Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

waterford united 1 dundalk 2

Unlucky really with deflected goal for dundalks 2nd,very well played by the blues though , great improvement on recent weeks , lets hope we can build with a win on friday away to athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

jo06555 wrote: »
    waterford united 1 dundalk 2

Unlucky really with deflected goal for dundalks 2nd,very well played by the blues though , great improvement on recent weeks , lets hope we can build with a win on friday away to athlone.

Playing away to Longford in the Flansiro nin the FAI Cup.

Great performance tonight. lads did well

A new waterford united facebook page i seen started up , if anyone fancys a look..:)

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001175828682

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TrueBlue2010

Hi Jo06665

Just registered an account recently to actually comment on Waterford United. Looked at the link you left and have to say seems like a good idea. Do you know when it says subsidised beers before the match in Caulfields, is that on any drink?

It would be good to get people together to have a few beers before the matches. One complaint i always had with the Waterford fan base was there seems to be no atmosphere. Was at the recent Dundalk game and the 10 lads from Dundalk made more noise then Waterford.

Maybe a few beers would loosten us up. Do yee get many people down in Caulfields or is it Just new - its the first I ever heard of it. Used to be a member of the Blues Supporters Club and although Own Tubritt and all the lads do a great job, wasnt my kind of support :):)

Looking forward to a reply,

P.S think ill be down and joining if you hook me up.... Ill get a few of my mates aswell...

True Blue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 deisemad10

Hi All ,
    Im actually involved with settings this new supporters club up ,anyone interested in coming down to caulfields bar lower yellow road before and after games for few beers and chat ,craic as said there on the facebook account anyone joining the club will recieve a discount on all drinks in the bar ,the bar is also goin to support us for away games also .

Anyone interested in becoming a member please pm me or contact us on unitedbluessupportersclub@gmail.com ,membership is free .

Remember its all about supporting waterford united and having a bit of craic before ,during ,after games .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

A general question, why does beer have to be brought in to supporting a team. its coming into every sport. The Dublin football fans seem to think they can hold up a game so they can have as much as they can, Munster could not play recently without the pubs opening.

Hey Deisemad,

Thanks a million for the info. It would be brilliant to actually have a club that has a few drinks before and after the match. Will yee start having banners and drums and all the rest?

Are yee having anything for this Tuesday in Caulfields, ill get one or two of the lads to come down if they know theres a few drinks involved before the match....

Will there be many people down there Tuesday?

Hey Deise Tom,

I personally much more enjoy sport when I have a few beers. Allows me to release my passion for a club. Also the drink is more a social aspect of following a sport. Its the same with every sport, wheter it be football, Rugby, the G.A.A etc.

Theres nothing wrong with having a few drinks watching a match, im sure you, like all of us, go to a pub or have a few drinks at home to watch an English Premier league match, why wouldnt i do the same watching a live match.

Drink dosent have to be the main involvement.

Im sure the guys in this club have a few people who bring their child to the pub with them, and the child is hardly going to drink. Its more about a way of getting people together in an area where they can meet up. If people want to drink, they can, if people dont then they dont have to, just like the example of somebody who brings their child. Its about creating an atmosphere and getting people enjoying that atmosphere so they come back again and again to watch the matches.....

Deise Tom wrote: »
    A general question, why does beer have to be brought in to supporting a team. its coming into every sport. The Dublin football fans seem to think they can hold up a game so they can have as much as they can, Munster could not play recently without the pubs opening.

I have to agree with previous 2 posters true blue and deisemad , i see nothing wrong with having a beer or 2 before or after a game , plus at rsc the atmosphere seems dead , maybe it would bring some people to life :D , i was at dundalk game too and all ten dundalk fans is all you could hear , where was our famous drum :rolleyes: il def be down to meet up and get opinions from yee lads , if people dont fancy it fair enough the tea is fine in rsc too ;)

I agree to a certain extent with deisetom about everything involving drink nowadays ,but its part and parcel of life here in ireland now and very much so in the UK also .Like the old question we ask someone when trying to find out how cheap the economy is in another country "how much is the price of a pint ?" .Pubs have been the main social point for people in this country for hundreds of years .

At the end of the day there are no one putting a gun to peoples head for them to drink beer,anyone in a pubs after the game anyway are more then likely goin to be an adult and therefore can choose for themselves .

• Advertisement

Some strong rumours around saying george ocallaghan is left the club ,not sure why ? He is a great footballer but to be honest since hes come into the team we have barely won a point or two in like about 7 games now maybe its nothing to do with george what so over but he wasnt around against dundalk and we played them of the park in my opinion ,so onwards and upwards from here hopefully .

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Left! why????

comeraghs wrote: »
    Left! why????

Bigger Club, Higher Level maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

deisemad10 wrote: »
    Some strong rumours around saying george ocallaghan is left the club ,not sure why ? He is a great footballer but to be honest since hes come into the team we have barely won a point or two in like about 7 games now maybe its nothing to do with george what so over but he wasnt around against dundalk and we played them of the park in my opinion ,so onwards and upwards from here hopefully .

heard the same about two weeks ago the wednesday before the cork game but he still lined out. i was told he had a falling out with the manager and had a few choice words to say to him. not sure if theres any truth it in or not.

Found it strange he wasnt even on the bench against dundalk and it said it on extratime.ie that rumour had it he left the club .A friend of mine is best mates with a well known waterford player who said george missed a few training sessions also .He maybe a good player but certainly not to big for the club !

Have only been to the RSC twice (i think) in my life, so cant call myself a waterford united supporter i suppose, but do look out for their results etc. Would i be right in saying that since George O'Callaghan arrived at the club, that results have not been going the Blues Way, or am i been a bit harsh.

