Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Trophy Leaderboard: V3

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

I cleared this with projectmayhem

The new trophy leaderboard will be done with playfire.com, this makes it easily updatable.

It's simple.

1. Set up a playfire.com account

2. Join the boards.ie group on playfire.com

3. Add everyone within the group as a friend

And your all set.

When everyone is friends with everyone else anyone can post up the leaderboard, so the responsibility of posting up a new leaderboard every so often can be done by anyone (or those who care enough)

Just a simple rule though. Let at least 1 week go by before updating the leaderboard.

If you ever want to update the leaderboard and have everyone within the group added as a friend just head to this link and sort by friends.

http://www.playfire.com/a/ps3-trophy-leaderboard

Then print screen and bit of cropping/resizing later. You can upload the image and pop it in this thread for all to see.

Here's the first bare bones leaderboard...

leaderboard23-2-10.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And bear in mind point 3 when joining the group. Add all other members as friends so we all have a up to date view of the leaderboard. There are a few members that I don't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Unstuck the last thread and stickied this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Haha it won't be long before atat23 comes along swinging his 2million plus trophies putting us all to shame!

What seems to be a regular nod to rizzla aka FurCue, fair play, for someone who wasn't doing anymore updates, you've clearly outdone yourself!

Also cap doffed again...another Plat...I really have to get my finger out...I'm close to finishing 2or3 games just keep putting them on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Don't have that m,any trophies yet but I'm a real trophy whore XD requested membership of the group and added all the members there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

liverpo wrote: »
    Haha it won't be long before atat23 comes along swinging his 2million plus trophies putting us all to shame!

What seems to be a regular nod to rizzla aka FurCue, fair play, for someone who wasn't doing anymore updates, you've clearly outdone yourself!

Also cap doffed again...another Plat...I really have to get my finger out...I'm close to finishing 2or3 games just keep putting them on the long finger.

Latest plat was Killzone 2.

Next update will be on the 2nd of March. So join up and get whorin'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mitchydkid

K2 - nice Plat!

Lovin the boards group on Playfire - your building a nice little army!

I predict that this leaderboard is doomed to fail, like all the other ones. I am seeing 17 members of the boards.ie group but 10 members on my friends list. People that are joining the group are not adding all members as friends. Therefore, there is only a subset of people that can actually post a proper leaderboard.

RangeR wrote: »
    I predict that this leaderboard is doomed to fail, like all the other ones. I am seeing 17 members of the boards.ie group but 10 members on my friends list. People that are joining the group are not adding all members as friends. Therefore, there is only a subset of people that can actually post a proper leaderboard.

That's the spirit lol!
    In fairness this thread only started on Tuesday and the boards group on Playfire shortly after, have you sent a friend invite to those who are not on your friend list?
    I've sent to everyone and nearly everyone accepted, if we all work together it could work.

have you sent a friend invite to those who are not on your friend list?

meh, I'm not doing other peoples work for them. When someone joins the group, they should add everyone from the group to their friends list. otherwise the ones already on the board would have to cross reference their friends list all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

havent got the time to go after trophies these days unfortuantely

generally just the one runthrough of each game is all ive got time for:(

• Advertisement

meh, I'm not doing other peoples work for them. When someone joins the group, they should add everyone from the group to their friends list. otherwise the ones already on the board would have to cross reference their friends list all the time.

Mate it only takes a second, it's not exactly hard work but each for their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just wondering, how do you ensure that your trophies are up to date on your playfire account? I seem to be missing loads, not that I have that many!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Just wondering, how do you ensure that your trophies are up to date on your playfire account? I seem to be missing loads, not that I have that many!
    If your trophies are setup on Playfire, then once you update your trophies through https://secure.eu.playstation.com/psn/mypsn/ they will update after about an hour or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrShamrock7409

Hey Lads I am new to this forums and im not really a trophy person but i like to earn them once in a while..... if im not bored lol anyway im kinda curious who is Number #1 in Ireland that has most of the trophies and Platinums:D ? and how would you know that this person has most of the trophies, what i mean i by that is lets say theres someone outhere who is not registered on this forum and who has damn lots of trophies how would you know,
    or does it only count if ya are registered here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hey Lads I am new to this forums and im not really a trophy person but i like to earn them once in a while..... if im not bored lol anyway im kinda curious who is Number #1 in Ireland that has most of the trophies and Platinums:D ? and how would you know that this person has most of the trophies, what i mean i by that is lets say theres someone outhere who is not registered on this forum and who has damn lots of trophies how would you know,
    or does it only count if ya are registered here?

