Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

Pinks are getting some very poor reviews on google reviews.what gives? Is it really that bad?

Are they the same people who own the vault?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dzilla wrote: »
    Are they the same people who own the vault?

Yeah and the woodman/foundry/sinnotts/lounge/ greenway hotel

You often see the same staff in all the places

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah and the woodman/foundry/sinnotts/lounge/ greenway hotel

You often see the same staff in all the places

Thats Eddie Sauvage and co isnt it, if im not mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Causeway group tis not sure if that's the lad who owns it or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The Causeway group is run by an American Vulture fund and Sean Johnston is their man in Waterford and a fella from Tramore manages it as far as i know,i think Eddie is only involved in Republik and Factory but i could be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I wouldn't look past Amigo for mexican food in Waterford.

Was always gonna be a very very difficult challenge to beat them in terms of nachos, burritos/fajitas etc..

Have not been to pinks yet but have seen some fairly bad reviews alright.

your man Neill Keilly manages the place I think?

Chingon bad ass burittos are very nice and affordable too. Would definitely recommend. The lads have a great little business going

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2020

I wouldn't look past Amigo for mexican food in Waterford.

Was always gonna be a very very difficult challenge to beat them in terms of nachos, burritos/fajitas etc..

Have not been to pinks yet but have seen some fairly bad reviews alright.

your man Neill Keilly manages the place I think?

I was so excited to hear a Mexican restaurant was coming to Waterford. I’ve yet to try Pinks I prefer Authentic rather than the Tex Mex they have on their menu. Waterfords crying out for a small restaurant serving authentic Mexican. Amigos is amazing but not what I’d consider going to on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

What's the story with the Mi Asian Street food take away in Johnstown, seems to have opened, then shut just as quick, I saw the signs were down also

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Chingon bad ass burittos are very nice and affordable too. Would definitely recommend. The lads have a great little business going

Had pulled pork burrito and salsa nacho's there yesterday, very tasty will certainly be back.

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    Anyone know if another restaurant has opened up where the Olive Tree wine bar on the Mall was?

Rack & Soul in there now but only doing deliveries at the moment

https://www.facebook.com/RackAndSoulWaterford/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

jimbojazz wrote: »
    What's the story with the Mi Asian Street food take away in Johnstown, seems to have opened, then shut just as quick, I saw the signs were down also

I have no idea what happened to Mi, wasn't open long at all and then it closed over night. they had even down some small renovations inside since they opened. it was nice food too.

similar to what happened to that place called Hanya on Michael street beside paddy power bookies. just suddenly closed over night. I see that place has been cleared out recently, took everything including the floor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Not sure about Mi, they seemed to open with a fanfare, fairly vocal on social media then just disappeared with a post in late August saying they were temporarily closing for a couple of days. I think they're a chain, albeit there's another Mi Street Food in Gorey.

Does Waterford really need 4 dedicated noodle bars though, considering about a year ago there was none? 2 Ramens, Lana out by the Cove and Mi Street food, maybe the business just wasn't there for them?

I see WowBurger, who in my opinion are the best of the "hip" recent burger bars around Dublin are opening in Waterford tomorrow, in the Craftsman of all places :confused::confused: Seems a very strange choice of venue to me, both in respect of pub and location. They do tend to partner up and have locations in pubs in Dublin but these tend to be trendy/hipster type places and are generally central enough locations. Time will tell I guess, I can see them doing really well in Waterford, just not in that location. Maybe it's better for my waistline they aren't that central :pac:

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/10/21/wowburger-comes-to-town/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Had to laugh at joe.ie calling Wowburgers location as being in Waterford city centre.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Not sure about Mi, they seemed to open with a fanfare, fairly vocal on social media then just disappeared with a post in late August saying they were temporarily closing for a couple of days. I think they're a chain, albeit there's another Mi Street Food in Gorey.

Does Waterford really need 4 dedicated noodle bars though, considering about a year ago there was none? 2 Ramens, Lana out by the Cove and Mi Street food, maybe the business just wasn't there for them?

I see WowBurger, who in my opinion are the best of the "hip" recent burger bars around Dublin are opening in Waterford tomorrow, in the Craftsman of all places :confused::confused: Seems a very strange choice of venue to me, both in respect of pub and location. They do tend to partner up and have locations in pubs in Dublin but these tend to be trendy/hipster type places and are generally central enough locations. Time will tell I guess, I can see them doing really well in Waterford, just not in that location. Maybe it's better for my waistline they aren't that central :pac:

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/10/21/wowburger-comes-to-town/

Just because its not on the Dunmore road doesnt mean its in a bad location,its actually in a great location and im sure they done their homework before opening up,thousands of people living,working and studying in a small area seems like a good location to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just because its not on the Dunmore road doesnt mean its in a bad location,its actually in a great location and im sure they done their homework before opening up,thousands of people living,working and studying in a small area seems like a good location to me.

