Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Trophy Leaderboard: V3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RangeR wrote: »
    Just putting it here for future reference. I did some calculations and it matches up to my trophy count.

Linky

Bronze Trophy: 15 points
    Silver Trophy: 30 points
    Gold Trophy: 90 points
    Platinum Trophy: 180 points

I find that a bit silly, getting a 180 point bonus just because you unlocked the last gold, silver or bronze trophy...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

F1ngers wrote: »
    I find that a bit silly, getting a 180 point bonus just because you unlocked the last gold, silver or bronze trophy...:rolleyes:

I don't know, I use to think it was pointless assigning a value to the platinum but I guess the points are just that little bit extra reward for the 100%, plus I deserve that little extra for all the hard work getting that 100% :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

atat23 wrote: »
    The reason I was initially dubious was because I signed up on a different forum leaderboard and everyone got really competitve and started flaming each other with rants etc if they didn't get a trophy a certain way, like if they used a bug or something a few of the members went nuts. It was an American forum though so I know we're alot laid back than those uptight assholes. Made me realise that I honeslty don't care how many trophies I have compared to anyone else as long as I have fun collecting them.
    Yeah I think I know the site, I used it a year ago when you only needed 100 or so to get onto the leaderboard, now a minimum of 2million only gets you at the doorstep - some of the rubbish they come out with is actually funny but far too competitive.
    Just putting it here for future reference. I did some calculations and it matches up to my trophy count.
    Linky
    Linky2
    Good work man, it's a question many people have asked, I found getting to lvl13 the longest but now leveling up is something I really don't really mind (until Phoniexknight get to lvl15 that is lol).
    Haha bet if you were in atat's shoe's you'd have a different reaction! Although I do agree to a certain extent, only recently I got the Plat for Burnout, which involved the mugshot trophy a bit silly & pointless and only a bronze to complete the set.
    I don't know, I use to think it was pointless assigning a value to the platinum but I guess the points are just that little bit extra reward for the 100%, plus I deserve that little extra for all the hard work getting that 100% :D
    You really should do an advert and caress your trophies at the end...because you deserve it!

liverpo wrote: »
    You really should do an advert and caress your trophies at the end...because you deserve it!

lmao and when talking about the extra points from platinums we can throw in the tesco "Every little helps" cathphrase, hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

leaderboard16-3-10.jpg

• Advertisement

Gone onto 2 pages now, and a new leader. Looks like a long reign too.

leaderboard23-3-10-pt1.jpg

leaderboard23-3-10-pt2.jpg

aw, looks like my Dark Void platinum hasn't updated yet, I think I'm on 33.

I stated the Saboteur last night, haven't got that into it but if you have to get all those little white targets on the map for the plat, that'll take some time. If Just Cause 2 is delivered before I finish it, Saboteur will go on the backlog becasue the JC2 demo was awesome!

I also wanted to play FF13 and White knight Chronicles, too much to play these days ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

aw, looks like my Dark Void platinum hasn't updated yet, I think I'm on 33.

I stated the Saboteur last night, haven't got that into it but if you have to get all those little white targets on the map for the plat, that'll take some time. If Just Cause 2 is delivered before I finish it, Saboteur will go on the backlog becasue the JC2 demo was awesome!

I also wanted to play FF13 and White knight Chronicles, too much to play these days ffs :mad:

There is a lot too play, I guess but, it probably only becomes too much if you're trying to platinum everything ;)

the completionist in me, can not in good conscience, start playing a new game unless I've at least tried my best to unlock everything. I was the same back with the PS2, just with the PS2 it was less time consuming to unlock everything and there seemed to be a lot less that I wanted to actually play.

the completionist in me, can not in good conscience, start playing a new game unless I've at least tried my best to unlock everything. I was the same back with the PS2, just with the PS2 it was less time consuming to unlock everything and there seemed to be a lot less that I wanted to actually play.

Assassins Creed is the only game I've finished and then had the urge to try and get a Platinum trophy in but, that was because I had over 70% of the trophies after one run through!

• Advertisement

Yeah I like to know I've finished everything in a game, no stones left unturned, the obvious difference with the PS2 and now is that shiny reward at the end of a game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrShamrock7409

rizzla wrote: »
    You could try here.

http://ps3trophycard.com/leaderboard/ie

First on the Irish leaderboard is a PSN user by the name Spowned. Although there could be someone out there with more.

