Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club. Up In The Air. Cineworld Dublin. Friday Jan 29th (19:30)

Options
  • 16-01-2010 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

What?
    The first meeting of the boards film forum fillm club (needs a new name) as discussed here.

What film?
    Up In The Air, starring George Clooney.

Where?
    Cineworld Parnell St. Dublin.
    It was deeemed the easiest for the most people to get to based on feedback in the above thread.

When?
    Friday, 29th of January.

Time?
    19:30. We will be meeting in the Cineworld bar around half 6.

Who can come?
    Anybody who frequents this film forum.

Can I bring non-boards friend(s)?
    Yes you can. The more the merrier!

Is there a membership fee
    Nope. Just pay for your own ticket :P

Will we be booking in advance?
    Not really. However, we will be meeting before the film. That would be the best time to get tickets, or before that if you like.

How will I know who/what to look for?
    Not certain yet. There will be some sort of callsign.
    Check back here later for details.

Will we be hanging around after the film?
    Yes. The plan is to have a grand aul chat about it afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Great stuff. Although Im afraid I'll have to sit out the first meeting of the new film club. I did a sneaky one and saw Up in the Air last night (Sorry we went to see the road but it was sold out).
    Although Im happy to report that Up in the Air was a great movie. Clooney is top class as is everybody else(Vera farmiga is great but she is also a stone cold fox). Really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

My presence is like an abacus. Someone, anyone, ask me why!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wacker wrote: »
    My presence is like an abacus. Someone, anyone, ask me why!!

Tell me why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Galvasean wrote: »
    Tell me why?!
    You can count on it! Here comes the ROFLcopter!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,123 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cool beans, I should be coming along for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll know more on Monday. Back in college and need to check my timetable but this sounds good. Nothing better than meeting up with randomers from the internet to watch a film.

Here's hoping that this will be a long lasting thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be moved into the city centre by then, but even if I'm still in Wicklow I can get the last bus out of the city home.

Looking forward to it :D

If I'm to go to this then there's got to be a golden rule observed by members of this club.

Mobile phones switched OFF. Not even on vibrate.... OFF. There's nothing more annoying than seeing someone taking their phone out of their pocket to text someone halfway through a film.

Even though you may not think it is, it's extremely distracting for people who have paid the best part of 8 or 9 euro to watch a film in peace.

If you can't go two hours without the need to text someone then there's something wrong there.

That_Guy wrote: »
    If I'm to go to this then there's got to be a golden rule observed by members of this club.

Mobile phones switched OFF. Not even on vibrate.... OFF. There's nothing more annoying than seeing someone taking their phone out of their pocket to text someone halfway through a film.

Even though you may not think it is, it's extremely distracting for people who have paid the best part of 8 or 9 euro to watch a film in peace.

If you can't go two hours without the need to text someone then there's something wrong there.
    Yeah, +1 on that. So frigging irritating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Amen to that.

I'll try to make it along, but we're getting walls replastered and doing painting, moving stuff out of the room, etc, so I may not make it.

• Advertisement

I like it. Anyone found to be breaching cinema etiquette rules gets a gang beating after the film. :)

I like it. Anyone found to be breaching cinema etiquette rules gets a gang beating after the film. :)

And is made to watch Bratz: The Movie..... over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I would be interested in attending this event.

Valmont wrote: »
    I would be interested in attending this event.

Grab yourself a new sig here then my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Grab yourself a new sig here then my friend.

Count me in for the film too. You wont miss me, Ill be sitting down and have wheels instead of feet!

Glad to see such a positive response. Looks like we will end up getting a decent number.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but are we sure that Up in the Air will still be in the cinema on 29th January?

I was in Cineworld on Sarurday and 4 screenings were sold out with plenty more on. With that kind of momentum it will surely still be on.
    Good ol' George Clooney :)

I only got around to reading Clarkes interview with the director that was in Irish Times last Friday, and after that I'm looking forward to it even more.
    Clarke is a really tough reviewer, and he had only praise for it. :) (Didn't read the actual review though, just the 2-page piece on the director).
    I loved Thank You For Smoking, so looking forward to more of the same dry wit.

I got my timetable from college and I finish at three on Friday's so I'll definitely be in attendance. Maybe this thread should be stickied so that it gets more attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

I'm going to watch it in belfast on the 29th, so I can join in on the boards on the 30th

Think I've found a nice spot (very close to Cineworld) to meet up at.
    Gonna drop them a line and see if they'll reserve a table or two for us.

Think I've found a nice spot (very close to Cineworld) to meet up at.
    Gonna drop them a line and see if they'll reserve a table or two for us.

Is it one of the playhouses in Smyth's?

I hope the meet up point is wheelchair friendly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not working on Friday so will totally be there, with a cherry on top.
    So look for the guy with a cherry in his hair.

Hey!!!!!! That's my style.

marwelie wrote: »
    I hope the meet up point is wheelchair friendly!

Better double check that. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board.

Maybe I'm betraying my social ineptitude, but if that was a reference to something, it went whoosh, over my head. :(

Nevore wrote: »
    Maybe I'm betraying my social ineptitude, but if that was a reference to something, it went whoosh, over my head. :(

I don't think it was a reference to anything tbh.

• Advertisement

http://www.cineworld.ie/cinemas/75?film=3076&period=next

I'd say the time's for Friday will be available tomorrow. The times are the same all through the week so the chances are it might be the same on Friday.

6pm or 8:40pm would probably the best time to see it... Depends on whether or not the times are the same. I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement