Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Maybe Lu Tze was referring to the VAT and conversion charges:
    VAT: 270/1.2 x 1.23 = 276.75
    Typical rate of 1.75% for conversion: 276.75 x 1.0175 = 281.593125.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

And no, there isn't anything around at the moment that's cheaper GB/€. That's your best bet if you're looking for a high capacity drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

and here was me thinking i was going to get my bank balance sorted this month :pac:

when do the evos launch?

They're out already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

If I can off my M4 for ~65 quid, I might grab a 256 gig Evo. I might use the opportunity to upgrade Windows, too, if I can get a Win 8 upgrade for ~€15. Are there any options for that?

A 2 generation + capacity upgrade + Win 8 for less than a hunrdred euro (including 65 of selling old SSD) is probably worth it, IMO.

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    If I can off my M4 for ~65 quid, I might grab a 256 gig Evo. I might use the opportunity to upgrade Windows, too, if I can get a Win 8 upgrade for ~€15. Are there any options for that?

A 2 generation + capacity upgrade + Win 8 for less than a hunrdred euro (including 65 of selling old SSD) is probably worth it, IMO.

cheapest ive seen win8 is £50 for the Pro edition havent seen any prices for home premium though

my pc is getting pretty expensive now with an evo and a 780 still to add and thats before i include audio stuff and wattercooling to the mix

NTMK wrote: »
    cheapest ive seen win8 is £50 for the Pro edition havent seen any prices for home premium though

my pc is getting pretty expensive now with an evo and a 780 still to add and thats before i include audio stuff and wattercooling to the mix
    Weren't there 7 ---> 8 upgrades going for only 15 quid at one point? I really can't justify spending another 70 plus euro on a fecking operating system.

Weren't there 7 ---> 8 upgrades going for only 15 quid at one point? I really can't justify spending another 70 plus euro on a fecking operating system.

gone since january i think and everyone that bought them are selling them at the going rate

Ah. I'll keep an eye out, I'm sure something will pop up.

You'd imagine though... with people selling off upgrades... that they're not worth it?

I've been toying with Win8 as well. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I'll be picking up a laptop for college, and it'll come with Win8 anyway. I'm thinking I'll stick with that, and if I can make it acceptable, then I might upgrade my desktop. I don't have a massive need either way though. It always just ends up being the case that there's always better things to spend €50 on.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    You'd imagine though... with people selling off upgrades... that they're not worth it?

I've been toying with Win8 as well. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I'll be picking up a laptop for college, and it'll come with Win8 anyway. I'm thinking I'll stick with that, and if I can make it acceptable, then I might upgrade my desktop. I don't have a massive need either way though. It always just ends up being the case that there's always better things to spend €50 on.

Its more to do with making a profit a lot of people bought 4-5 keys knowing they'll go up to £50 for £15 and are now selling them for £45 and eveyone is selling them for that so theres little movement on price

i cant blame them i would have done it myself if i had the cash to do so

I had to go to win8 as i no longer have my key to win7 handy and its still being used on my old rig

I bought a copy of win8 for €45 and upgraded from an unactivated copy of win7

Its perfectly usuable when start8 is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Serephucus wrote: »

I've been toying with Win8 as well.

Think you may have mentioned starting a course in D.I.T ?

If so there should be a free copy of Win 7 & 8 waiting for you on Dreamspark.

I completely forgot about that, thanks! I'm not actually registered yet, so I don't have a college email to use, but that's very handy to know, cheers.

Dreamspark will only give you a free copy of Win 7/8 if your college is specifically signed up for that. Although if you're doing a computing course, the chances are that your department will have it at least.
    However, you can always download the server versions regardless of the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Yep D.I.T school of computing is a premium Dreamspark member. Office is the only piece of software you cant get for free :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Preorder, I think it is today only, 670 GTX for only inc VAT from Overclockers. I don't even with this price.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-299-AS

Ordered last night and shipped just there.

Impressive Overclockers, most impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BloodBath wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post stuff from adverts.ie here but I noticed this and it's a bargain. Totally worth the full asking price.

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/insane-gaming-pc-filled-with-games/3585594

Love a bitta blatant piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Digy123 wrote: »
    Found this and thought it may interest a few people here :)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/action/complete-gta-bundle/

Grand Theft Auto III

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes From Liberty City
    All for 12 euro :)

I have most of these already, but i would pay €12 again if they implemented xbox controller support for the older titles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Amazing!

Great price alright! I really really wanted to buy the 2 of them but couldn't stretch to it this week....:(

There's some really good deals on dabs seconds. Didn't someone buy a 27'' monitor from there recently and it was near perfect and quite cheap?
    I'd buy that 670 now if I was in need of a new card, or if I knew someone that did right now. Hopefully someone who will actually use it gets it as opposed to a reseller.

• Advertisement

My Amazon converter pulls up €235.
    If you are buying pay in Sterling and let us know ;)

Just worked it out roughly in my head. Got a used GTX 670 for £150 this morning so won't be picking it up but had this been 24 hours ago I'd have been all over it.

Edit: Just checked and its about 240 euro.

That 7950 for 200 pounds is fantastic value. That's the 7950 with the best cooler for sure. With the highe VAT rate that puts the price at around €240 in my view.

I don't have the money on me now to pay for that :( I think I would though. With that cooler and an Accelero on the "hotter" card in a CF setup I would have some serious juice with heavy overclocking.

I think if 7950s continue dropping in price, CF might be the way to go. It would allow me to transition over to 1440p then if I needed up getting such a monitor.

Nice ninja edit Gumbi!!:P

I'm in love with the Asus DirectCU II.
    It is so quiet compared to my old one and the temps are <75 in the benches.

I'm in love with the Asus DirectCU II.
    It is so quiet compared to my old one and the temps are <75 in the benches.

Overclocked temps I assume? Is that the V2 one? Because the V1 had mounting issues (hurting cooling A LOT) and no VRM cooling. The V2 (which is the one on Amazon right now) fixes this issue and has excellent VEM cooling and design.

Would you ever be interested in selling it? :P

Yeah, overclocked.

Here's the card on Overclockers

Haven't touched the voltages though.

If you gimmie 300 I'd be interested... :p

Yeah, overclocked.

Haven't touched the voltages though.

If you gimmie 300 I'd be interested... :p

Sorry buddy, they're ~240 on Amazon :P

Is it voltage unlocked? Can you tell me the stock voltage, your current OC settings? How hot does it get running through, say, Heaven/Valley? What's your ASIC score and hot hot do your VRMs get?

Thanks! :)

So seriously, no chance of me getting that card? ;)

Scratch all that, I thought you were talking about a 7950! Lol. You gt an awesome deal there :)

Scratch all that, I thought you were talking about a 7950! Lol. You gt an awesome deal there :)

Hah, grand. I was dreading another night of overclocking :p

This price war is getting serious between AMD and nVidia. A 7950 for 175 pounds! That's amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

This price war is getting serious between AMD and nVidia. A 7950 for 175 pounds! That's amazing.

It certainly has,really cant decide if i should sell my 7970 now before it devalues any more.

Edited the post to add games bundle.:D

Advertisement