Im sorry but this can't be right, Spowned is not even Irish plus he doesn't even live in Ireland lol he's Polish thats what he said as i have him on my Friends list, so there has to be some kinda mistake on the Leaderboard He should be in Polish leaderboards not Irish.

Also i have noticed that there is one person missing on Irish Leaderboard who truly deserves to be first (well he even should be first ), I met him few days ago in Battlefield 2 BC

Im sorry but this can't be right, Spowned is not even Irish plus he doesn't even live in Ireland lol he's Polish thats what he said as i have him on my Friends list, so there has to be some kinda mistake on the Leaderboard He should be in Polish leaderboards not Irish.

Also i have noticed that there is one person missing on Irish Leaderboard who truly deserves to be first (well he even should be first ), I met him few days ago in Battlefield 2 BC

Spowned must have just put himself as Irish when he made his PSN account, can't think why you'd do that though.

Those leaderboards only show people who have used it to create trophy cards so it wouldn't show people like your BF2 buddy unless he's used that site before.

Tell him to sign up for this one though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

psn_leaderboard_20100412.png

RangeR aka IrishTLR, you need to add atat23 to your friends list on Playfire...lol...your last board listing is a distortion of the truth

RangeR aka IrishTLR, you need to add atat23 to your friends list on Playfire...lol...your last board listing is a distortion of the truth

Not going to happen
    RangeR is correct. I added all that were in before me(no one...:p). Therefore all that join should add those that were there before them.

As liverpo said,
    liverpo wrote:
    it only takes a second

Not going to happen
    Lmao...ok, atat23 can you add myself and RangeR to your Playfire friends list!

Not going to happen
    Lmao...ok, atat23 can you add myself and RangeR to your Playfire friends list!

Yeah, it's pointless! There are 26 members altogether, last week I actually went to the bother of adding those who hadn't added me as friends and not even all of them have hit confirm!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pointless! There are 26 members altogether, last week I actually went to the bother of adding those who hadn't added me as friends and not even all of them have hit confirm!

Hmmmm
    I predict that this leaderboard is doomed to fail, like all the other ones. I am seeing 17 members of the boards.ie group but 10 members on my friends list. People that are joining the group are not adding all members as friends. Therefore, there is only a subset of people that can actually post a proper leaderboard.

It's pure laziness on the part of people signing up, not adding people that have come before. It's not as if it's hundreds of previous users.

It's pure laziness on the part of people signing up, not adding people that have come before. It's not as if it's hundreds of previous users.

Laziness and poor site design to be honest, once you join a group like that, you should be able to compare all members in that group without having to add them all as friends on the site!

• Advertisement

oh, I thought the leaderboard was the members of the group, didn't realise it was just comparing your friends.

Should have read the OP more carefully :/

Alright lads...how about we update our trophies and see how we're all doing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Alright lads...how about we update our trophies and see how we're all doing.

What are your 36 plats?

What are your 36 plats?
    Bioshock, Burnout, Buzz Brain, Buzz Quiz, CoD Classic WaW MW2, Cars, Cloudy, DeadSpace, Demon's Souls, Eat Lead, Fallout3, Fuel, Godfather2, GOW1,2&3, Hasbro, inFamous, Jurasic, Madden, PES, RE5, Sega, Terminator, Tony Hawk Ride, Transformers, Trivial Pursuit, UC1&2, Up, Wanted, WWE LoW & SvR10...think that's it lol.

I have to be honest though...a friend was over and he did some of Madden, Ride aswell as Dj Hero (which is not Plat'd).

It's actually thanks to FurCue aka rizzla...he has almost a 100% game completion ratio, so I just finished games that had been lying around like Eat Lead, inFamous, G2, LoW etc

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Is playfire.com always the slowest website on planet earth cause I'm trying to join

Alright Lads...time to update leaderboard, everyone sync trophies!

Can FurCue or RangR do the update?

screenshot9x.png

Alright Lads...time to update leaderboard, everyone sync trophies!

Can FurCue or RangR do the update?

I can't reply to your PM. You have it disabled.

Just saw on ps3trophycard.com that liverpo got all the Socom confrontation trophies within a few minutes of each other. If I cared enough I'd probably do it too ;)

Nice though your in the top 5 on the Irish leaderboard there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

8 plats in the space of 3 weeks? Mother of Jesus. :eek:

The PS3 must be close to exploding.

Advertisement