Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Don't you just love that stage where waiting even a few days to see someone is difficult :o I'm sure it won't be like this in a couple of months haha

awww shes smitten:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

awww shes smitten:p

I know and it's sweet :)
    I'm sure it won't be like this in a couple of months haha

That's why you should have all the sex you can get before the hunny moon period wears off :P

wish the honeymoon period would kick off for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I know and it's sweet :)

That's why you should have all the sex you can get before the hunny moon period wears off :P

I'm workin on it haha.

work in progress ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Bored out of my mind. Anyone in Galway I can poke with a stick for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Well aren't you forward...

Well aren't you forward...

Well ya mucker ya :p was down for a visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gillgalad

Hi all! How are you?
    I am new here) and would love to make some friends)

Well do come in, relax, put your feet up and get stuck in. We don't bite unless asked ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DinaRaven

Hey, I'm also relatively new here. I have posted a couple of times and that's all.

This thread is way too long to read it all, but after the first few pages I got the idea. No idea what the current discussion is about, so I'll just introduce myself.

The name is Dina, hence the username. I currently reside in midlands, the ****-pit of Ireland if I say so myself.

As my name might indicate, I'm not Irish, I'm just here to steal your jobs and women, so to say. ;D

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to si-fi and books. Lately, I have gotten into rpg games with the help of my brother and I'm developing interest in computers.

Only 18 and taking a gap year because of developing depression in my LC year. I was planning to study Zoology in UK, but due to my fall back into the dark pit of suicidal thoughts, I have given up on a future, even though I have not told anyone.

I have an unnatural obsession with books and Star Wars.

A long and personal introduction, but that is how I roll. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

DinaRaven wrote: »
    Hey, I'm also relatively new here. I have posted a couple of times and that's all.

This thread is way too long to read it all, but after the first few pages I got the idea. No idea what the current discussion is about, so I'll just introduce myself.

The name is Dina, hence the username. I currently reside in midlands, the ****-pit of Ireland if I say so myself.

As my name might indicate, I'm not Irish, I'm just here to steal your jobs and women, so to say. ;D

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to si-fi and books. Lately, I have gotten into rpg games with the help of my brother and I'm developing interest in computers.

Only 18 and taking a gap year because of developing depression in my LC year. I was planning to study Zoology in UK, but due to my fall back into the dark pit of suicidal thoughts, I have given up on a future, even though I have not told anyone.

I have an unnatural obsession with books and Star Wars.

A long and personal introduction, but that is how I roll. (:

Welcome as a geek you'll fit right in around here. As for giving up on your future that's very sad, must say I felt very much like that at your age and I won't say things get better as I have no idea about your circumstances or what makes you feel that way. I will say however don't give up and don't give in to those thoughts, with time and perseverance you will discover your way of being with the world and those days you wish it was all over will get less and less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Should threads on this forum where users converse about where to go and have sleazy sex be locked?

Personally I think they should. I mean is this seriously an image that LGBT people want to uphold? I doubt it.

One of the latest examples would be this one:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056470785

Should threads on this forum where users converse about where to go and have sleazy sex be locked?

Personally I think they should. I mean is this seriously an image that LGBT people want to uphold? I doubt it.

Based only on the example you gave, I'd say no.

I wouldn't call a couple looking for someone to go out with sleazy. Just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed post in here. Yes, they're looking for sex but what's wrong with that? The poster also said it's not a one time thing and they'd also be interested in spending time with someone who enjoys the outdoors, theatre, books etc. Nothing sleazy there.

Like I said, I wouldn't even consider getting into any sort of relationship with a couple, but it does happen and who are we to tell them they're not welcome here.

everyone advertises for sleezy sex its not just lgbt people who do it - in fact I dont mind them advertising it goes to show we're the same as any straight couples - we have needs too

I agree WW, but when did we become a hook up or dating site.

I agree WW, but when did we become a hook up or dating site.

Oh I didnt mean we should hun - maybe I should have made that clear.

I wouldnt do it but ,It happens

Oh I didnt mean we should hun - maybe I should have made that clear.

I wouldnt do it but ,It happens

I'm not saying I have anything against them meeting up like and stuff. But what other forum on boards.ie allows threads like that? It doesn't matter what there orientation is.

There's plenty of dating sites that accomadate couples looking for alittle extra to spice things up a bit. I'd rather keep boards social.

There's plenty of dating sites that accomadate couples looking for alittle extra to spice things up a bit. I'd rather keep boards social.

yeah it eliminates the awkward factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thanks for the feedback. Please report posts in future.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Doing my first ever wedding gig as a Dj tonight. A lesbian wedding (I refuse to use CC term) never ever saw myself as a wedding Dj but it should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

stephen_n wrote: »
    Doing my first ever wedding gig as a Dj tonight. A lesbian wedding (I refuse to use CC term) never ever saw myself as a wedding Dj but it should be fun!

They can be incredibly fun or the worst set of your life (actually, a happy hardcore one I had to play for a mate who got sick was the worst, but still...).

Thanks for the feedback. Please report posts in future.

Okay okay, sorry. But I just wanted to open a discussion on these types of threads in general, not that specific thread.

Personally, I would consider threads relating to places like the Boilerhouse or other bathhouses in that same light. In any other forum on boards.ie a thread relating to cruising spots, etc.. (even if it were straight) would be instantly locked.

I just wanted to open a discussion on what other people think about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Personally, I would consider threads relating to places like the Boilerhouse or other bathhouses in that same light. In any other forum on boards.ie a thread relating to cruising spots, etc.. (even if it were straight) would be instantly locked.

It's an aspect of gay culture, you can't just pretend otherwise because some straight people might be reading, besides, it's painfully obvious that it's a minority interest when you glance through this forum. After Hours is inundated with threads on going out, "pulling", how easy it is to pull, where and how to, what exactly is the difference in straight people going out with the sole objective of having casual sex and gay men doing same?

As for personals etc. they're against the charter and are always locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭apache

stephen_n wrote: »
    awesome!
    how did that go?
    hope you played loads of kd lang and tracy chapman and melissa etheridge with a bit of pink thrown in :P

Wintry showers fml

Wihat a weekend. Wish it wouldn't end! :)

Now to study :(

Finished work now thank god

• Advertisement

Lucky for ye. Wish I could be back in school. Finished one job at 3.30pm and back into another at 5pm. Yes I know I'm on boards :P

Advertisement