You could try here.

http://ps3trophycard.com/leaderboard/ie

First on the Irish leaderboard is a PSN user by the name Spowned. Although there could be someone out there with more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

theres no official leaderboard as such, to be on a leaderboard you must register some way or another, so yes there could be a person out there with 10k trophies and he/she wouldnt show up on any leaderboard until they choose to register. As far as i know theres an official one coming soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That's the spirit lol!
    In fairness this thread only started on Tuesday and the boards group on Playfire shortly after, have you sent a friend invite to those who are not on your friend list?
    I've sent to everyone and nearly everyone accepted, if we all work together it could work.
    Mate it only takes a second, it's not exactly hard work but each for their own!

RangeR is correct. I added all that were in before me(no one...:p). Therefore all that join should add those that were there before them.

As liverpo said,
    it only takes a second

rizzla wrote: »
    You could try here.

http://ps3trophycard.com/leaderboard/ie

First on the Irish leaderboard is a PSN user by the name Spowned. Although there could be someone out there with more.
    There's a fair few ahead of us! Although (and as mentioned before) I don't think anyone has a ratio like yours, in terms of trophies to Plats, I'm guessing your close to the next one?

tonydude wrote: »
    theres no official leaderboard as such, to be on a leaderboard you must register some way or another, so yes there could be a person out there with 10k trophies and he/she wouldnt show up on any leaderboard until they choose to register. As far as i know theres an official one coming soon.
    Funny that your stats are (seemingly) upto date on Playfire but not for us all to see here...(haha)!

Funny that your stats are (seemingly) upto date on Playfire but not for us all to see here...(haha)!

lol,

psn_leaderboard_20100302.png

• Advertisement

psn_leaderboard_20100302.png

A lot of work for me to do when I finish my exams!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

atat23 is on playfire also, currently listed as 2nd from ireland with an astounding 35 plats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Awh for fúcks sake, I got my first plat yesterday just for this and the bleedin' thing didn't update XD

At least I'm not last I guess...

152olfm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

atat23 is on playfire also, currently listed as 2nd from ireland with an astounding 35 plats

only 32 plats, last time I checked, haven't been able to do any serious trophy hunting for almost a month, god damn real life getting in the way :(

I will just say that I don't really want to be on the leaderboard though, I don't really post on boards.ie enough to feel justified enough to be on the "boards.ie leaderboard" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

noticed that afterward alright but never got round to changing my post. have been the same lately myself, cant seem to get any decent hours of gaming in, there must be a job out there somewhere that pays you to be a trophy whore

atat23 wrote: »
    I will just say that I don't really want to be on the leaderboard though, I don't really post on boards.ie enough to feel justified enough to be on the "boards.ie leaderboard" :D

Dude its only a bit a fun, you're a nice target for us all, look at Phoniexknight he's ripping through the trophies, along with CombatCow and the guy who will eventually reign supreme FurCue must have one of the highest games to Plats ratio on Playstation but you let something important like a life get in your way...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

Dude its only a bit a fun, you're a nice target for us all

Sure, why not, you'll also have the chance to catch up a little while I'm on a forced hiatus :P

The reason I was initially dubious was because I signed up on a different forum leaderboard and everyone got really competitve and started flaming each other with rants etc if they didn't get a trophy a certain way, like if they used a bug or something a few of the members went nuts. It was an American forum though so I know we're alot laid back than those uptight assholes. Made me realise that I honeslty don't care how many trophies I have compared to anyone else as long as I have fun collecting them.

Only thing a trophy leaderboard is good for is to see I'm not the only freak who enjoys collecting so many :D

atat23 wrote: »
    freak

:( me no freak lol,

• Advertisement

Just putting it here for future reference. I did some calculations and it matches up to my trophy count.

Linky

Linky2

Bronze Trophy: 15 points
    Silver Trophy: 30 points
    Gold Trophy: 90 points
    Platinum Trophy: 180 points

LVL 1 = 0 pt (+200)
    LVL 2 = 200 pt (+400)
    LVL 3 = 600 pt (+600)
    LVL 4 = 1,200 pt (+1200)
    LVL 5 = 2,400 pt (+1600)
    LVL 6 = 4,000 pt (+2000)