Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Whos in school *looks around*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Not me. I'm a big girl now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

apache wrote: »
    awesome!
    how did that go?
    hope you played loads of kd lang and tracy chapman and melissa etheridge with a bit of pink thrown in :P

How did that go? Well it was a nightmare, firstly the guy I work for is an idiot who somehow managed to get it wrong so instead of getting to witness my first gay wedding it was a straight one with a load of coked up arseholes, I even got offered lines in the toilet if I played more dance music. Now I'm first and foremost into dj'ing because I love EDM but being offered drugs as an incentive is something that hasn't happened for a lot of years and I hate cocaine and people on it. Secondly they were the most ignorant money bunch of w*****s I have ever met! The one that summed it up was the guy asking me what sort of efing Dj was I because I didn't know the song taxman, I asked him who it was buy and he said he didn't know, so I asked him what it goes like and he says something like the taxmans taken all my stuff. I said oh you mean sunny afternoon by the kinks, "I don't know your the effing dj" yeah sure I'll just slip it in alongside maniac 2000 which the bride just asked for!

So I still have to wait to see a full gay wedding and now I need to find something to hit very hard to get rid of all the bad thoughts lol

so a good night then yeh?? - I kid !

so a good night then yeh?? - I kid !

Lol I'm sure it was for someone just not me! Doing a gig with 60 kids was so much easier and more fun today lol

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    Lol I'm sure it was for someone just not me! Doing a gig with 60 kids was so much easier and more fun today lol

I am usually great entertainment for kids ! they always try guess how im about to injure myself:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

That's your xmas present sorted so. Any color preference for your new crash helmet?

Not me. I'm a big girl now :pac:

ah so its double digits on the birthday cake or the dress size :p (hope you know im only kidding)

Oooooh a red crash helmet cos im a freakin disaster :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

How did that go? Well it was a nightmare, firstly the guy I work for is an idiot who somehow managed to get it wrong so instead of getting to witness my first gay wedding it was a straight one with a load of coked up arseholes, I even got offered lines in the toilet if I played more dance music. Now I'm first and foremost into dj'ing because I love EDM but being offered drugs as an incentive is something that hasn't happened for a lot of years and I hate cocaine and people on it. Secondly they were the most ignorant money bunch of w*****s I have ever met! The one that summed it up was the guy asking me what sort of efing Dj was I because I didn't know the song taxman, I asked him who it was buy and he said he didn't know, so I asked him what it goes like and he says something like the taxmans taken all my stuff. I said oh you mean sunny afternoon by the kinks, "I don't know your the effing dj" yeah sure I'll just slip it in alongside maniac 2000 which the bride just asked for!

So I still have to wait to see a full gay wedding and now I need to find something to hit very hard to get rid of all the bad thoughts lol
    oh i'm sorry. i just actually logged on here to see how you got on. don't mind them! you said this was your first dj gig? bad crowd!
    don't let that annoy you. sure what would they know coked and hyped up to their eyeballs!
    it was a bad experience but don't let that daunt you. at least the next time will be a breeze compared to that crap ;)
    don't hit the bottle! they sounded like dirt and no reflection on you. i'm sure they would not understand or appreciate music the state they were in.
    your next gig will go better. ;)
    well in fairness it has to. thats character building........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

It is actually Baltic. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RiseToMe wrote: »
    It is actually Baltic. Fact.

My toes went numb while cycling to work this morning. A balmy 2C out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

*makes note to self to buy thermals*

So how the hell is everybody? I've been doing the uk thing yet again with work/study so I've been AWOL!

@apache : not first gig just first wedding gig and the good thing about bad ones is they make you appreciate the good ones more lol

Winter has landed, snow on Kipuir for the first time this year!

Hate freakin snow

Hate freakin snow

Well if you can't stay on your feet in dry conditions snow must be a nightmare alright!

Well if you can't stay on your feet in dry conditions snow must be a nightmare alright!

haha good one !

However non-joking, driving an ambulance is lethal in it

haha good one !

However non-joking, driving an ambulance is lethal in it

Driving anything in it is not fun, I have a rear wheel drive car and spun out twice last year. Driving for a living especially an ambulance must be a complete nightmare when it's like last year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I was doing deliveries last year in the bad weather. I couldn't get enough of driving in it all last christmas. I even went to an isolated abandoned car park to pull a few hand brake turns to get a feel for spinning the car out and getting it back in control. Was nerve wrecking but fun all the same.

BMW's do not like ice and when they go there isn't much you can do to bring them back under control except pray!

1.4 Seat Cordoba Sport with traction :D Works a treat compared to the heap of shít ford I had.

• Advertisement

I could so do with a neck and shoulder rub right nowwwwwww!!!!!! On another note, more interviews. One is with the ESB as a Network Admin, the other, Software Developer working for a company that develops software for traffic management through the use of cameras and reporting systems. :D God I hope one of them works out.

I could so do with a neck and shoulder rub right nowwwwwww!!!!!! On another note, more interviews. One is with the ESB as a Network Admin, the other, Software Developer working for a company that develops software for traffic management through the use of cameras and reporting systems. :D God I hope one of them works out.

Must be a total pain hasn't taken me longer than 2 weeks to find a job in the last 15 years thankfully but I remember that in the early 90's and it was soul destroying going for interview after interview. Something will turn up though as long as you keep turning up, good luck with those 2 though!

Well losing control of a vehicle (especially when someone elses life is at risk) is not all fun n games "/

Well losing control of a vehicle (especially when someone elses life is at risk) is not all fun n games "/

Call me a control freak but loosing control of a vehicle is never fun and games ;)

Call me a control freak but loosing control of a vehicle is never fun and games ;)

You sound like a spokespearson for the RSA;)

You sound like a spokespearson for the RSA;)

That's a completely different Gay lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Ugh...hate being lied to :(

Ugh...hate being lied to :(

*hug* I'm here if you need to talk mate

on the worst side of things : my head is banging and I cannot remember last night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hello all!!!!!!!!!!

How we all doing?

Jaffa: that sucks, I hate being lied to too. :mad:

• Advertisement

Dying a slow self inflicted death :(

Advertisement