Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 26th February 2010

Options
  • 26-02-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭

The guests due to join presenter Ryan Tubridy on 'The Late Late Show' this week have been announced.

Shane MacGowan and Victoria Clarke will be dropping in to talk about their charity single 'I Put A Spell On You', released to raise funds for Haiti. The single features Nick Cave, Johnny Depp and Bobby Gillespie.

Broadcaster Eamon Dunphy will be appearing on the show with his daughter Collette, whose five-year-old son Braiden was born with a heart condition. The pair are due to talk about the effects of hospital cutbacks.

Former Government Minister Jim McDaid will also be appearing on the show, to talk about the highs and lows of his controversial political career. There will also be musical performances from Eddi Reader and Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What odds on Dunphy to cry again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

That's a fairly lame line-up tbh.
    Hoping to rehash the Brendan Gleeson moment perhaps?

Noble intentions I'm sure with the charidee single but trying to entice people to watch by tacking on the names of who sang on it smacks of desperation.

This show is teetering on the brink I fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Minstrel27 wrote: »

ya i was thinking that. im sure he will spout out the usual muck bla bla bla the government, bla bla hes off crying. yawn. crap show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,958 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's the same guests every ****ing time. They just roll them out and roll them in and roll them out. Dunphy's been on the Late Late numerous times, last week it was Dunne, who I think has been on THREE ****ing times with Tubridy alone? Dunphy to cry crocodile tears yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

MacGowan , McDaid and Dunphy - wow hope they have the green room well stocked up. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Shane is okay, but I guess his lady will be doing most of the coherant chatting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dunno why the rest of ye are being so negative. I'm going to get cans and set myself up for another enjoyable evening of Tubridy / FF / RTE / The establishment bashing :-)
    What odds on MacGowan being out of his bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Possible appearance of Crystal Swing?

http://twitter.com/RTELateLateShow/status/9673755373

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Beezkneez!

Green room would wanna be well stocked up for sure - McDaid, Dunphy and McGowan - thats gonna be some session afterwards.
    Decent line-up alright.
    Now if they could get rid of Tubridy, God he wrecks my head.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Can we have a show that's not about politics or the health system just for one week.

• Advertisement

Beezkneez! wrote: »
    Green room would wanna be well stocked up for sure - McDaid, Dunphy and McGowan - thats gonna be some session afterwards.

LOL. I think youre right, the liquor cabinet wont have taken such a hit since Oliver Reed was on.

walshb wrote: »
    It's the same guests every ****ing time. They just roll them out and roll them in and roll them out. Dunphy's been on the Late Late numerous times, last week it was Dunne, who I think has been on THREE ****ing times with Tubridy alone? Dunphy to cry crocodile tears yet again!

same as brendan o'carroll, hes great but how many times. lads is it just me or is the new set so dark and depressing. i F***ING HATE IT. who desined it, its pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

RTE Shows - Promoting Other RTE Shows.

Thats my new logo for the national broadcaster.

I'd love to see some reruns of the old Gay Byrne shows from years back, to see if they too were just a promotional tool for other RTE personalities or if there was real quality in those shows. My memory was that Byrne had guests of genuine interest on a regular basis. To be fair, he was a much more versatile interviewer than Tubridy (and thats not a slight against Tubridy, Byrne was one of the best TV interviewers of all time in any country imho) and therefore got more from the interviewees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Possible appearance of Crystal Swing?

http://twitter.com/RTELateLateShow/status/9673755373

If they were good I would be excited. Sadly I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon in their company not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,952 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

A hardly inspiring line up of Guests, with all due respects to Dunphy's grandchild, do we really need his whining yet again. This show is just appalling and Turbidy's reign to date has been a disaster, I certainly won't be tuning in, although i have to admit, i would like to see Jim Mc Daid, not that i give a **** about a failed politician, but he is usually good for letting his tongue slip!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Bill2673 wrote: »
    RTE Shows - Promoting Other RTE Shows.

Thats my new logo for the national broadcaster.

I'd love to see some reruns of the old Gay Byrne shows from years back, to see if they too were just a promotional tool for other RTE personalities or if there was real quality in those shows. My memory was that Byrne had guests of genuine interest on a regular basis. To be fair, he was a much more versatile interviewer than Tubridy (and thats not a slight against Tubridy, Byrne was one of the best TV interviewers of all time in any country imho) and therefore got more from the interviewees.

how i loved Gay. used to love when he used to have Dermot Morgan or Lenny Henry on. remember the craic they used to have. classic. and the desk Gay used to have. loved it all back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Yet another poor line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The guests due to join presenter Ryan Tubridy on 'The Late Late Show' this week have been announced.

Shane MacGowan and Victoria Clarke will be dropping in to talk about their charity single 'I Put A Spell On You', released to raise funds for Haiti. The single features Nick Cave, Johnny Depp and Bobby Gillespie.

Broadcaster Eamon Dunphy will be appearing on the show with his daughter Collette, whose five-year-old son Braiden was born with a heart condition. The pair are due to talk about the effects of hospital cutbacks.

Former Government Minister Jim McDaid will also be appearing on the show, to talk about the highs and lows of his controversial political career. There will also be musical performances from Eddi Reader and Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Move on folks.....nothing to see here........

Gilbert O'Sullivan

hey I didnt see this first time. Worth watching the show for this alone. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

hey I didnt see this first time. Worth watching the show for this alone. :-)
    he has new music out so don't expect to hear any of the favourites his new stuff isn't great

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    he has new music out so don't expect to hear any of the favourites his new stuff isn't great

Yeah, I agree. he is unlikely to play the hits. I heard some of his new stuff and it wasnt too bad. Hard for a real artist to get a look in these days with the hold that Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell and the Corrigan Brothers have on the music industry.

That "fateful night" in 2005 is the night Jim McDaid drove down the motorway (N7) the wrong way after a day's drinking at the punchestown races.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0427/mcdaidj.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought shane got his teeth done where are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Shane macgowan is soooo durnk right now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm getting drunk just from watching McGowan...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

what happend to shanes teeth? thought he got false ones.

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought shane got his teeth done where are they?

I think he's takes them out when he's drinking so that they dont get corroded by the alcohol. I find the fact that he is consistently drunk on every interview is just insulting.

"Shane doesnt have a mobile phone".. Shure it's hard enough to understand him in person, never mind over a mobile phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Man I love Shane McGowan - but he is degenerating more and more every time i see him - I hope im wrong, but i doubt he has more then a year or two left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

He's laugh will give me nightmares!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

oh god his laugh, bloody snake.

Advertisement