Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jigglypuff used: O.T.B 2.1

Options
  • 25-02-2010 12:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In order to try save the forum from fainting, I, much like Team Rocket, have come up with a nefarious plan and decided to start another one of these off topic/general chit chat threads. Anyone is welcome to post and the only rule is to keep it friendly :)

*idea completely original and totally not stolen from tattoos & piercings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

In order to try save the forum from fainting

It's not that bad... Activity recently hasn't been the best, but it's still better than other forums I sub to! (like Halo and Eve Online...)

Plus we're all (well all except me who is satisfied with the Jap version!) still waiting for HG/SS :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to carry around my Pokewalker without my wife or workmates noticing it...

Here, can someone recommend me a team for Emerald story mode? I'm headed towards the 4th Gym (just left the town with the 2nd Battle Tent) and trying only to catch and train 6 pokemon so I don't get bogged down in trying to keep 200 of the little buggers at the same level. So I ended up with a Mudkip, a Ralts, a Lotad, a Taillow, an Aron and a Mantyke with a Nincada for Flash and Cut and a Marill for Rock Smash and Strength, as required. Worked out ok so far with all the bug, rock and water types getting beaten down with ease... But it turns out Lotads are ****e. Any suggestions of what I should be using to get me to the finish line in as short a time as possible, assuming that whatever it is I have to catch it in the game at my current level?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Banjo wrote: »
    Here, can someone recommend me a team for Emerald story mode? I'm headed towards the 4th Gym (just left the town with the 2nd Battle Tent) [...] So I ended up with a Mudkip, a Ralts, a Lotad, a Taillow, an Aron and a Mantyke with a Nincada for Flash and Cut and a Marill for Rock Smash and Strength, as required.?[...]

I'd suggest dropping the Lotad and maybe picking up a Roselia instead? Lotad are quite ****e indeed, and seeing as you already have a Water-type in your Mudkip. And maybe drop the Mantyke as well. Water really isn't the greatest later on as you'll be having trouble with the later boss fights.

Also run on ahead a bit to the Fiery Path and grab a Fire-type.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It's not that bad... Activity recently hasn't been the best, but it's still better than other forums I sub to! (like Halo and Eve Online...)

Plus we're all (well all except me who is satisfied with the Jap version!) still waiting for HG/SS :P

Yeah but just to try keep the conversational juices flowing before it becomes dead :)

I have the Jap versions too but I still want to wait for the English versions. It's just not the same when you can't read what's going on :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to carry around my Pokewalker without my wife or workmates noticing it...

Get a secret pocket put in all of your clothes, sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

*idea completely original and totally not stolen from tattoos & piercings.

orly.gif

Damn straight Damo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yeaay!
    I love these threads, I rarely post in anything other than O.T.B. in T&P anymore. haha

I'm going hiking in the snow tomorrow and I just bought loads of things for mountaineering. Wahey!
    That means I don't have my nose pierced though, which was that original plan... Wahh:mad:

Lol :P

Yay and boourns :(

I asked my mam about my nose and she said she'll think about it =/ (I have a deal with her no facial piercings until I'm 18, but can get whatever on my ears)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh hai.

;)

• Advertisement

I see you've decided to join us

I see you've decided to join us

Ah sure might aswell.

Mr. Burns FTW. This reminds me that I haven't seen The Simpsons in... years. Well. Last year. The episode when they came to Ireland was the last one I seen I think. Damn not having any TV channels in college :/

:eek:

Like 0 channels?

:eek:

Like 0 channels?

Yup. There's no reception in our apartment. They said someone would come fix it ages ago but they never did :(

That's just a tad mental, I need a bit of TV.

When are you 18?
    My mam and dad never really cared about what I get pierced. Mam still thinks I'm mad for stretching my ears though. haha

Damn! I'm on the computer nearly all the time, but I do like the tv on in the background.

May, so not long now :D My mam would sooner me get a tattoo than a piercing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Get a tattoo on your face. Of a nose/lip ring. See how she feels about facial piercings that can be taken out for family occassions then....

Get upside down crossed on your face.
    She'll love them. :)

Haha, I should get face tattoos. I wonder how she'd react. Hmmmm.....

How is everyone this Friday? I for one am very tired. I had a nap earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Is partyatmygaff here?!!!

...Awww guess not :(

• Advertisement

He posted once, but that was about it. Ask the Admins to make a site announcement :pac:

Haha... I wish! :pac:

The Den has been taken over by the young 'uns.

I feel intimidated.

Haha... I wish! :pac:

:P Put something in your sig about it

Hotaru wrote: »

I feel intimidated.

It's okay we're all older sensible trainers here.

It's okay we're all older sensible trainers here.

Thank God. I was getting a bit scared reading over the last 6-7 pages of banter :p

How's you this evening?

Hotaru wrote: »

I feel intimidated.

thanks, i feel real loved :o

Fine thanks :) Yourself?

thanks, i feel real loved :o

I'd say it's a compliment that I, who am at least 3 years older than you, felt intimidated :D
    Fine thanks :) Yourself?

Alrighty. Made it home and went for my spin out to Strandhill. It was dark by the time I got there though, and raining, but still... something about the sounds of waves... very calming.

• Advertisement

Nice, I love just sitting beside the sea and listening to the waves, it's so peaceful.

Advertisement