Have I touched a nerve? :p I don't know where you're getting the Dunmore road from? I personally don't live on the Dunmore road either, so if they opened there that would be equally inconvenient for me. When I say a more central location, I meant a more central location i.e. the city centre.

I agree, in normal times Lisduggan would be a good location, however these aren't normal times and I personally can't see people going to the hassle of going to Lisduggan just to get a burger, just as I couldn't see people heading to any other pub in the suburbs just to get a burger, no matter how good they are.

Time will tell and personally I hope they do well, I just don't understand why they didn't open somewhere in the city centre.

Have I touched a nerve? :p I don't know where you're getting the Dunmore road from? I personally don't live on the Dunmore road either, so if they opened there that would be equally inconvenient for me. When I say a more central location, I meant a more central location i.e. the city centre.

I agree, in normal times Lisduggan would be a good location, however these aren't normal times and I personally can't see people going to the hassle of going to Lisduggan just to get a burger, just as I couldn't see people heading to any other pub in the suburbs just to get a burger, no matter how good they are.

Time will tell and personally I hope they do well, I just don't understand why they didn't open somewhere in the city centre.

Haha no you didn't hit a nerve ,my point was that it doesn't need people to go to the hassle of going there ,it has enough people in the area to support it normal times or not,there's thousands living in Larchville,Lismore,Lisduggan,Ballybeg ,Sunrise crescent,Woodlawn Grove etc ,then you have couple thousand working in the estate who don't live in the area who would go in there on their way into/home from work,i agree dont know why they didnt open in town but maybe they'll see how this goes first.

sure Abrakebabra opened out in the garage on the cork road and at the time done so well they opened up another one in city square. Something similar might happen Wowburger, looking forward to trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭anplaya27

sure Abrakebabra opened out in the garage on the cork road and at the time done so well they opened up another one in city square. Something similar might happen Wowburger, looking forward to trying it

There was an Abrakebabra in town years before there was one in the garage on the Cork road to be fair. Many a top was destroyed whilst devouring taco chips pissed after a night out. They must have made a fortune during the 2000s. I think Des Bishop did a stint in the original one in John's Street for a tv show before they moved premises across the road for a bit.

anplaya27 wrote: »
    There was an Abrakebabra in town years before there was one in the garage on the Cork road to be fair. Many a top was destroyed whilst devouring taco chips pissed after a night out. They must have made a fortune during the 2000s. I think Des Bishop did a stint in the original one in John's Street for a tv show before they moved premises across the road for a bit.

Yeah I remember them the Des Bishop doc was in where apache is now and then there was one next to the kentucky

The ones that are open now have nothing on the old ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

The first Abra was in Michael street at the end of Alexander street,I think opened around 93/94

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

aziz wrote: »
    The first Abra was in Michael street at the end of Alexander street,I think opened around 93/94

Where Paddy Powers is now I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

The premises are empty now again,was a restaurant until recently,it has a tattoo parlour upstairs

Online ordering for wowburger doesn't seem to work

Never any collection times available

Online ordering for wowburger doesn't seem to work

Never any collection times available

I was there yesterday and said it to them that i tried to order online for collection but i couldn't,they told me its not set up yet they are just finding their feet at the moment and will have it up and running soon!,best to just call out it wasn't busy when i was there anyway.

I was there yesterday and said it to them that i tried to order online for collection but i couldn't,they told me its not set up yet they are just finding their feet at the moment and will have it up and running soon!,best to just call out it wasn't busy when i was there anyway.

Seemed a load of cars waiting for orders when I was out there today

Think ill wait a few weeks till the opening hysteria dies off

There's literally thousands of people living in the area.The craftsman is also very popular among students.

Online ordering Live now for Wowburger collection, not sure about delivery. Looking forward to having it later

I wonder when the Craftsman reopens what way will they operate ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hard to see how Wow burger offers anything different from the 2 nearby chippers?? Burgers and chips are just burgers and chips...

• Advertisement

Hard to see how Wow burger offers anything different from the 2 nearby chippers?? Burgers and chips are just burgers and chips...

Wowburger looks better for selfies and all that

Food is ok nothing special

Advertisement