Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jigglypuff used: O.T.B 2.1

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I gave you a dig out but I didn't at all feel comfortably about it.

Edit: Just watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode.
    Nope, I'm definitely not a brony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I couldn't +1 that. I'm not gonna go against it, but I couldn't support a forum for a show I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Denny M wrote: »
    Yeah, I couldn't +1 that. I'm not gonna go against it, but I couldn't support a forum for a show I hate.

But why do you hate it? I genuinely can't understand it, and no one's ever given me an actual reason.
    Banjo wrote: »
    Am I a Brony? Maybe. For one thing I'm braiding princess celestia's hair right now. It's really therapeutic. I don't like the way they've sexed up the toys though. I mean, I don't routinely make sweaty love to pegasunicorns but the day I start I'll be on her like smog on LA. And that upsets me.

You have my axe...

You mean the sex Lyra? That was a joke, ya know. It's a cosplay purse :P
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Just watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode.
    Nope, I'm definitely not a brony.

Ah now. The first 2 episodes are awful, you just need them for the backstory. Don't judge it by that.

I'M NOT WATCHING MLP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My opinion of this has decisively influenced by the comedy button :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I'M NOT WATCHING MLP!!

DO IT!!!

Its full of magic(MAGIC) and Rainbows(RAINBOWS) and lets not forget the most important thing FRIENDSHIP!!(FRIENDSHIP)

The repeat of words is for our colour blind friends like Arawn.

I prefare cartoons with blood, swords and fast cars.
    Pokémon is my exception to the rule. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Urizen wrote: »
    But why do you hate it? I genuinely can't understand it, and no one's ever given me an actual reason.
    There is just nothing about the show I like, the characters don't appeal to me, I don't like ponies in real life, never mind ones with magical powers in a cartoon. Like Cian said, pokemon is the only exception really (and we don't have many ponies in it :P). Also, I listen to a lot of metal music, the chances of me liking it were always going to be slim (at best).

And some of the bronies I've met have just creeped the bejesus out of me.

There is just nothing about the show I like, the characters don't appeal to me, I don't like ponies in real life, never mind ones with magical powers in a cartoon. Like Cian said, pokemon is the only exception really (and we don't have many ponies in it :P). Also, I listen to a lot of metal music, the chances of me liking it were always going to be slim (at best).

And some of the bronies I've met have just creeped the bejesus out of me.

My music taste is mostly metal too. Same with a lot of bronies I know. But the show is just inexplicably awesome. And we want us a forum. Still, your taste is your taste, is cool :D

Although I will fully agree that some bronies are creepy as hell. I swear, the r34 guys are just plain crimes against nature, IMO. But we aren't all like that, I can assure you :P

Give us some examples then, if it's so great.

Keep in mind though, you're preaching to the wrong choir.

• Advertisement

Give us some examples then, if it's so great.

Keep in mind though, you're preaching to the wrong choir.

Right so. Prepare for links!

To start, the actual show. Thankfully, Hasbro allow them all to be put up on YouTube, so I can actually post them :D

This episode is my personal favourite, 'Luna Eclipsed', from season 2. Maybe not the best episode, but it contains Princess Luna, who is epic princess of epicness. Link

Anther good episode is 'Sonic Rainboom' from season 1. A Rainbow Dash episode, and one of the best known. Link

As for the fandom, here's my favourite original song, 'Loyalty' by Acoustic Brony and Mandopony. Good old rock. Link

For a more metal feeling, here's PrinceWhateverer with 'Taking Flight', a song about the elite pegasus group, the Wonderbolts. Link

The comics and art are best showcased by actually looking at it over time. But here's a link to my own DeviantArt, have a look through my favourites. That should give a broad idea. Even though it's not all ponies. Link

Finally, here's a fan trailer for the series, taking a more serious tone than the show itself. Just to show that it is, in fact, awesome. And this kind of editing talent runs through the whole fanbase. Link

That should give a pretty decent view of how I, at least, see the show. Hopefully it'll help ya'll understand. :D

My music taste is mostly metal too. Same with a lot of bronies I know. But the show is just inexplicably awesome. And we want us a forum. Still, your taste is your taste, is cool :D

Although I will fully agree that some bronies are creepy as hell. I swear, the r34 guys are just plain crimes against nature, IMO. But we aren't all like that, I can assure you :P
    tbf, r34 is creepy when it comes to most things O_O

tbf, r34 is creepy when it comes to most things O_O

I'm sure you meant ALL things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

While you're here, my daughter is a fan of the toys rather than the show (thank christ! Adventure Time all the way in my house!) but she has one Pony who doesn't seem to appear on any of the brochures - she's purpley pink with purple hair, has tiny wings and isn't Twilight Sparkle. She came with a little clip-on cart and a small animal to put in it. Any idea who it is?

BTW, I don't know what a sex lyra is, and I'm not going to google it to find out. I'm just talking about the way they gave the Princess Celestia toy Veronica Lake hair and come-to-bed eyes.

While you're here, my daughter is a fan of the toys rather than the show (thank christ! Adventure Time all the way in my house!) but she has one Pony who doesn't seem to appear on any of the brochures - she's purpley pink with purple hair, has tiny wings and isn't Twilight Sparkle. She came with a little clip-on cart and a small animal to put in it. Any idea who it is?

BTW, I don't know what a sex lyra is, and I'm not going to google it to find out. I'm just talking about the way they gave the Princess Celestia toy Veronica Lake hair and come-to-bed eyes.

Well, that'll be one of the brushables. They do a lot of random ponies in that, they don't appear in the show. But what you described sounds like Rainbowshine. What's her cutie mark?

The sex Lyra was a plush with a hole in the back. It was meant as a cosplay purse thing, but the creator made a joke about it being for... Other things. Went viral, since people can't take a joke :P

And THAT'S how Equestria was made!

Well, that'll be one of the brushables. They do a lot of random ponies in that, they don't appear in the show. But what you described sounds like Rainbowshine. What's her cutie mark?
    ****, you really are into this. I thought this was just some sort of elaborate joke! Oh god, and I'm encouraging it...

But when its all in good fun whats the harm in it? I say let the Bronys roam free and just let them do what they want to do.

****, you really are into this. I thought this was just some sort of elaborate joke! Oh god, and I'm encouraging it...

I've been customising the miniature ponies and selling them. You remember a pony after you spend an hour cutting its hair off and resculpting it :P
    You also learn to hate them a little bit...
    SamIAmNot wrote: »
    But when its all in good fun whats the harm in it? I say let the Bronys roam free and just let them do what they want to do.

If only the rest of the internet would listen...

Adding a Charmander and Charmeleon to the Charizard on my leg on Monday :D

I know that shouldn't be awesome, but it really is :D

• Advertisement

Be sure and take a photo and show us how it turns out!

Well bah humbug. Went into the tattoo place, turns out their machine had broken last week, so they are waiting for a new one to come in, and they aren't sure when that will be :(

I might be getting my tattoo on Tuesday, assuming things don't got badly again :D

Triple post! Charmeleon: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524397_3728055839151_274077741_n.jpg

I'll add the pic of Charmander when I can.

The encroachment of hair top and bottom, combined with some lens bulge makes that look like a testicle. In which case kudos to you young man, that must have REALLY hurt, but it's probably worth it to be able to say to the ladies "do you want to see my Pokéball?"

Not a testicle, it's the back of my leg, I have pretty hairy legs :P

Advertisement