Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Danger781 wrote: »
    Haven't seen a good deal on graphics cards at all over the last couple weeks :( No games for me until I get one

Adverts is flooded of some very decent cards at a reasonable price

Few examples:

http://www.adverts.ie/6996985

http://www.adverts.ie/6992239

http://www.adverts.ie/6962724

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Trying to use that Hardwareversand discount of VV7N451RUU, but when I apply it on my basket, I get the following error

The voucher VV7N451RUU was created for a special customer. Maybe you have another user account.

Anyone successfully used this before?

Yes, I did, hence why I posted it. I friend of mine did too yesterday, no problems at all. Minimum spend is 400 euro I think on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

darconio wrote: »
    Adverts is flooded of some very decent cards at a reasonable price

Few examples:

http://www.adverts.ie/6996985

http://www.adverts.ie/6992239

http://www.adverts.ie/6962724

they are that price new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Yes, I did, hence why I posted it. I friend of mine did too yesterday, no problems at all. Minimum spend is 400 euro I think on this.

That's weird. I had €763 value in my basket and was still unable to use it.
    I found another code for €10 off orders over 100, and ended up using that one.

Contacted hardwareversand and they said they can't explain why the voucher is not working. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Nolars wrote: »
    they are that price new?

Yes, hence the reason why they are good deals: based on the market price you can always make a lower offer in Adverts

The links I posted are new items

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's weird. I had €763 value in my basket and was still unable to use it.
    I found another code for €10 off orders over 100, and ended up using that one.

Contacted hardwareversand and they said they can't explain why the voucher is not working. :(

That's a bit off colour. 'We don't know why but we're not going to honor it'

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

When something says 'usually ships within 1 to 2 months' on Amazon, does it really mean it will take this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Sometimes, yeah. I have seen stuff come faster though. They're covering themselves with that timeframe. If you want something guaranteed Christmas delivery, I wouldn't risk it if it was essential to be on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Some good deals to be made on adverts:http://www.adverts.ie/6997173
    Dont know how he does it, but once there is like 10 comments about ridiculous price, he just delete them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

twinsen wrote: »
    Dont know how he does it, but once there is like 10 comments about ridiculous price, he just delete them all.

Wow, that is shady. That card is 380 euro delivered from Amazon new...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gumbi wrote: »

I never get involved in an advert unless im interested but i couldnt resist, he is taking the piss.

Dcully wrote: »
    I never get involved in an advert unless im interested but i couldnt resist, he is taking the piss.
    Definitely. I even checked often-more-expensive sites like Pixmania to see what those cards were going for -385 euro. Up to 400 I would let slide but 445 is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Dcully wrote: »

No way skully you got it all wrong, he is one of the good guys. There was no way he was going to sell a dead dead gpu.

Small print...Not at these awesome profit margins. is his surname name Maplin?

.Maybe he is using the extra 100 euro to build a bigger wall to keep out nosey neighbours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I just reported him. Under Adverts rules he can't sell above RRP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Reported too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Serephucus wrote: »
    I just reported him. Under Adverts rules he can't sell above RRP.

That rule changed a while ago. As long as it's not tickets you can sell something at whatever price you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Really? Damn. My bad. Still, your man was being a bit of a ****...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I love the way it was brand new in box AND tested. It's either one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Not to worry Serephucus .
    I have a feeling 3 ghosts might be paying him a visit this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

I love the way it was brand new in box AND tested. It's either one or the other.

Nah man, he just plugged two 6-pins into the side of the box it came in, assumed that there was no fan spin at low gpu usage and so it's tested. Don't question the mans magic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭Nollog

twinsen wrote: »

The gamestop of adverts - "why are you commenting on my advert ? Are you interested in buying my item or are you just going around giving your 'thoughts' on every bodies ads? If you don't like the price simply ignore the advert, maybe you should put a Gtx 970 up for sale at a lower price than mine if you are so interested in equality for all."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Maybe we should start a thread specifically to warn about dodgy dealers that should be avoided.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Gumbi wrote: »

They're about €340 at the moment with free UK shipping. I'm not sure if that includes shipping to IE, so possibly add a few euros for parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Maybe we should start a thread specifically to warn about dodgy dealers that should be avoided.

Think that was tried before but was shut down. Witch hunting yadda yadda.

It sucks that the removed the rule about over RRP selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Korvanica wrote: »
    Think that was tried before but was shut down. Witch hunting yadda yadda.

It sucks that the removed the rule about over RRP selling.

Probably outrageously hard to enforce. Plus Adverts would be setting themselves up for complaints if someone bought a product over RRP on a site where that shouldn't happen.

stevenmu wrote: »
    They're about €340 at the moment with free UK shipping. I'm not sure if that includes shipping to IE, so possibly add a few euros for parcel motel.

Not from what i can see. Ball park is 275 - 295 on the most common sites (Amazon, Pixmania etc.). Either way 445 is still a crazy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

20 euro off Hardwareversand orders over 400 this month with voucher: VV7N451RUU

Getting this error

i.imgur.com/TahYIgE.png

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most likely its a unique code linked to Cherrys account that only he can use.

ED E wrote: »
    Most likely its a unique code linked to Cherrys account that only he can use.

Definitely not, I got it off a german voucher site :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Definitely not, I got it off a german voucher site :)

Have you tried it? I emailed them last night but haven't received a response.

Advertisement