Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A special invitation to our Film Club to the European Premiere of Perrier's Bounty

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Well presuming that I get a pair of tickets (do I Darragh? :o) I will probably be just about making it up there in time for one pint before the film.

Haven't done the Film Club thing yet but it would be quite nice to meet a few heads beforehand.

As for dress code, I'd imagine a jacket and smartish jeans would suffice. No tracksuits and baseball caps, type of thing. Or am I wrong?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am guessing most people won't be around til after six, so yeah probably makes sense to just meet up for a quick drink before the film, and then chat properly afterwards. I'll be happy wherever, but a nice bit of pub grub wouldn't go astray :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey folks, all the tickets are gone and all the winners have confirmed with me.

My basic plan is to cause a distraction in the office thereby allowing me to escape here and be at the cinema around 7pm at the latest. If you're allowed in without tickets, meet me in the foyer and if you're not, I'll meet you at the start of the red carpet.

Dress code is smart/casual - I'll be pretty much jeans and a shirt...

I'll be in a black coat and more than likely be on twitter at the time...

Cheers

Darragh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Red carpet - exciting :)

So how about The Living Room for meet up as suggested by fitz0? Meet up there for anyone who wants to before the film (say between 6 and half six?), head over for seven to pick up our tickets, and back over after for discussion / beverages? I like the early screen times as it means there will be a bit of time before the last bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm game for that Johnny :)

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm game for that Johnny :)

You better bring the dinosaur :pac:

At the premiere, seriously? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I won't enter no place without it :pac:

PS What kind of a dress code, I'm assuming no tuxedos :P I'll most likely be coming from work with me predictable good trousers and jumper.

Actually yes, may not be entirely practical, and the presence of a toy dinosaur may stretch the dress code a little ;) However, how cool would it be to have a toy dino signed by The Scarecrow himself, if he happens to attend of course.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    PS What kind of a dress code, I'm assuming no tuxedos :P I'll most likely be coming from work with me predictable good trousers and jumper.

I would consider wearing a tux for the laugh, perhaps fooling the media into thinking I'm someone important (executive producer perhaps - sounds so classy) :pac: As long as you aren't dressed offensively / messily / in a McDonalds uniform, I'd say you'd be grand. I'm sticking with the old reliable shirt and jeans me thinks (well, that's pretty much all I have anyway!).

I might tux it up. Since I did just complete work on a film the other day called Loot. Time to blag my way into high society! :cool:

See you at the Living Room!

• Advertisement

Map to find the Living Room:
    http://www.thelivingroomdublin.com/about.htm

So if I make it to the Living Room on time I'll just keep my eyes peeled for the group of dinosaur-wielding tux-wearing film nerds, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

shall be at ye olde pub at about half 5 black shirt glasses and i has a name tag!!! yay work

Grrr Grrrr stupid people pulling out. I'll be going alone...but the spare ticket will go to someone from the office of Boards.ie, hopefully someone with all mighty power :p

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Grrr Grrrr stupid people pulling out. I'll be going alone...but the spare ticket will go to someone from the office of Boards.ie, hopefully someone with all mighty power :p

Oh goodie, Dav's coming! :)

Bad news: My girlfriend dumped me yesterday.
    Good news: I have a spare ticket now. If anyone PMs me before half 4 they may well get it.

Good news: I have a spare ticket now. If anyone PMs me before half 4 they may well get it.

Jesus man that's rough :(

We'll all cheer you up tonight!

Found a person to take the ticket.

Should be at the Living Room around six (no dinosaurs this time). I look liek this:
    http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs419.snc3/25228_347829089443_552749443_3417321_2947286_n.jpg
    (I'm the one with the face)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

There is alot of that bad news going around

/same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Due to events in work I cannot attend tonight. Apologies to all especially for the lateness in responding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hey me and lisa are to the left at the fishtank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Sorry for the lateness but I have a last minute dropout. Ill be on my own so theres 1 spare ticket.

Folks, am at the Savoy now - inside. Look for Niamh or me with a stack of white envelopes...

Brilliant film! Lovely to meet so many Boards.ie members too. Full report tmw.

Surprisingly good film I must say! Plenty of laughs and good performances from the cast (Jim Broadbent's accent was a little odd, but hey, I got to shake his hand after the film so I don't care :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

Thanks boards/darragh

I enjoyed the film sadly couldn't make drink up lark prior due to other bs going on,next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Really good film! Lots of laughs the whole way through!
    Met Cillian and Brendan and Brendan's son Dominic!

Thanks for the tickets Darragh! Awesome night

Great to get tickets for a packed out film like that. Had to shoot off after so didn't get to stay around and chat to anyone.

Film was entertaining enough, there were a few things that irked me about it but all the performances were great,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Thanks Darragh. The film was excellent, Jim Broadbent made the film IMO. Couldn't make the pre or post film drinks due to college work but it was a good night all the same.

• Advertisement

Good movie.
    Must organise another boards film club meet up soon..

Advertisement