Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Fnz wrote: »
    The shape of the Mionix is a big selling point. When I was looking for a mouse, most of the reviews praised how good it felt in the hand.

If you're interested in it the picture may not convey that the entire section under the 3 additional buttons on the left of the mouse is actually made of rubber, nice on the thumb. The scroll wheel is also rubber.

There's also a curve near the top of the right side where the ring and little finger can sit nicely.

Three buttons on the side are very responsive and easy to be used by the thumb I find.Only button I feel is difficult to reach is the top one above the scroll wheel though I rarely if ever find myself needing to rebind them all.

That's just my opinion on owning it the last 6 months though.

Here's the UI:
    bc6830311810816.jpg ce2584311810827.jpg a10795311810839.jpg 9a4f1e311810855.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I read the buttons are a bit loose and rattly on the side though. That would put me off.

The new perixx MX-2000IIB is a great budget option as well. 5600dpi is already excessive. I never use the top dpi on it even with modifying the game and windows sensitivity. They do 8000dpi ones as well though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-MX-2000IIB-Programmable-Gaming-Laser/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393877529&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mx2000&tag=fczbkkcom04-21

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Looks nice, I'm a big fan of padded grips on the thumb.

I'm using a perixx PX-2000 keyboard, noisy thing but it's nice for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Gaming mouse fans might be interested in the new CM Storm Alcor, said to be similar to the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

€35 @ http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/mice-pads/alcor-gaming-mouse/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

i7-3770k used
    191.94€ (£160.00)
    + 5.51€ (£4.59) UK delivery

think it's a fair price

amazon.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Seaaan wrote: »
    Sorry for chat, but that was using Parcel Motel Northern Ireland address, so free shipping, so yeah around 350

parcel motel is a great service and all and have used it myself a few times, just a word of warning for relatively high value items like this, they only cover liability up to €100 as standard, so if it goes missing your are severely out of pocket

http://www.parcelmotel.com/liability.html

Its possible to extend liability to €500 for €3.50 though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

hare05 wrote: »
    Fixed. Now about £85.

I still have the option to buy it for the mentioned price. The seller should be Amazon. Did you check the "more buying options" on the right hand side of the webpage? [Link]
    Amazon Add to Cart
    £11.78 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details

Dispatch time is listed between 1-3 weeks.

Oh, and free delivery on orders above £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone ever used this website?

http://windows8sale.org/

Extremely cheap windows keys but I'm wary due to that exact fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

superg wrote: »
    Anyone ever used this website?

http://windows8sale.org/

Extremely cheap windows keys but I'm wary due to that exact fact!

Everything is out of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

That might be an issue alright! I'm following them on twitter, they tweet when they have keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

superg wrote: »
    That might be an issue alright! I'm following them on twitter, they tweet when they have keys.

reddit.com/r/softwareswap is where I'd go for Windows keys.
    People in big companies are sometimes provided with MSDN subscriptions that allow them to create a small number of legit keys for Microsoft products. I used to have one in my old job and it was super handy.
    You're not supposed to sell them though.

EDIT; /r/softwareswap has banned the sale of Microsoft keys.... lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

That's a no-go. Reddit recently banned the sale of MS products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

reddit.com/r/softwareswap is where I'd go for Windows keys.
    People in big companies are sometimes provided with MSDN subscriptions that allow them to create a small number of legit keys for Microsoft products. I used to have one in my old job and it was super handy.
    You're not supposed to sell them though.

EDIT; /r/softwareswap has banned the sale of Microsoft keys.... lame.
    Serephucus wrote: »
    That's a no-go. Reddit recently banned the sale of MS products.

r/microsoftsoftwareswap

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Brian wrote: »
    Gaming mouse fans might be interested in the new CM Storm Alcor, said to be similar to the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

€35 @ http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/mice-pads/alcor-gaming-mouse/

Very expensive delivery, approximately €25 :eek: Anyway of reducing the shipping cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

TheSegal wrote: »
    Very expensive delivery, approximately €25 :eek: Anyway of reducing the shipping cost?

Yup, you buy it from Amazon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

So I'm after something for streaming HD quality TV (NFL Gamepass) to my HDTV. Also need to be able to run the likes of Black VPN with ease. I shelled out €150 or so for a decent Minix android box last year but it never really worked. Resolution was rubbish with the android app. Much more inclined to go with something running Windows this time around and want to err on the side of a better spec than is strictly necessary. Considered getting the MacMini but it's pricey for what you get. Now leaning towards either getting a decent mini PC off the shelf or getting a custom built HTPC. Then I came across this: http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-500319na-desktop-pc/318304/307

Seems decent value for money to me??? What do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭PatL23

Im trying to figure out which motherboard i need for my i7 4790k build. Im wrecking my brain reading reviews on newegg but i still cant decide which one i want or the differences that equates to such big price variances.

Im looking at the top sellers on hardwareversand.

I was thinking of the Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H (€94.50) or ASUS H97-PLUS(€84.90)
    But then i see the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO(€174.90). I intend on overclocking but nothing major maybe 4.5ghz with an EVO 212 when it becomes necessary, hopefully wont needed yet!

What are the differences in these motherboards? Or which motherboard would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭PatL23

Cant save an edited post for some reason.

Meant to say i was looking at the ASRock Z97 Pro4 (98.69) too. I will be pairing what ever motherboard with 16gb ram and a gtx970 if that makes any difference to my choices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

If you're going for the new Devil's Canyon processors, you'd be best getting a z97 board like what you have said. The ASRock Z97 Pro4 would do the job perfectly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Almost all Z87 boards support Devil's Canyon chips too. But if you don't have one already get a Z97.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    So I'm after something for streaming HD quality TV (NFL Gamepass) to my HDTV. Also need to be able to run the likes of Black VPN with ease. I shelled out €150 or so for a decent Minix android box last year but it never really worked. Resolution was rubbish with the android app. Much more inclined to go with something running Windows this time around and want to err on the side of a better spec than is strictly necessary. Considered getting the MacMini but it's pricey for what you get. Now leaning towards either getting a decent mini PC off the shelf or getting a custom built HTPC. Then I came across this: http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-500319na-desktop-pc/318304/307

Seems decent value for money to me??? What do ye reckon?

I've been running NFL Gamepass from a cheap Dell laptop for a few years. It's hooked up to main TV in living room and runs it at max quality with no problems using Intel integrated graphics. I think it's a mobile i5 CPU but it must be four years old by now.

For good streaming you just want a solid internet connection, best to avoid wifi if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Was put off after finding some reports of the VTX3D 280 being noisy.

Yep poor cooler.

Yep poor cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I but the cheap 290 tri-x on Amazon through flubit brought it down to 203 sterling which ain't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Came here to post that but seems you're way ahead of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Trying to use that Hardwareversand discount of VV7N451RUU, but when I apply it on my basket, I get the following error

The voucher VV7N451RUU was created for a special customer. Maybe you have another user account.

Anyone successfully used this before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Haven't seen a good deal on graphics cards at all over the last couple weeks :( No games for me until I get one

Advertisement