Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »
    Great discussion on SpaceflightNow on where the orbiters will go when retired.

At the T-31 second mark when the onboard computers take over 4 million deciscions per second are taken.

by contrast this piece of **** blows a fuse if i open two windows at once:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

ynotdu wrote: »
    At the T-31 second mark when the onboard computers take over 4 million deciscions per second are taken.

by contrast this piece of **** blows a fuse if i open two windows at once:D
    Sounds like my car:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

John mac wrote: »
    wonder if i could have one ? :)
    My back garden is cleared out already for Endeavour:):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beeker wrote: »
    My back garden is cleared out already for Endeavour:):D:D

And Atlantis is heading to Lucan.:)

and i am endeavouring to get Endeavour

• Advertisement

The coverage is driving me mad. Spaceflightnow is by far the best but the picture keeps freezing on me. Spacevidcast have great HD pictures but the presenters are drining me crazy, I wish they would just [EMAIL="f@8k"]f@8k[/EMAIL] off:mad:

and i am endeavouring to get Endeavour
    Back away from my orbiter:D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221639;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221641;image

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

looks like the clouds are building. and wind

It might come to pistols at dawn so Beeker as I always wanted the 'Latest model':)

I always end up just sticking with NASA TV except for the glorious launch of Ares 1-X,cos i got great fun listening to the two klutz on spaceflight now waffling on about Tribalelectrification :eek:

even funnier was the thought of LL in a sweat because 129 was sitting on the pad A:pac:

He whooped with joy when it did not explode,I thought Jeez for a rocket he does not respect it was kind of him to be glad for the poor eejits who worked on it all those years.

Course truth was he was just happy it did not explode and damage Atlantis:D

and the 20 minute hold has just kicked in.

• Advertisement

Just entered the T-20min hold
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221651;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221653;image

looks like the clouds are building. and wind
    Still OK for launch. Fingers crossed.:)

ha what a question . 'how has the countdown been going?'

i was waiting for him to say 19 mins and counting down.

fair weather clouds so .

It might come to pistols at dawn so Beeker as I always wanted the 'Latest model':)

I always end up just sticking with NASA TV except for the glorious launch of Ares 1-X,cos i got great fun listening to the two klutz on spaceflight now waffling on about Tribalelectrification :eek:

even funnier was the thought of LL in a sweat because 129 was sitting on the pad A:pac:

He whooped with joy when it did not explode,I thought Jeez for a rocket he does not respect it was kind of him to be glad for the poor eejits who worked on it all those years.

Course truth was he was just happy it did not explode and damage Atlantis:D

and the 20 minute hold has just kicked in.

That was scary stuff! Between the Ares and Atlas acting the maggot my nerves were shot!:eek::eek:

ha what a question . 'how has the countdown been going?'

i was waiting for him to say 19 mins and counting down.

fair weather clouds so .
    Just passed 16min and counting. Clock will hold again at T-9min for about 40min.

lord lucan wrote: »
    That was scary stuff! Between the Ares and Atlas acting the maggot my nerves were shot!:eek::eek:

The important thing is You gave us such fun!:D:D:D:D:D:D

The important thing is You gave us such fun!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Entertainment is my middle name.:D

T-9min and holding

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221661;image

Just ove 30min left in the hold and about 40 min to launch.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221663;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21594.0;attach=221665;image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will it be flying over Ireland after takeoff (and yes I know its too bright)?

• Advertisement

space station just passed over us.

i found a ball bearing..

mike65 wrote: »
    Will it be flying over Ireland after takeoff (and yes I know its too bright)?
    Yes it sure will at about 19:40 this evening but like you said too bright:(

I think there has just been a scrub?

i found a ball bearing..
    Oh oh............standby:(

Virtually in so many words it sounded like they have little hope of coming out of the T-9 hold?

No go for launch at this stage.

NASA TV has even cut away from live coverage:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It might launch later or later tomorrow, anyone know of any reserve launch times?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    It might launch later or later tomorrow, anyone know of any reserve launch times?
    18:54 tomorrow is the next attempt if today is scrubbed.

Advertisement