Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

BAM's tactic is tender low, and then screwing the tax payer for every cent they are worth. Any extra is a huge extra, they know full well the public purse is just there to be opened at the drop of a hat.

How do you screw the tax payer on a fixed price contact. TII (or the NRA they were) resolved all those issues back in the mid 00s.

The children's hospital is nothing like any recent road project.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

BAM want to get everyone on to the Children's Hospital ASAP I suspect, that place is a gold mine for them and with an apparently limitless budget, I suspect they want off the Enniscorthy Bypass ASAP.

Who from the BAM team with experience in roads infrastructure will be moved to a mechanical/electrical/engineering/fit out construction project?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

MichealD wrote: »
    I noticed that those links were broken last week.

This one seems to be working now. Detail drawings at the end.

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

This link is no longer available. If anyone could point in the direction of these drawings I would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

peadar76 wrote: »
    This link is no longer available. If anyone could point in the direction of these drawings I would appreciate it

Try this.

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/sites/default/files/content/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Thanks very much. Unfortunately does not have what I am looking for

Is there any other drawings available to members of the public other than those in volume 4 of the EIS?
    For example, the scheme drawings in the EIS make reference to other drawings - eg. 2057/M11/100/212.
    Surely if the drawings was referred to in the EIS, and the EIS formed part of the An Bord Pleanala approval, then said drawing should be available to the public?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

mfceiling wrote: »
    Who from the BAM team with experience in roads infrastructure will be moved to a mechanical/electrical/engineering/fit out construction project?

There is a load of construction work to happen before there is any M&E fit out on the Childrens Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Surfacing work taking place on the link road currently.

Tying in has begun just North of Oylegate with the existing N11.
    Hard to get a picture due to the traffic calming measures, maybe Sunday might be safest to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Any further improvements will be to the north of Gorey by the look of it.

https://www.thejournal.ie/n11-traffic-delays-4480602-Feb2019/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

kneemos wrote: »
    Any further improvements will be to the north of Gorey by the look of it.

https://www.thejournal.ie/n11-traffic-delays-4480602-Feb2019/

Bray-Coyne's Cross upgrade and Oilgate-Rosslare are both starting planning in 2019

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD: Posts on the M11/N11 upgrade at Bray moved to the relevant thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057631449

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Tying in has begun just North of Oylegate with the existing N11.
    Hard to get a picture due to the traffic calming measures, maybe Sunday might be safest to get one.

Any idea why they didn’t just bypass Oilgate as well? Seems strange that it’s the last village standing between Dublin and Wexford.

Any idea why they didn’t just bypass Oilgate as well? Seems strange that it’s the last village standing between Dublin and Wexford.
    When the M11 Gorey-Enniscorthy project was in planning, a plan to complete the route from Oilgate to Rosslare was also in planning, with the Gorey project ahead of it because it was a higher priority. Unfortunately, the recession killed the Oilgate-Rosslare project and this survived in its current state.

Oilgate-Rosslare is now back in planning and is expected to enter initial design & route selection during 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

marno21 wrote: »
    When the M11 Gorey-Enniscorthy project was in planning, a plan to complete the route from Oilgate to Rosslare was also in planning, with the Gorey project ahead of it because it was a higher priority. Unfortunately, the recession killed the Oilgate-Rosslare project and this survived in its current state.

Oilgate-Rosslare is now back in planning and is expected to enter initial design & route selection during 2019.

Do you know id it to be full motorway standard too, given it terminates at one of our main ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭josip

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Do you know id it to be full motorway standard too, given it terminates at one of our main ports?

I don't know the answer to that, but it's important to bear in mind how 'main' Rosslare is.

https://www.cso.ie/multiquicktables/quickTables.aspx?id=tba07

There's a lot more traffic on the Enniscorthy to Carlow road for example and they won't be getting a motorway any time soon.

https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/gmapbasic.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Reuben1210 wrote: »

That will be part of the design process. To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised to see motorway with a new bridge as far as N25/N11 junction, with some kind of free flow junction there ( that roundabout is under a lot of pressure as it is). The remainder of the N25 may be 2+2 ( Wexford by pass south of N25/N11 retrofitted)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hasn’t the route selection already been made?

A route was selected back in the day but all the work will have to be done again.

If I were to offer my opinion, it'll be motorway from Oilgate to the N11/N25 junction, 2+2 retrofit to the Wexford bypass and 2+2 from south of Wexford to Rosslare with a new entrance to Rosslare port.

Rosslare is far less important than it's made out to be by various politicians, but it is getting 2+2 whereas the new Port of Cork at Ringaskiddy and Shannon/Foynes port are both getting motorways.

Unless Oylgate turns into a disaster it'll be a cold day in hell by the time that section gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A route was selected back in the day but all the work will have to be done again.

If I were to offer my opinion, it'll be motorway from Oilgate to the N11/N25 junction, 2+2 retrofit to the Wexford bypass and 2+2 from south of Wexford to Rosslare with a new entrance to Rosslare port.

Rosslare is far less important than it's made out to be by various politicians, but it is getting 2+2 whereas the new Port of Cork at Ringaskiddy and Shannon/Foynes port are both getting motorways.

Foynes, on current plans, is not getting a motorway. Rathkeale is.

• Advertisement

Foynes, on current plans, is not getting a motorway. Rathkeale is.
    Apologies, the Foynes-Limerick scheme to connect the Port of Shannon/Foynes is getting a new road, half of which is motorway and half of which is protected 2+2 dual carriageway (expressway) to link it to the motorway network. There is no justification for motorway west of Rathkeale.

I won't be posting any further about Foynes as it's off topic, just correcting my original post.

What work?

I thought the 300m corridor was selected and that is that (unless the style of road is the only thing to change/be done again?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

vicwatson wrote: »
    What work?

I thought the 300m corridor was selected and that is that (unless the style of road is the only thing to change/be done again?)

You are correct, the scheme was suspended after the 300 meter corridor was selected.

vicwatson wrote: »
    What work?

Yes, that's the work I'm on about. All these schemes have to start again from feasibility study & project scope and rerun through the route selection process.

In many cases, parts of routes are protected in county development plans which will accelerate the process.

Yes, that's the work I'm on about. All these schemes have to start again from feasibility study & project scope and rerun through the route selection process.

In many cases, parts of routes are protected in county development plans which will accelerate the process.

"Re-run through the route selection process" - does that possibly then change the original "preferred route"?

Seems crazy if they have to start from square one again if they could possibly change the "preferred route".

The new second roundabout at Scarawalsh is virtually complete,they are putting the wearing course on it today as I passed by,the opening to the link road from the N11 has also been dug out. You couldn't see that section of road at all before due to the existing embankment.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Some drone shots up on Enniscorthy photos page on Facebook (photo credit Alan Owens)

472998.jpg

472996.jpg

The new roundabout (on the left) where the new N30 link road with connect with existing N11 south, the local industrial estate road and to the existing roundabout which will connect to N80, N11 north and the new link road to the M11 (phew!).

473000.jpg

473001.jpg

The existing N11/N80 roundabout with plenty of work left to do to tie in the new M11 link road.

473003.jpg

Some images of the new bridge, further along the link road to the M11, crossing a local road, railway line and River Slaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

A couple more. (photo credit Alan Owens)

473006.jpg

473007.jpg

Bit to do there if they're going to be done by June.

• Advertisement

Be no trouble to them, weren’t long doing that roundabout

Advertisement