Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

yes, peter thomas..thank you very much :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think bobby charlton played against them.

IIRC Waterford drew united in the European cup and they matched them pretty much in the first leg loosing to two late goals 3-1. But, got hammered in the second leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

Bobby Charlton played for the Blues , saw him scoring against Finn harps in Kilcohan.

David Herd also of Man U also played for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Blues won 2-0 away to Cork tonight, in front of a crowd of 4,500!

Top of the league! :)

Bring on Derry next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

blue-army wrote: »
    Blues won 2-0 away to Cork tonight, in front of a crowd of 4,500!

Top of the league! :)

Bring on Derry next Friday.

Great away win , lets hope we can keep this up and get promoted , long way to go yet but if we can beat derry next week we will be looking good . :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Great news, is Derry at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

ziedth wrote: »
    Great news, is Derry at home?

yes. next friday

Think I'll give it a look.

I haven't been in the new RSC. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Fantastic result last night! Went down to Turners Cross and won 2-0.
    Absolutely played Cork off the field. Carey with a peno and a great finish from Vinny Sullivan with the goals.
    Great to see between 150-200 Blues fans there last night and there was a great atmosphere.

Derry City at home next Friday in the RSC at 7.45. Brng it on!

Great start to campaign , lets hope we can keep it going , limerick game last week was great , good atmosphere , thats the way it should be , and now i see we have signed a very sought after player in george o callaghan , he has very good record ,
    http://www.waterford-united.ie/united-complete-ocallaghan-signing/

HAPPY DAYS AHEAD I HOPE lets all try get behind them when we can get down to RSC......:D

• Advertisement

Is that the guy who used to play for cork city a few years ago?

He's a great player If not a total knob if it is.

When is the next home game?

Is that the guy who used to play for cork city a few years ago?

He's a great player If not a total knob if it is.

When is the next home game?

Ye it is him , pat dolan on the star said its major boost for us to get him alot of premier league clubs were after him he tipped us to win first division before this but says now he is even more confident .

I think he is from cork so maybe when cork went bust he decided to stay close to home and came here , our next home game is 23rd april against finn harps , lets hope we beat monaghan tonight away and it will stay at 100% record so far .

If you want to keep track of fixtures heres the link,

http://www.waterford-united.ie/fixtures/

wikipedia result for o callaghan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_O'Callaghan

Jesus,

he is actually a great signing. He was the best player in premier league when he was with cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

They shouldn't have let Breen go....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

bad result against Monaghan, Matt Keane was highly critical of Henderson in his team selection and blamed him for the loss.

homolumo wrote: »
    bad result against Monaghan, Matt Keane was highly critical of Henderson in his team selection and blamed him for the loss.

Ye and henderson only changed it in last 20 mins , positives to come from it we kept ball alot and other than the early goal managhan didnt really have a sniff plus when o callaghan came on he played well , got lots of the ball , lets hope we see him from start on friday at home,

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Playing at home against Tramore tomorrow night (Tuesday) in the Munster Senior Cup.

K/O at the RSC at 7.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 deisemad10

Any out there interested in going to tolka park for the waterford v shelbourne game on 7th may .I have a mini bus booked but so far we only have 6-7 people we need another 3-4 people at least .Be good day out leaving waterford at 3-4pm,few beers and craic on bus and maybe a pint or two in dublin before the game .Prob come straight home after the match ? If we get 10 people in total ,the cost of the bus will be approx 20-25 euro per head depending on heads any one interested let me know .

deisemad10 wrote: »
    Any out there interested in going to tolka park for the waterford v shelbourne game on 7th may .I have a mini bus booked but so far we only have 6-7 people we need another 3-4 people at least .Be good day out leaving waterford at 3-4pm,few beers and craic on bus and maybe a pint or two in dublin before the game .Prob come straight home after the match ? If we get 10 people in total ,the cost of the bus will be approx 20-25 euro per head depending on heads any one interested let me know .

Sounds good craic ......id fancy it ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 deisemad10

Grand job jo PM me there and il give you the details ,hopefully we will still be top of the table to give us something to jeer the shells supporters about hahaha ,god knows we have been listening to them for long enough ha ha .

• Advertisement

Lets hope we get our winning form back again tonight and all set for big game shels the following week .

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

blues won 2-0 come on the lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Their twitter is excellent for providing latest scores from all the matches, give them a follow! http://twitter.com/waterfordunited/

Good result for them,

it's nice to see even a little buzz around the club.

Did George o callahan play? How'd he get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Good game, they are playing nice football. Ocallaghan done well, got hid foot on d ball, and passed it around... It showed he was a great player and a superb addition .. They need ppl who don't panic on d ball in tight situations. Fingers crossed they will go up becuase the facilites are good, and more crowd will go if they were in premier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Good result for them,

it's nice to see even a little buzz around the club.

Did George o callahan play? How'd he get on?

He did alright last night. Some lovely cross field passes and a lovely shot from about 25 yards out that hit the cross bar. Not sure if he's 100% fit yet but he's playing well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

good performance last night by all accounts. back on track after the Monaghan result.

a win next week will really set them up nicely for the rest of the season.. the first round of games are almost up.. and not much Waterford should be scared off.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Is the next game Shels in Tolka or at the RSC?

• Advertisement

tolka!

Advertisement