Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A special invitation to our Film Club to the European Premiere of Perrier's Bounty

Options
  • 05-03-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hello all of the Film Club members :)

Thanks to Optimum Releasing we have a very special invitation for you to the European Premiere of PERRIER'S BOUNTY in Dublin's Savoy Cinema on Wednesday March 10.

perriersbounty.jpg

Starring Cillian Murphy, Brendan Gleeson, Don Wycherley, Jim Broadbent and Jodie Whittaker, this is from the creators of Intermission - trailer below:

We have 20 pairs of tickets to give away to the regular members of our film club (and maybe to interested people, if there's any left over).

To apply, just stick your username below. I have a list of everyone who interacted in these three threads - Intro | UP | Invictus - and they will be prioritised :)

As per the last threads, details below:

What?
    The third meeting of the boards film club as discussed here.

What film?
    Perrier's Bounty, starring Cillian Murphy and Brendan Gleeson. Directed by Ian Fitzgibbon.

Where?
    Savoy 1, O' Connell St, Dublin 1

When?
    Wednesday 10 March.

Time?
    7:30 screening. Doors open at 7pm - as it's a premiere would advise getting there early.

Who can come?
    Anybody who frequents this film forum.

Can I bring non-boards friend(s)?
    Yes you can. The more the merrier!

Is there a membership fee
    Nope. Just pay for your own ticket come along once you're confirmed tongue.gif

Will we be booking in advance?
    Yes - I will confirm your name on the list.

How will I know who/what to look for?
    Will get back to you on this/

Will we be hanging around after the film?
    Yes. The plan is to have a grand aul chat about it afterwards, if you like :)

Any questions, do let me know!

Thanks

Darragh

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cool, have a night off on Wednesday so will definitely take a pair of tickets if they're going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 darkdiver

Sound good, hopefully I'll make the cut :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Any other night but a Wednesday and I'd have been there ;o(

Have fun without me, let me know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Could i have 2 please?

Thanks Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Two please Darragh if available, Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Can i have two please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Two please! Boards Film Club ain't too shabby :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

I would like two as well, even I am new here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Blackjackdavey

i'm not exactly a film club member but I would quite like 2 passes if there's any spare? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

If there's 2 spare may I have them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

I'd like two if possible,bring the missus

er tis my birthday following day,saw you on news while back darragh,right sexy bitch,ah go on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sean want tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Hi Darragh,

If there is any tickets left after film club members are accomodated I'd really appreciate a pair. Thanks a million, and good work on the part of Boards.ie regardless of whether I get tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Only joined today for tickets to see this! Cillian Murphy and Brendan Gleeson are two of my favourite actors :D Oh God Id love a pair of tickets!!.. But good luck to all my fellow film buffs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gknit

I'm probably a little late but if there are any left, I'd really really like 2 please; one for me and one for wacker. The film looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing it, whether on Wednesday or when it comes out properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Heya all,

I'll drop a PM to everyone in a few minutes but basically everyone to have posted have a pair of tickets and I seem to have 6 pairs left, so if you want to go, drop a comment below!

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭deathstarkiller

I'd love two if there are any left. Saw a trailer at the weekend and it looks fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hi Darragh if there's any left over could i get 2 for the mammy

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Could I please have a pair of tickets for this Darragh?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Hey Darragh any chance of a pair of tickets? Cheers

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    Hi Darragh if there's any left over could i get 2 for the mammy

Is the mammy a boards.ie member? Sorry dude but reserving them for members :)

PM's now being sent to all those with a pair of tickets :)

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Could I get a pair of tickets or are we all out?

No worries billymitchell, PM on the way to you.

Two pairs left if anyone else wants them? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I would very much appreciate a pair if they're still going Darragh.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Id love a pair if there is any left. Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So fellow film clubbers, shall we be meeting up for pre and/or post beverages this time around? Do we need a new watering hole this time?

And most importantly, what are you wearing :pac: I don't think I've been to a film with a dress code before, and I am excited / terrified at the prospect. I'm guessing jeans and shirt qualify for smart casual...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So fellow film clubbers, shall we be meeting up for pre and/or post beverages this time around? Do we need a new watering hole this time?

Good point. Whats the closest pub to the Savoy?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Good point. Whats the closest pub to the Savoy?

Don't really know the pubs around that area too well, but isn't there a biggish one between there and Parnell Square at the top of O'Connell Street? Don't know the name of it, and not sure if it is decent or not (although a pubs a pub really). There is that one just at the end of Parnell Street too, the 'oldest pub in Ireland' or whatever they call it - again, don't know the name!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

There's the living room on Cathal Brugha St, just around the corner from the cinema. Its quite a good pub and does food as well if people are hungry.

Advertisement