Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdventRises

These sites are interesting. How are they able to sell codes significantly cheaper than popular online sites or even game shops?

... is there a xbox live points hack going on here? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

These sites are interesting. How are they able to sell codes significantly cheaper than popular online sites or even game shops?

... is there a xbox live points hack going on here? :confused:

2 Main Reasons.

1) Most of these sites are based outside the EU so prices do not include VAT. Add 23% to those prices to see the price they would be if sold from within the EU. (Amazon.co.uk and Gamesnash.ie include Irish VAT rates within their prices just to be clear :))

2) Occasionally Microsoft do promotional deals with specific retailers or territories. There is quite a big industry in wholesale trading of these codes too - where codes are sold from territory to territory so that an offer never publicised here is actually unofficially offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from here?

I ordered some on Sunday and they still say in Progress. No confirmation email or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Same issue with me, the points I ordered 10 days ago are still showing 'in progress', might have been a UK offer only but the order was accepted. I have emailed the MS Store to see what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

From the comments section underneath the link above the points seem to have been out of stock and they have got more in today so apparently they will be sending them out. Check the comments on the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

MS probably won't have anything to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hmmmm. cheapxboxlivecodes seem too good to be true, Anyone ever get region issues with these codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I have been using them for two years. No issues, ever.
    Always get code within minutes. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Always buy my codes online through cheapxboxlivecodes and never had an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Also can vouch for cheapxboxlivecodes, great site!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Same here, super quick, 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

kiddums wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from here?

I ordered some on Sunday and they still say in Progress. No confirmation email or anything.
    Finially, I just got the email saying my points have been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Any special offers on at the minute?
    Or more importantly, who will get the code to me quickest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Any special offers on at the minute?
    Or more importantly, who will get the code to me quickest?

Something in bargain alerts about 2 months X Box live for €2.

Got it, thankin you

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Someone on adverts.ie are selling 4200 points for €25.Thats the cheapest I've seen.Cant post a link but it's easily found in the Xbox section

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Lads twice this has happened me now, jammy ba5tard I know,

I went on to cheap xbox live codes and payed 10€ for 800 MS points I got the code mailed to me there, so I typed it into the xbox and what does it say,

This code gives you 2100 MS points.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Lads twice this has happened me now, jammy ba5tard I know,

I went on to cheap xbox live codes and payed 10€ for 800 MS points I got the code mailed to me there, so I typed it into the xbox and what does it say,

This code gives you 2100 MS points.

Nice.

Trying it now. Will report back if it works. Serves me right if it doesn't :pac:

EDIT: Nope didnt work just got 800. Did you buy 800EU or 800US or did you do anything weird in the buying process?

Did you think all the 800 codes would be for 2100?

Browning, I think you should check your credit card bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I just bought the 800Eu, didn't do anything different either.

No I done it through paypal it shows 10€ gone from my account and yet I got 2100 points as I said It's not the first time this has happened me but there's been times when Ive got what I ordered, ive just been lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

i bought 800 points there, redeemed the code, tried to get the 2euro deal. press confirm purchase, tells me 'can't find a valid payment option.' it wants me to redeem the code again? even though i have the points already redeemed. so it seems you can't redeem the points and then buy the deal, you have go into the deal option and THEN redeem the code. what a waste, how i have to get the month for 6.99 deal. Feck sake

edit: i can't even get the 6.99 a month deal, there is no 'pay with Microsoft points' option. what the hell??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You can't buy a sub with points. Has to be with a CC or Paypal. This is because it is an automatically renewing subscription. They have to have something to bill for future renewals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Youve never been able to pay with Microsoft Points for subscriptions

i guess i should have known that, but i just thought you could. I've no CC/paypal so no more xbox live for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

i guess i should have known that, but i just thought you could. I've no CC/paypal so no more xbox live for me :(

o2 Money card ;)

CMpunked wrote: »

o2 Money card ;)
    well at the moment im waiting on a visa debit card but no idea how long that'll take, its not too bad at the moment cos im using my friends account, but he's getting his xbox back soon so im fecked then..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

Meesared wrote: »
    its like Itchy and Scratchy money lol
    my sister sent over 4200 mspoints for christmas gone and i said lovely my sub is running out only to fing i cant renew with them.

my sister sent over 4200 mspoints for christmas gone and i said lovely my sub is running out only to fing i cant renew with them.

this is the thing i was sure you could do it? it even says you can on the support page http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

this is the thing i was sure you could do it? it even says you can on the support page http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes

Ditto I can remember seeing it somewhere that you can pay, on Xbox dashboard

Advertisement