortable and I was lucky enough that something else unexpectedly opened up the day after I quit so I'm kind of looking forward to new challenge. I feel like I've needed to get out of myself and the situation I've been in for a while, just had to get angry enough to want to change first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Oh anger is a great motivator and has certainly got me to this point. If only I had the energy to keep it going.

yep, worn out now too. I don't really like being anrgy but it got the job done.

• Advertisement

Well I'm of the opinion that anger is a good thing when used correctly. Burn out is an absolute crime and I've experienced it more often then I would have liked too. The feelings of exhaustion and apathy can become alittle too much.

I think that I've spent the last few years since I came out trying to keep a healthy balance between friendships and keeping a lot of other people happy and I had fitted into a role that was comfortable for other people, whether it was my job or with folk that I meet generally and I am so tired.
    Last month I changed my hair colour and my best mate made it clear that he preferred the "old" me. I work with him too but it was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done with pleasing other people. The ones who don't like the changes can fup off.
    New job and new people and me being comfortable with who I am is what I'm looking forward to. (coincidentally my family approve much much more)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Christ on a bike some the views are shocking (should have know better thou), anyway not to sure if this is the right place or what ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056601963

Oh the life and times. Like water off a ducks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Chorcai wrote: »
    Christ on a bike some the views are shocking (should have know better thou), anyway not to sure if this is the right place or what ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056601963

Damn you, couldn't resist responding....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

After Hours is where the Irish users of reddit seem to congregate. I avoid it.

Hooligans will masse and they shall rabble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's my birthday on Sunday- I'll be the ripe old age of 24! D:
    I've yet to make plansd though as no-one will tell me if they're throwing a party or not. I don't like surprises.

Happy birthday in advance. I wanted to have a picnic today, you should do that and invite everyone.

The weather's too unpredictable for a picnic, Fluff.
    I'd ideally like to go to the George for some kareoke but aside from the fact that I might cough up a lung in the middle of Like A Virgin, I've still got no idea if my folks already have something planned in advance.
    Will let y'all know if I can make it out. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

I'm really out of it today. Goddamn it brain snap to it for God's sake.

Anyway I came in to say that I want to look like Andrej Pejic. Like as in this is my idealisation of what I could look like. And it's not fair. I look like this in my HEAD. Well. I'm not that hot in my head. But you know what I mean.

Sigh.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jT_Vtxy91nE/Ta-Pmyb-JPI/AAAAAAAAAAg/h9R8ON3833o/s1600/andrej.jpg

Remember when I said it would be lunacy to leave my job all of how many posts ago. Well I just lost my job today. Fúcking figures!!!

Did someone mention Andrej Pejic?!?! *fans self* He is utterly gorgeous!

Remember when I said it would be lunacy to leave my job all of how many posts ago. Well I just lost my job today. Fúcking figures!!!

weird. hope something turns up soon

I know. I couldn't have made such a statement at a worse time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

The afternoon before I lost my job in January I had a chat with a friend about how lucky we were to have jobs and how screwed up the country was.

HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I drove a big van today & I feel really butch :) fecking epic I am so pleased with myself ;) parked it and all

I feel for you, and by laws of Karma feel a bit responsible. Sorry

Ah you don't have to feel responsible. I'm hoping I land on my feet soon enough.

Actually, hold that thought. Think I may have just landed on my feet alright and not even a day in umemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Actually, hold that thought. Think I may have just landed on my feet alright and not even a day in umemployment.

Far better than landing on your ass, so much for Friday the 13th

Not one to wallow in self pity, I had quite a productive day. Ringing prospective employers and a walk around Galway in between. Had 2 phone interviews with guareented call backs.

I'm all fit to scream blue murder. ****ing smokers have taken over the living room, forcing me to stay in my room all night. Then they complain that they never ****ing see me. ARGH! Why can't smoking be made illegal? I want it banned forever. Urgh.
    I need to move out. I don't know how much longer my lungs can put up with the passive smoke. *cries*

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm all fit to scream blue murder. ****ing smokers have taken over the living room, forcing me to stay in my room all night. Then they complain that they never ****ing see me. ARGH! Why can't smoking be made illegal? I want it banned forever. Urgh.
    I need to move out. I don't know how much longer my lungs can put up with the passive smoke. *cries*

Please the government is working on making us (smokers) illegal. But they still want our tax money! They know when they are onto a winner!

Why don't you suggest a compromise Smoke outside or (at a push) the utility? I live with smokers we all smoke outside or in the utility with the door open.

The poor neighbours when we get back from the pub!

• Advertisement

Not one to wallow in self pity, I had quite a productive day. Ringing prospective employers and a walk around Galway in between. Had 2 phone interviews with guareented call backs.

Thats brilliant. I didn't realise earlier that you where also Galway based!
    We should do a Galway Beers Sometime!

Advertisement