Yes i did mention earlier that since george came to the club we only won one or two league games from 6 or 7 ,like i said may well have nothing to do with george himself but soon as hes not playing we didnt win but outplayed the current best team in the country in dundalk ,coincidence ?

Yes i did mention earlier that since george came to the club we only won one or two league games from 6 or 7 ,like i said may well have nothing to do with george himself but soon as hes not playing we didnt win but outplayed the current best team in the country in dundalk ,coincidence ?

I have to agree at the start george looked like he was the missing link but of late it has not worked out , it was like every ball had to go threw him , whereas against dundalk we stopped all the long balls and got back to what we are good at , passing and quick play , much improved it was and we should be well able for any team in this division if we play like that each week.

I didnt see you message to be honest. I dont read them all.

Sometimes you have to wonder about management over any team. I know there was those that went on the record and were delighted with the signing of O'Callaghan, and were saying how good a signing he was going to be etc. But sometimes such a signing could be a bad one, especially when the team were playing well, as Waterford United were suppose to be, (as i said i dont go to the rsc to know, only going what is said by those that do go), and putting this "Super Signing" into a team that was playing well might have broken up the spirit that was there before his arrival. I know since he did arrive that Injuries have not helped either, but you have to ask questions.

Have to agree with DeiseTom,

I have to admire George because at the end of the day it was clear to see he was generally a step above most of the team in terms of skill, vision, passing etc. However he seemed to want to do everything and for that reason instead of playing the simple ball, he would often try the impossible, which resulted in a long ball.

It also seemed that alot of the players tried to bypass him and the mid field which resulted in the long ball.

However that is down to mis-management as far as I am concerned as a player ofn his quality really should of been gelled into the team, however there is no ONE man bigger then the club and for that reason he had to go.

If the Dundalk game was anything to go by, I dont think well miss Georgie all that much anyway..... bring on the rest of the season.

Oh ye to DeiseTom, why dont you go to the matches, seem to no quite a lot about the league and the team anyway. Why dont you pop down?? Perhaps even have a pint in Caulfields ;):D (or a mug of tea) ;):D

• Advertisement

there is no ONE man bigger then the club

Thats true, and people who think that they are should be reminded in whatever way you have to, to get throught to them that team is spelt TEAM and that there is no I or U in it.

Deise Tom,

Thats is exactly buddy. Especially not a club steeped in history like our local club. Thats whats unique about football especially in comparison to say tennis etc.

Thats why we love the game so much because its about team effort and not many sports can cause such upsets where "underdogs" can beat the top guys.....for example Leeds v Man United and Derry v Waterford (maybe not a good example but had to get it in ;))

I personally, even though i stated my admiration of Georgie, am delighted to see him go. I dont no what wages he was getting paid but it should free up some money to get an out and out goal scorer which is what we are badly missing. Also Liam Kearney and the mid-field in general seemed to be back to their brilliant best. Hope to see Gary Keane start to make an impact soon as I played locally against him for years and he was another great player, local lad too :D.

SO onto the game tonight. Extratime.ie predict a 2-1 win to the Blues, so i seen on the face book page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001175828682 hard to see past a Blues win? Then again they are our bogey team....never forget the FAI cup final :mad:. Any predictions???

SO onto the game tonight. Extratime.ie predict a 2-1 win to the Blues, so i seen on the face book page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001175828682 hard to see past a Blues win? Then again they are our bogey team....never forget the FAI cup final :mad:. Any predictions???

0-0 or 1-1 with Utd to win the replay, maybe after Extra Time or on Pens.

1-0 to longford vinnie missed a open goal :eek: with weak effort cleared off the line then liam kearney taken down in box :) , he takes penalty and its saved :mad: all that in 2nd half, not a great first half but it may have bein because konopka got red card after 12 min , 2nd half sounded better we seemed to push on a bit , all we have now is league so full focus on this from now on .

Hey Jo,

Ye buddy your right. Its a bit of a catch 22 as far as im concerned - never like to see us loose especially against fellow first division opponents. Then again im delighted that we can focus fully on the league, something we failed to do last year by the way. So onwards and Upwards as far as im concerned.

Then again it was back to reality last night, tidy, neat football but no out and out goalscorer, which is worrying. When we play the better teams in the division we really need to be taking our chances, which had we of done in Derry it would of actually been a different game...

Fair play to the boys tho, they battled on with 10 men and we really should of won...... Nice to see Stephen Henderson not suger coat the missed chances and come out publicly and declare he needs to do something about the lack of finishing..... Bring on Tuesday...

Hey Jo,

Ye buddy your right. Its a bit of a catch 22 as far as im concerned - never like to see us loose especially against fellow first division opponents. Then again im delighted that we can focus fully on the league, something we failed to do last year by the way. So onwards and Upwards as far as im concerned.

Then again it was back to reality last night, tidy, neat football but no out and out goalscorer, which is worrying. When we play the better teams in the division we really need to be taking our chances, which had we of done in Derry it would of actually been a different game...

Fair play to the boys tho, they battled on with 10 men and we really should of won...... Nice to see Stephen Henderson not suger coat the missed chances and come out publicly and declare he needs to do something about the lack of finishing..... Bring on Tuesday...

Ye i agree ,and lets hope for good performance tuesday to get us back to winning ways .

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Where has O´Callaghan gone to?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Waterford winning 6-0 with 82 mins gone.Vinny netting four of them.Derry also winning 3-1.

Would love to be able to read reports of games on here with line outs etc after all games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Finished 8-0.Great confidence booster for the blues.The only bad thing is all the teams under them are winning.

Advertisement