Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 26th February 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that's some laugh shane has:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I find the fact that he is consistently drunk on every interview is just insulting.

Why??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

ragg wrote: »
    Man I love Shane McGowan - but he is degenerating more and more every time i see him - I hope im wrong, but i doubt he has more then a year or two left :(

TBH I think most of it is put on. He was only supposed to have a few years left 20 years ago and to be honest if the was drinking as much as is made out he'd be dead years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

I wish she would wash her hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

another bad nite of rubbish jim mcdaid even if he is a 3rd cousin of mine hes still a FF twat that cant drive even when sober...
    and why is RTE showing repeats all the time?? its an insult there taken €160 quid off us to see crap after crap..now weres my window..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Shane macgowan is soooo durnk right now :pac:

Right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why??

The guy is a guest on the show. Would you expect a guest to show up drunk to your house. And he's a messy drunk. At least Oliver Reed still maintained a level of decorum. I just think it shows a lack of respect for the show and the viewers.

Jaysus Mary Coughlan is HUGE. I bet there's a fight in the green room over the bottle of vodka before the night is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

mary must be 50yr by now, she was old when i was 20, that was 20 yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

That is the worst laugh ever!! :eek: Is he related to Mutterly? :D

mutterly.JPG

TBH I think most of it is put on. He was only supposed to have a few years left 20 years ago and to be honest if the was drinking as much as is made out he'd be dead years ago.

I'd agree with you for the most part, especially a few years ago - more so, when he is on stage, xmas eve in the olympia a few years ago he was immense, lucid and on top form - but he was throwing in contrived stumbles etc...

Tonight the guy is in bits, not coherent in anyway. You can tell he hasn't been sober for a long long time. I wish him all the best, and i really admire all the **** he's come through - but right now, he has literally got no future....

• Advertisement

The guy is a guest on the show. Would you expect a guest to show up drunk to your house. And he's a messy drunk. At least Oliver Reed still maintained a level of decorum. I just think it shows a lack of respect for the show and the viewers.

Jaysus Mary Coughlan is HUGE. I bet there's a fight in the green room over the bottle of vodka before the night is out.
    Mary's off it a while now (the drink I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,955 ✭✭✭✭walshb

From one drunk, MaGowan, to another, Coughlan, and the drunk sings like a drunk too. Oh, good old Friday nites

That is the worst laugh ever!! :eek: Is he related to Mutterly? :D

mutterly.JPG

ha ha sounds just like it...

casio4 wrote: »
    Mary's off it a while now (the drink I mean)

ah yeah, I heard her on with Marian Finucane. She used to drink two bottles of vodka a day. Lost her house, trouble with the banks etc etc.. It's actually an interesting interview and is up on podcast.

I think you are seeing someone in the terminal stages of a disease, not someone for your entertainment.
    you need to realise that Shane is a recluse and has been for a long time - the only way they could trot him out for a tv appearance, was because it was for charity.

Can someone tell me what the Minister for Enterprise and Employment was doing singing on the Late Late.
    No wonder the country's going to sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

tech77 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the Minister for Enterprise and Employment was doing singing on the Late Late.
    No wonder the country's going to sh1t.

So her bad singing is at fault for the state of the economy. :rolleyes: That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this site.

Jaysus dont tell me Nuala Carey is still whoring herself around looking for a bloke. She was on Mooney's show and he couldnt find her one (spose the fact that he would be competing with her wouldnt help).

So her bad singing is at fault for the state of the economy. :rolleyes: That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this site.

Mary Coughlan (singer) after two bottles of vodka would do a better job than Mary Coughlan (supposed politician). Even MacGown would do a better job ffs.

I think you are seeing someone in the terminal stages of a disease, not someone for your entertainment.
    you need to realise that Shane is a recluse and has been for a long time - the only way they could trot him out for a tv appearance, was because it was for charity.
    how many times has shane been on the LLS? are you telling me they were charity appearances?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Breffeny is sooooooo cute/

/not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I didn't realise when he was hissing like a snake on Victoria's vegetable programme it was an appearance for charity.

Tell us more......

Jaysus dont tell me Nuala Carey is still whoring herself around looking for a bloke. She was on Mooney's show and he couldnt find her one (spose the fact that he would be competing with her wouldnt help).

Nuala Carey god shes a fine lass hmm very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Breff: "Because he sobers up"

Greatest moment of Tub's tenure.

Women are just too picky nowadays. What happened to the good old days when the big turnip headed farmer in the village had a shot at the best looking girl.

Nuala Carey is an example. What does she expect, she's not gorgeous and she's not particularly engaging personality wise? I think she needs to take a quick realistic look at things and lower her standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nuala Carey is an example. What does she expect, she's not gorgeous and she's not particularly engaging personality wise? I think she needs to take a quick realistic look at things and lower her standards.

couldnt agree more mate.

Don't you think moonlighting as a singer could be distracting for a Minister, especially in a time of economic crisis.

/i am aware they are merely namesakes.
    I just wanna see where this is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

K4t wrote: »
    Breff: "Because he sobers up"

Greatest moment of Tub's tenure.

Yeah seriously. Tubs was loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭philboy

Nuala Carey is a pain in the hole

WTF is she on about rings for. Readin too much in to things. I cudn't listen to her for 5 mins. Prob cudn't get a word in anyways, she loves the sound of her own voice.

• Advertisement

Women are just too picky nowadays. What happened to the good old days when the big turnip headed farmer in the village had a shot at the best looking girl.

i'd say a big turnip headed farmer would be a good catch nowadays at least he has a job:D

Advertisement